No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Argument For (And Against) Lomachenko Being #1 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
    loma has more title fights in 10 fights than mikey or crawford. Loma #1, crawford #2 in my book
    Can't argue with that. I can't hate on him for exposing Rig. as a QUITTER and liar. He DOMINATED a P4Per. and made it look easy.I just don't want to see no more guys lower in weight class. He's a big dude at 130. 135 has way better fighters and fights.

130 ain't sht! Unless he want to unify all the belts (Which is only reason to stay).

Tank aint gonna fight him.
    Alberto Machado was getting dropped in his last fight and down on all the cards.
    Miguel Berchelt got KO'd in 1 round.

The division below him is STACKED but he's bigger than them.

Comment

Mikey garcia beats Lomo fairly easy. Lomo is overhyped anyway

Mikey beats Lomo easily stunning all the hype makers. Lomo is way overhyped and not that great anyway. Make the fight and this fake hype stuff.

Comment

I have Crawford ahead of Lomachencko. But a solid argument can be made for either guy. I view the top P4P spot a little differently in my personal little boxing universe. To me, there’s a difference between a P4P King and someone simply bring #1 P4P. Floyd, Manny, Roy Jones, Sweet Pea, etc were P4P Kings. There was no question that they were the #1 guy. Whomever you have #1 now is kinda there by default. And that default is that Ward “retired.” I think Crawford and Lomachencko are the two top guys heading into 2018. It will be interesting to see if either can separate themselves and create no doubt. To me, Lomachencko could do that if he fights and beats Mikey Garcia. Gonna be a little tougher for Crawford at welterweight. Because politics are gonna prevent him from fighting the top guys there. I think staying at 140 might have been the better move. Especially if Lomachencko were game enough to do what Rigondeaux just did and make the two division jump to make a superfight. Even though I wouldn’t give Crawford a huge amount of credit if he beat Lomachencko. Size difference is pretty big.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
          I like Loma, but Walters had a year lay off, Marriaga came from a lost and lower division. Guillermo had very low activity in recent yrs, was old, and two weight division lower. He needs to beat Berchelt or Davis.
          I agree I think Lomachenko is a combination of good talent and excellent match making. He's fighting talented fighters but he's also catching these guys at the right time. Like you mentioned before he caught Walter's coming off a long layoff, he got Rigo to move up two weight classes plus that's hard to do at 37 years old and only having fought 3 rounds in two years. And like you mentioned Marriaga coming off a loss. You gotta give credit to the people managing Lomachenko's career they are doing a amazing job. Plus Lomachenko has talent I'd like to see what he does against a guy that's been active and in their prime like he is and same weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Can't argue with that. I can't hate on him for exposing Rig. as a QUITTER and liar. He DOMINATED a P4Per. and made it look easy.I just don't want to see no more guys lower in weight class. He's a big dude at 130. 135 has way better fighters and fights.

130 ain't sht! Unless he want to unify all the belts (Which is only reason to stay).

Tank aint gonna fight him.
            Alberto Machado was getting dropped in his last fight and down on all the cards.
            Miguel Berchelt got KO'd in 1 round.

The division below him is STACKED but he's bigger than them.
            “Exposing Rigondeaux as a quitter and a liar”???

I guess GGG exposed Kell Brook’s fragile face. Canelo exposes Khan’s fragile chin. And Floyd exposed JMM’s not as good as advertised counterpunching ability.

They make weight classes for a reason bro. Rigo was up against it going in. He bruised his hand. Could he have fought on? Probably. Would it have been pointless? Absolutely. Rigondeaux actually defended very well against Lomachencko. Holding him to a 16% connect rate. He was just never in position to counter all those misses. He couldn’t pull the trigger. Size played a factor. I’m sure so did age. And I’m sure hurting his hand didn’t help. I mean, it’s easy for us to eat our chests from the comforts of our couches. But there’s really no need to sustain unnecessary punishment when the athletic competition is no longer in doubt. Miguel Cotto quit in his first fight against Margarito. Come to find out, Margarito had bricks in his gloves. If Cotto goes out on his shield there. I doubt very seriously he’s able to fight nearly another decade at a high level.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              It's between Terence Crawford and Lomachenko right now.

Errol Spence can be in the conversation too if he beats Lamont Peterson and Keith Thurman.
              No its not..... I love Loma but TC hands down. Burns, Gamboa, Postol, JI & undisputed and throw in a gold medalist in Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by methodcal View Post
                No its not..... I love Loma but TC hands down. Burns, Gamboa, Postol, JI & undisputed and throw in a gold medalist in Diaz.
                They are both highly skilled fighters. It's good to have the two of them around to help carry the sport after the Floyd/Pacquiao era.

Comment

How many move up two full weight classes at once and fight the BEST can you name that won???
                  Bernard Hopkins moved up from 160 to 175 and won.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                    I agree I think Lomachenko is a combination of good talent and excellent match making. He's fighting talented fighters but he's also catching these guys at the right time. Like you mentioned before he caught Walter's coming off a long layoff, he got Rigo to move up two weight classes plus that's hard to do at 37 years old and only having fought 3 rounds in two years. And like you mentioned Marriaga coming off a loss. You gotta give credit to the people managing Lomachenko's career they are doing a amazing job. Plus Lomachenko has talent I'd like to see what he does against a guy that's been active and in their prime like he is and same weight class.
                    those guys at top rank are no fools when it comes to matching guys.....look at what they did with pac? that guy fought mostly guys coming of losses or guys floyd already beat.....heck man...cotto had been beaten down by bricks....hatton got ko'd by floyd and then put on queer street by juan lazcano.....oscar was a corpse.....they waited on marquez(notice how pac fans are ok with this but not ok with canelo making golovkin wait a year or so) a couple of times.....they once made the marquez rematch after they saw marquez get whitewashed by floyd at 147 and that backfired

those guys know how to carefully build a star....loma has skills that stand out on their own...but TR can help enhance him

Comment

SHT GGG fans are screaming BLOODY MURDER because Canelo fights on Cinco De Mayo and they're saying he's just trying to age GGG. GGG is 3 years younger than Rig. and BIGGER unlike Rig. who was much, much smaller than Loma.

You have eyes right??? And can see??? I hope your not one of those guys who says they were close in size...
                      Yes Loma had a size advantage. I am not disputing that. However, I don't think he won the fight because he imposed his sheer size and power on Rigo, he comprehensively out boxed him by running circles around him and having superior speed of both hand and foot. I would have much preferred that they fought a couple of years ago when one was a featherweight and one was Jr feather but unfortunately things didn't work out that way. I am not saying that Loma's win puts him at number 1 pound for pound, but it was a very impressive victory that I doubt could be duplicated by any other 130 lber. Peace.

Comment

Working...
                      X