No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Argument For (And Against) Lomachenko Being #1 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    Topic is about Loma so yes irrelevant. Yes I've been wrong before but I usually don't just make a pick due to my feelings about the fighter more the match-up which makes me a better predictor than most.
    is it possible that some felt walters was bigger and stronger and would be able to defeat loma? or that rigo was just more skilled? or does it have to be deliberately about feelings?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      is it possible that some felt walters was bigger and stronger and would be able to defeat loma? or that rigo was just more skilled? or does it have to be deliberately about feelings?
      That is fine but the same folks that completely wrote Loma off as incapable or even being competitive in those fights never held their hands up or acknowledged it and then ****ted on those same fights they got wrong.

Comment

I believe so yes because Salido didn't weigh in on the limit he was 3-4 lbs over so had a huge advantage that wasn't agreed upon (i.e. he cheated) and I felt he got away with way too many low blows and any good ref would have taken multiple points. Salido fought a deliberately dirty fight and that's clear to see.

I felt it was about 6-6 in rounds due to Loma starting slow but anyway that says the weigh-in fiasco didn't happen or the low blows didn't happen are delusional.
        lol...brandon rios weighed 175 on fight night against tim bradley and got his arse kicked....salido didnt have any advantage man......loma is just one of those EE guys that doesnt like to deal with a guy that brings a fight like that......its the same with kovalev.....and if someone brought a fight like that to golovkin he would fare the same......they like to stand at ideal range and box/fight...when someone gets inside and mucks things up they dont really know how to cope

i actually like loma alot and think hes really good

if i say there were no low blows in ward/kova 2 am i also delusional?

Comment

That is fine but the same folks that completely wrote Loma off as incapable or even being competitive in those fights never held their hands up or acknowledged it and then ****ted on those same fights they got wrong.
          i think anyone completely writing loma off in any of those fights cant be taken seriously and has to be a troll trying to rile people up in the same fashion that many other fighters get bagged on....any real boxing fan wouldnt write loma off in any sensible fight

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
            Yes Loma had a size advantage. I am not disputing that. However, I don't think he won the fight because he imposed his sheer size and power on Rigo, he comprehensively out boxed him by running circles around him and having superior speed of both hand and foot. I would have much preferred that they fought a couple of years ago when one was a featherweight and one was Jr feather but unfortunately things didn't work out that way. I am not saying that Loma's win puts him at number 1 pound for pound, but it was a very impressive victory that I doubt could be duplicated by any other 130 lber. Peace.
            Can't argue with you on anyth8ng you wrote. All good points. Actually he didn't use his superior size at all really.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Can't argue with you on anyth8ng you wrote. All good points. Actually he didn't use his superior size at all really.
              ya...he really didnt

it reminds me of years ago when people complained about floyd weighing in over for marquez...which didnt matter one bit as he didnt use any size ...he simply outclassed and outboxed marquez by a wide margin....and marquez is one of my all time faves

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                lol...brandon rios weighed 175 on fight night against tim bradley and got his arse kicked....salido didnt have any advantage man......loma is just one of those EE guys that doesnt like to deal with a guy that brings a fight like that......its the same with kovalev.....and if someone brought a fight like that to golovkin he would fare the same......they like to stand at ideal range and box/fight...when someone gets inside and mucks things up they dont really know how to cope

i actually like loma alot and think hes really good

if i say there were no low blows in ward/kova 2 am i also delusional?
                He didn't make the limit of 126. He was over by a few lbs. That makes a difference when you don't cut during camp. I'm not talking what he re-hydrated to I am talking what he weighed in at.

Also, even Stevie Wonder could see the low blows. I mean they are on film. He didn't go low? You wouldn't have taken at least a couple points?

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  “Exposing Rigondeaux as a quitter and a liar”???

I guess GGG exposed Kell Brook’s fragile face. Canelo exposes Khan’s fragile chin. And Floyd exposed JMM’s not as good as advertised counterpunching ability.

They make weight classes for a reason bro. Rigo was up against it going in. He bruised his hand. Could he have fought on? Probably. Would it have been pointless? Absolutely. Rigondeaux actually defended very well against Lomachencko. Holding him to a 16% connect rate. He was just never in position to counter all those misses. He couldn’t pull the trigger. Size played a factor. I’m sure so did age. And I’m sure hurting his hand didn’t help. I mean, it’s easy for us to eat our chests from the comforts of our couches. But there’s really no need to sustain unnecessary punishment when the athletic competition is no longer in doubt. Miguel Cotto quit in his first fight against Margarito. Come to find out, Margarito had bricks in his gloves. If Cotto goes out on his shield there. I doubt very seriously he’s able to fight nearly another decade at a high level.
                  I guess I shouldn't really call him a liar. I just couldn't tell if he hurt is hand or not. It looked suspicious and I rewatched the fight again and didnt see anywhere where he hurt it... If he truly hurt his hand he did it in training. Or at the very least reinjured it In the fight. He had no choice to fight injured because if the fight got postponed Loma was gonna move on.

Comment

He didn't make the limit of 126. He was over by a few lbs. That makes a difference when you don't cut during camp. I'm not talking what he re-hydrated to I am talking what he weighed in at.

Also, even Stevie Wonder could see the low blows. I mean they are on film. He didn't go low? You wouldn't have taken at least a couple points?
                    loma was the headlining fighter there....whats the angle on allowing salido to lowblow and foul loma? it was a top rank show wasnt it? what was there to be gained?

sometimes things happen in fights that are missed from different angles and different refs allow a little more than others or issue more warnings than others....it just is what it is........if it isnt the refs or the lowblows its something else...its "well it was only his 2nd pro fight" or whatever else

the excuse making is out of hand....

if salido was some young pup or kid and didnt cut the weight i could see an argument...salido was an old dog that just has trouble cutting

Comment

I believe so yes because Salido didn't weigh in on the limit he was 3-4 lbs over so had a huge advantage that wasn't agreed upon (i.e. he cheated) and I felt he got away with way too many low blows and any good ref would have taken multiple points. Salido fought a deliberately dirty fight and that's clear to see.

I felt it was about 6-6 in rounds due to Loma starting slow but anyway that says the weigh-in fiasco didn't happen or the low blows didn't happen are delusional.
                      No he didn't cheat. He paid for the weight and Loma could of turned it down. And he didn't. I dont want to ever hear this BS again after dragging 2 guys up in a row...

ALMOST same size

NOT even FKN CLOSE

Last edited by Shadoww702; 12-16-2017, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X