No announcement yet.

Oleksandr Usyk vs Deontay Wilder from the Artur Szpilka bout at heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    Unless he can avoid getting hit by any right hands for 12 rounds Wilder wins.
    The right hand is the equalizer to neutralize all.
    One handed boxers like Wilder can be neutralized very easily by someone as skilled as Usyk. Just like how Lomachenko totally neutralized the one handed Guillermo Rigondeaux.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      I think Usyk is incredibly slick and skilled but there are weight divisions for a reason. It will be interesting to see him make the move to Heavy, I know his team has spoken about it before.
      Oleksandr Usyk has fought super heavyweights, heavyweights, cruiser weights and has still never been stopped in his entire career, pro or amateur.

On the other hand, both Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder have been stopped by far lesser boxers than Oleksandr Usyk.

Oleksandr Usyk is also a huge cruiser weight that weighs around 220 pounds on fight night or more. So he is practically the same weight as Deontay Wilder.

Comment

Agree with the sentiment Usyk would outclass Wilder but that he could be a danger with any punch due to size difference. Usyk would win every round until hit cleanly and even then would he get KO'd? Seems pretty sturdy to me so I'd pick him by wide UD. Wilder will be the least skilled opponent he's fought at championship level.

Comment

When you are talking about the highest skills in boxing, Usyk is your guy. Wilder is strong and can change fights with one big punch, but not sure he would land anything cleanly on Usyk.

Usyk outclasses him by way of a UD.

Comment

That Wilder looked very sloppy and I think Usyk would have no trouble out pointing him. The Wilder who crushed Stiverne looked good and would be harder for Usyk to beat. Usyk would have to be careful. A big punch landed clean by the windmill of doom could be big trouble for Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
              One handed boxers like Wilder can be neutralized very easily by someone as skilled as Usyk. Just like how Lomachenko totally neutralized the one handed Guillermo Rigondeaux.
              I agree that Usyk would win on points but I wouldn't call Wilder a one handed boxer. He throws a lot of wide windmill looping slop but he also has a wicked straight right, a long fast hard left jab and a left hook that has dropped lots of boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                Actually, Usyk has already fought super heavyweights and unlike Joshua or Wilder, has never been stopped in his amateur or pro career. So Usyk has experience in taking power punches from big heavyweights. Usyk also beat the same boxer (Mihai Nistor) who stopped Anthony Joshua easily.

On fight night, Usyk weighs just as much, if not more than Artur Szpilka or even David Haye. In fact, Usyk is currently bigger in size than David Haye's size as a cruiser weight. So the small heavyweight argument is a myth. Usyk is a huge cruiser weight that'd be an average size heavyweight with far above average boxing skills compared to any heavyweight today.

Maris Breidis who isn't even a heavyweight, knocked out one of the heavyweight champions today in Manuel Charr. In reality, the best cruiser weight today might actually be the best boxer in a head to head sense (not pound for pound).
                I'm talking Usyk's pro experience at the top levels of the pro game against huge heavyweights. He hasnt been there yet. And Charr has less than a 50% KO record and is 6'3 which doesnt compare to Wilder who is 6/7 and hits twice as hard. Briedas would get badly damaged if that was Wilder he was fighting. I would put money on Wilder against Either guy.
                Last edited by richardt; 01-04-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Until Usyk shows us that he's the best CW, I don't even see him beating any HVW with skill. He's another fighter who is being overrated by his Homer fans. Wilder might kill his stiff ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                    Until Usyk shows us that he's the best CW, I don't even see him beating any HVW with skill. He's another fighter who is being overrated by his Homer fans. Wilder might kill his stiff ass.
                    1) Wilder has very little boxing 'skills'. He is mainly athletic.

2) Oleksandr Usyk is anything but 'stiff'. Have you even seen him box before?

3) Wilder was nearly killed by a 6 foot 1 cruiser weight named Evgeny Romanov back in Russia. And Wilder was getting out-boxed by Artur Szpilka. And Oleksandr Usyk is more skilled than either of them. And Oleksandr Usyk has never been stopped in his pro or amateur career, unlike Deontay Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                      I'm talking Usyk's pro experience at the top levels of the pro game against huge heavyweights. He hasnt been there yet. And Charr has less than a 50% KO record and is 6'3 which doesnt compare to Wilder who is 6/7 and hits twice as hard. Briedas would get badly damaged if that was Wilder he was fighting. I would put money on Wilder against Either guy.
                      It doesn't matter. Amateur or pro, he has fought super heavyweights and has beaten them. Including super heavyweights like Mihai Nistor who stopped Anthony Joshua. Experience is experience. And most heavyweights today, except the absolute best ones aren't really better than the super heavyweights that Usyk had already beat.

It doesn't matter that Charr has a 50% knockout record and that he is 6 foot 3. He is still a heavyweightchampion and the fact that a natural cruiser weight in Maris Breidis, who was outweighed by well 20 pounds or more, knocked Manuel Charr out unconscious is mightily impressive. This only proves the quality of the cruiser weight division. Even if Breidis were to lose to Wilder, he would still be one of Wilder's best opponents to date and be significantly better than some of the competition Wilder has been boxing against.

Artur Szpilka is nowhere near as good as Usyk and Wilder was out-boxed for in most rounds rounds by Szpilka out of the 10 rounds. Szpilka already proved he has a suspect chin by previously being stopped by Bryant Jenning and then later on by a domestic level opponent in 4 rounds. Wilder took 10 rounds to KO Szpilka.

On the other hand, Usyk has never been stopped in his boxing career, pro or amateurs.

Also, Usyk is naturally just as big, if not bigger in size than Szpilka. If Szpilka were to lose his fat, he would also be a cruiser weight today and would get out-boxed and probably knocked out by some of the top cruiser weights like Usyk.

Comment

Working...
                      X