No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Argument For (And Against) Lomachenko Being #1 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    it was an undercard fight on a top rank HBO card....loma was the headlining fighter....what was the advantage of having loma beaten and fouled?

you guys act like top rank set loma up to fail....one of the premier promotional outfits in boxing totally put the screws to a guy they wanted to build as a face of the company.......lol

if you wanna say the ref blew it and missed some calls...that fine...i can dig that

but the "it was texas salido had the crowd and the weight advantage and it was only lomas 2nd pro fight he so inexperienced wah wah" BS is just that
    I don't think there was anything sinister going on outside of Salido cheating the weight. Cole just had a bad night and the bad night was all to the benefit of one fighter.

Pacquaio got robbed against Bradley they didn't want Bradley to win. Not all incompetence goes the way the promoter wants.

My point is if they had hired a competent ref not even a good ref even with the weight cheating Loma would have won by 2-3 points because of deductions. I think if Salido had to cut weight it could have been even wider than that. Could have been.

The 2nd fight isn't BS. It's a fact based comment. It was indeed his second bout.

Comment

these guys are going so far as to say "it was in texas salido had the crowd"...lol...and now lomas inexperience not only played a role in him losing the fight but also even going through with it? lmao....these guys man..ill tell ya...they will say anything to excuse that L
      I KNOW!!! I guess anything thing to make them feel better??? Now blaming Texas.

You know who NEVER made an excuse for the loss???

Lomachenko. After the fight he even ADMITTED he should of listened to his corner better and wasn't taking their advice....He pulled a Kovalov and LOST like he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        I felt the Ref should of at least gave Loma a warning for trying to rip Rigs. arms out. And that VERY late hit that practically hit the ref. No warning on that. He THREW a punch WELL after the bell. Now your just being a hypocrite. That Ref. was PRO Loma

Didn't you say GGG was going to SMASH Canelo???
        Your being a hypocrite too then since the Salido ref was "fair" and the Rigo ref not. Rigo held a lot.

I actually didn't. I predicted a close decision win for GGG in a 7-5 or 8-4 type of bout. I gave Canelo a great shot as I always believed him to be a good fighter. Most the media and fans agreed that the fight was a 7-5 8-4 type fight. You predicted Canelo would win easy and that's a lot further off than MY pick.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          I don't think there was anything sinister going on outside of Salido cheating the weight. Cole just had a bad night and the bad night was all to the benefit of one fighter.

Pacquaio got robbed against Bradley they didn't want Bradley to win. Not all incompetence goes the way the promoter wants.

My point is if they had hired a competent ref not even a good ref even with the weight cheating Loma would have won by 2-3 points because of deductions. I think if Salido had to cut weight it could have been even wider than that. Could have been.

The 2nd fight isn't BS. It's a fact based comment. It was indeed his second bout.

Comment

Your being a hypocrite too then since the Salido ref was "fair" and the Rigo ref not. Rigo held a lot.

I actually didn't. I predicted a close decision win for GGG in a 7-5 or 8-4 type of bout. I gave Canelo a great shot as I always believed him to be a good fighter. Most the media and fans agreed that the fight was a 7-5 8-4 type fight. You predicted Canelo would win easy and that's a lot further off than MY pick.
            No I didn't! I picked the OVER (Knew EASY $$$$). I bet MULTIPLE ppl on this site. Some haven't even paid me yet. I predicted MD or SD and even jokes it might be a draw. Their styles were going to be too hard for ALL 3 judges to score it for one fighter.

Comment

No I didn't! I picked the OVER (Knew EASY $$$$). I bet MULTIPLE ppl on this site. Some haven't even paid me yet. I predicted MD or SD and even jokes it might be a draw. Their styles were going to be too hard for ALL 3 judges to score it for one fighter.
              Ok fair enough we were both wrong about what the other predicted.

Comment

umm....top rank didnt really want bradley to win but they couldnt lose in the deal....they had both guys and bradley had a solid record and resume and was somewhat marketable and allowed bob to set up another big fight for pac .....theres no real money in a salido/loma rematch for bob ....whereas pac/bradley was good business

and the 2nd fight comment is BS...its a weak excuse....and ive already explained why...yet its fact it was his 2nd pro bout

but how does one get to potentially attain the glory of winning a world title in his 2nd pro fight without having to take the L and be criticized? explain that to me please....you are either in it or you arent

loma took the fight because he felt he was more than prepard to make that leap....and hes no novice......if he wins the fight everyone is sucking his johnson...but when he loses it cant be fair or we have to make the excuse for him?

loma, his manager and promo company all took the fight believing he was more than ready for that kind of fight...hes no pup....he was in his mid 20s and has been boxing for years....sparring and training.....like i said...you guys wanna act like a year before the salido fight loma was still training like he was fighting 4x 2 minute rounds against 18 year olds.....i can assure you he wasnt

Comment

I KNOW!!! I guess anything thing to make them feel better??? Now blaming Texas.

You know who NEVER made an excuse for the loss???

Lomachenko. After the fight he even ADMITTED he should of listened to his corner better and wasn't taking their advice....He pulled a Kovalov and LOST like he did.
                  true story

if loma wins that fight hes an ATG already...but when he takes that L its "not fair"....these guys man...i swear...they pick and choose who can do what and get away with that...and then claim they are boxing "fans"

Comment

umm....top rank didnt really want bradley to win but they couldnt lose in the deal....they had both guys and bradley had a solid record and resume and was somewhat marketable and allowed bob to set up another big fight for pac .....theres no real money in a salido/loma rematch for bob ....whereas pac/bradley was good business

and the 2nd fight comment is BS...its a weak excuse....and ive already explained why...yet its fact it was his 2nd pro bout

but how does one get to potentially attain the glory of winning a world title in his 2nd pro fight without having to take the L and be criticized? explain that to me please....you are either in it or you arent

loma took the fight because he felt he was more than prepard to make that leap....and hes no novice......if he wins the fight everyone is sucking his johnson...but when he loses it cant be fair or we have to make the excuse for him?

loma, his manager and promo company all took the fight believing he was more than ready for that kind of fight...hes no pup....he was in his mid 20s and has been boxing for years....sparring and training.....like i said...you guys wanna act like a year before the salido fight loma was still training like he was fighting 4x 2 minute rounds against 18 year olds.....i can assure you he wasnt
                    Professional experience means a lot too. There's a reason Hopkins lost his debut at aged 24 to a nobody but became a good fighter. I get it you think Salido beats even this version of Loma but he's improved and proven he's got MUCH better over time. He's learned and he's still learning it's part of being a pro boxer I guess.

Loma had next to no pro experience as a fact. Sure he had pedigree but experience means a lot in pro boxing.

Top Rank had nothing to gain by Mosley getting a controversial re-match win over Oscar either whilst on roids. I said nothing was sinister and the ref just sucked and Salido cheated. Is what it is and are all fact based comments.

I feel people want to punish his boldness but I prefer to give credit to a guy that's tried to do stuff nobody else did.

Comment

• There is no argument about this topic, the guy has a loss on his record and he has fought no one, he might not even be in Top 10, pick on someone your own size chump!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X