Collapse
No announcement yet.

How highly do you rate Luis Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahaha..i love it...typical GGGroupie behavior...."hey lets knock ortiz"...but when people were telling u the truth about lemiuex a year or so ago its "ggg beats top 10 MWs what else you want him to do lemiuex was a top 5 MW...MW isnt that weak guys i swear"

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      Much, much higher than Parker
      Based on the guys he's fought?

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
        Based on the guys he's fought?
        Based in him being a fucking bad ass

Comment

Boxrec has him at #4 below Joshua, Povetkin and Wilder but above Parker at #7.

short of class opponents. Malik Scott, Bryant Jennings and a long past his best Tony Thompson were the names that stood out.
          Yea, I looked at Boxrec too and scratched my head about it. I think there is an agenda behind the scenes cause after the last Povetkin bout, I don't see how they can rank the ******n in the top 5, looked like total garbage to me.

...and the level of Ortiz' opponents is slightly lacking, but he took them apart fairly easily. Hard to gauge the Cuban's potential, being long in the tooth and not having PEDs to rely on.

A match with Wilder is going to make it abundantly clear I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
            343 amateur victories, undefeated as professional in 30 pro fights, never been down, trains hard and stays in phenomenal physical condition 365 days of the year. Let's face it, this beast would rip the belts off Joshua and Parker. The only man in the division who can stand up to this monster and back him up is none other than The Bronze Bomber. In any other era, the Cuban would be a champion, but unfortunately for him he stepped into the wrong neighborhood. March 3 at the Barclays, let's just say I hope the man have a good dentist or else he may need dentures when I finish with him.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
              Yea, I looked at Boxrec too and scratched my head about it. I think there is an agenda behind the scenes cause after the last Povetkin bout, I don't see how they can rank the ******n in the top 5, looked like total garbage to me.

...and the level of Ortiz' opponents is slightly lacking, but he took them apart fairly easily. Hard to gauge the Cuban's potential, being long in the tooth and not having PEDs to rely on.

I don't know how much that last performance was ring rust from Povetkin and how much was the lamentable attitude of his opponent. Povetkin looks like he can box, but maybe he doesn't have the size to beat the likes of wilder or Joshua.

Ortiz and Povetkin are apparently the same age but Povetkin didn't look to be slowing in the same way, although I take your point, it was a tough watch.

Comment

Boxrec isn't an opinion, they just stick the result into the computer and it gives them points. Doesn't take into account the performance either, other than the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Boxrec isn't an opinion, they just stick the result into the computer and it gives them points. Doesn't take into account the performance either, other than the scorecards.
                  Still, I just can't see it Robbie, Pov's achievements don't warrant that high of a ranking. Must be a computer/math thing.

Comment

Still, I just can't see it Robbie, Pov's achievements don't warrant that high of a ranking. Must be a computer/math thing.
                    I believe hammer was rated in the top 10 before the fight.

Comment

I don't know how much that last performance was ring rust from Povetkin and how much was the lamentable attitude of his opponent. Povetkin looks like he can box, but maybe he doesn't have the size to beat the likes of wilder or Joshua.

Ortiz and Povetkin are apparently the same age but Povetkin didn't look to be slowing in the same way, although I take your point, it was a tough watch.
                      I my eyes, it's about speed, not size or power.
                      Speed beat power, EVERY TIME, the only thing that beats speed is timing.
                      Pov doesn't seem to have either, in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                      X