No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Argument For (And Against) Lomachenko Being #1 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    No he didn't cheat. He paid for the weight and Loma could of turned it down. And he didn't. I dont want to ever hear this BS again after dragging 2 guys up in a row...

ALMOST same size

NOT even FKN CLOSE

Of course he cheated. He weighed in like 3lbs over the limit. Loma went through with the fight due to inexperience but Salido bought an unfair advantage by cheating. Is what it is. I've moved on and Loma has you lot and Salido are still living in the past.

Not cutting weight is a huge advantage against a guy that cuts even if they the same size. Also the low blows are cheating. Everyone knows low blows are cheating especially intentional ones and done multiple times (like between 70-100).

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      loma was the headlining fighter there....whats the angle on allowing salido to lowblow and foul loma? it was a top rank show wasnt it? what was there to be gained?

sometimes things happen in fights that are missed from different angles and different refs allow a little more than others or issue more warnings than others....it just is what it is........if it isnt the refs or the lowblows its something else...its "well it was only his 2nd pro fight" or whatever else

the excuse making is out of hand....

if salido was some young pup or kid and didnt cut the weight i could see an argument...salido was an old dog that just has trouble cutting
      I hear the longer and MORE Loma Fans cry they might change that Salido loss to a NC...
      Last edited by Shadoww702; 12-16-2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

loma was the headlining fighter there....whats the angle on allowing salido to lowblow and foul loma? it was a top rank show wasnt it? what was there to be gained?

sometimes things happen in fights that are missed from different angles and different refs allow a little more than others or issue more warnings than others....it just is what it is........if it isnt the refs or the lowblows its something else...its "well it was only his 2nd pro fight" or whatever else

the excuse making is out of hand....

if salido was some young pup or kid and didnt cut the weight i could see an argument...salido was an old dog that just has trouble cutting
        It was on an undercard fight and Salido had the crowd it was in Texas. The ref was incompetent not fixed. His incompetence dictated the outcome because he even said "I blew it" said he missed a bunch of calls and felt bad watching it on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
          loma has more title fights in 10 fights than mikey or crawford. Loma #1, crawford #2 in my book
          I like Loma, but we're giving him a lot on the "eye test," and if I'm just going off the eye-test, then Crawford and Mikey are more impressive. Loma "clowns" his opponents, Mikey (Zlaticanin) and Crawford (Indongo) destroy their opponents! Loma is extra-talented! I think he needs a "moment" like Mayweather vs. Gatti! Loma needs to fight Pacquiao at a CW, and create that "moment!"

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            Of course he cheated. He weighed in like 3lbs over the limit. Loma went through with the fight due to inexperience but Salido bought an unfair advantage by cheating. Is what it is. I've moved on and Loma has you lot and Salido are still living in the past.

Not cutting weight is a huge advantage against a guy that cuts even if they the same size. Also the low blows are cheating. Everyone knows low blows are cheating especially intentional ones and done multiple times (like between 70-100).
            loma went through with the fight due to "inexperience"?

loma has a manager...and has a promotional outfit that has plenty of experience.....he went through with the fight because he felt he wasnt at a disadvantage and the gap in skill was wide

Comment

loma has a manager...and has a promotional outfit that has plenty of experience.....he went through with the fight because he felt he wasnt at a disadvantage and the gap in skill was wide
              Yeah he's a fighter he wanted it and it's fine it's served him well but doesn't mean he wasn't cheated (at the scale and by the low blows).

Ali Funeka fought a re-match with Joan Guzman (after a robbery draw) and Guzman came in 8-9 lbs heavy and Funeka still went through with it. He lost but he was cheated by Guzman.

Cole's incompetence had a hand in it too. I can't believe you don't think he didn't deserve at least a couple of points.

Comment

It was on an undercard fight and Salido had the crowd it was in Texas. The ref was incompetent not fixed. His incompetence dictated the outcome because he even said "I blew it" said he missed a bunch of calls and felt bad watching it on TV.
                it was an undercard fight on a top rank HBO card....loma was the headlining fighter....what was the advantage of having loma beaten and fouled?

you guys act like top rank set loma up to fail....one of the premier promotional outfits in boxing totally put the screws to a guy they wanted to build as a face of the company.......lol

if you wanna say the ref blew it and missed some calls...that fine...i can dig that

but the "it was texas salido had the crowd and the weight advantage and it was only lomas 2nd pro fight he so inexperienced wah wah" BS is just that

Comment

Lets not forget Salido was 34 years old with about a DOZEN losses. They had PLENTY of tape on him after his 50+ fights.
                  Lomachenko LOST to an OLD man with 12 loses and 2 Draws...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Lets not forget Salido was 34 years old with about a DOZEN losses. They had PLENTY of tape on him after his 50+ fights.
                    Lomachenko LOST to an OLD man with 12 loses and 2 Draws...
                    these guys are going so far as to say "it was in texas salido had the crowd"...lol...and now lomas inexperience not only played a role in him losing the fight but also even going through with it? lmao....these guys man..ill tell ya...they will say anything to excuse that L

Comment

I felt the Ref should of at least gave Loma a warning for trying to rip Rigs. arms out. And that VERY late hit that practically hit the ref. No warning on that. He THREW a punch WELL after the bell. Now your just being a hypocrite. That Ref. was PRO Loma

Didn't you say GGG was going to SMASH Canelo???

Comment

Working...
                      X