Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeauxs Left Hand Bruised, Not Broken, in Lomachenko Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Don't know where you're going with this as even fighters with broken hands will throw them occasionally. Ward beat Froch with a hand broken in 2 places.

No offense, but you're getting a bit too "fanboy" and looking at everything from the angle of "how can I praise Loma?". All I was saying is that anyone who thinks a bruise on the knuckle is the same and when you bruise your shin is mistaken. Knuckle bruises can be every bit as painful. I couldn't train all of last spring because of a knuckle bruise.

You come at me with some "psychological scars realizing you're not at the level of this master boxer."
    lol, ok bro. I was just explaining knuckle bruises.
    I am no boxer and correct me if I am wrong but training is not the same as being in the actual fight. There is Adrenalin running through your veins and all types of physiological processes that help fighters deal with pain. Once the fight is over that is usually when you start feeling the pain.

Comment

You already boring as **** and now you quit in the biggest fight of your life?

Lol goodluck getting back on TV.

Comment

Who is he kidding? Of course he could have continued, but got scared of getting KTFO.

Comment

Lame how Rigo quit it's been plenty of fighters who were hurt way worse and still continued Hekk lower level fighters like Robert the ghost got knocked down five times in his fight and got up. Andre Berto dislocated his shoulder and those guys aren't even top dogs and they showed heart. That fight was weird from beginning to end from Loma expressing concern about Rigo five minutes before the fight to a ref. To Rigo looking lousy and lost from the opening bell. Rigo kept his head down most of the fight like he was looking for spare change to get a snack from the vending machine. Then he kept trying to hug Lomachenko like he just found his long lost brother!! The whole time I'm watching I'm thinking WTH hell is Rigo doing. Lomachenko it is good to have Rigo on his resume and he showed up and preformed its not his fault Rigo gave up (well it is but you know). The fact that Rigo is 37 and only fought three rounds in two years and moved up eight pounds at his old age I don't think it's all that great. He had speed, power, age advantage and he was bigger than Rigo. Plus Loma is in his prime and Rigo is past his prime. He's talented for sure no denying that and he still deserves to be top 3 or 4 p4p until proven otherwise.

Comment

I just want to point out that before the fight all you people who hate Loma were saying Rigo was too strong and too skilled and would knock Loma out but Loma completely domimated and outclassed him and made Rigo quit and after the fight you guys are saying Rigo was too small and too old, you cant say Rigo would win and then not give credit after to Loma because he beat him bad and made it look easy, now people are saying he needs to beat Mikey Garcia and all these other fighters to really prove himself its craziness hes on a 4 fight streak of making his opponents quit and 2 of them were walters and Rigo, if you guys cant see that Loma is one of the top 2 or so fighters in the sport your smoking crack

Comment

If Rigo was actually winning the fight and dominating Loma and then suddenly quit, the injury report is no doubt believable, but the way the fight turned out and he suddenly quit, that makes it harder for the viewers to believe him, even if what he is saying is actually true.

Comment

Not a good look, getting worst by the day for rigondeux.

Comment

We already knew this

Comment

As soon as word broke that Rigo had been "hurt", everyone with a shred of common sense could see this coming.

Rigo wanted something to take the heat off him quitting, but this just makes it even worse. Clutching desperately for excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by wlad1111 View Post
                      I am no boxer and correct me if I am wrong but training is not the same as being in the actual fight. There is Adrenalin running through your veins and all types of physiological processes that help fighters deal with pain. Once the fight is over that is usually when you start feeling the pain.
                      If you're implying that a boxer doesn't feel pain in a fight because of adrenaline, you're way off. Adrenaline starts you out with a boost but will only gets you so far and it rarely lasts a boxer the whole fight. A good boxer wants to keep adrenaline down, as it causes your senses to be off, and ruins coordination. A steady nerved fighter performs better.

Anyhow, my point was simply that, if it was a bruised knuckle, that is a joint/tendon condition that can be as painful as a break.

To reiterate for the 5 millionth time, I don't think either condition excuses what he did. Ward and Calzaghe took care of business with broken hands.
                      Last edited by Redd Foxx; 12-12-2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X