Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeauxs Left Hand Bruised, Not Broken, in Lomachenko Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    When someone loses unbeaten record they always make excuses
    They make excuses every time regardless. Not only unbeaten fighters.

Comment

WTF? Bruised?? Calzaghe and Mayweather have both fought numerous fights with broken hands, and plenty of people on here say they weren't brave fighters. What does that make Rigo?

Comment

I've watched the second round a few times now and still haven't seen exactly when and where the injury occurred. I've broken my left hand before, and also have bruised my knuckles numerous times on both hands as a youngster,...we won't go into the particulars,...but in either case, I found it very painful to even move my fingers or clinch my fists at all. Yet after the fight Rigo was clearly moving his fingers with relative ease. Call it one of those Arsenio Hall "things that make you go Hmmmmmm" moments I guess.

Comment

Rigo hasnt lost since 2003 amateur or pro...he showed no respect to that unbeaten record when he quit vs loma

It seemed as though his trainer gave him the out to quit which is disgraceful imo

Theres no way rigo tried everythin

He was standing there to make loma miss and be in positio to counter but loma was too quick and wouldnt be there for the counter.

He should have tried leading and throwing more punches. Or moving around the ring and try and set a trap that way

I thought rigo was stronger mentally going into the fight and that turned out to be waaaaay off reality

Comment

Originally posted by Reverb View Post
            More BS posts from people who will never, across their entire llife, achieve a fraction of what Rigondieux has previously done.
            Make yourselves feel an imaginary step better. Suck it up, suck up the idea of what you wish you could achieve, to make yourselves feel better. We're all watching.
            Already most people mispronounce his name Rigondiao instead of Rigondoh, but at least spell it properly.

It’s spelled Rigondeaux, and pronounced Rigondoh. At least accomplish that...

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
              Already most people mispronounce his name Rigondiao instead of Rigondoh, but at least spell it properly.

It’s spelled Rigondeaux, and pronounced Rigondoh. At least accomplish that...

Actually, he himself pronounces it “Ree-gon-deeow.” I was always under the impression it’s properly pronounced the way you just explained, as it’s clearly a French surname, and would normally be pronounced “Ree-gon-doe.”

Comment

rigo is a gutless sack of **** as are many boxers today no guts at all fighters of even recent eras were a tougher breed no dought look no further than the mighty warrior jeff fenech he broke his hands often in fights both in one fight I recall watching him take his gloves off afterwards he was in agony now that's a FIGHTER.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  Rigo hasnt lost since 2003 amateur or pro...he showed no respect to that unbeaten record when he quit vs loma

It seemed as though his trainer gave him the out to quit which is disgraceful imo

Theres no way rigo tried everythin

He was standing there to make loma miss and be in positio to counter but loma was too quick and wouldnt be there for the counter.

He should have tried leading and throwing more punches. Or moving around the ring and try and set a trap that way

I thought rigo was stronger mentally going into the fight and that turned out to be waaaaay off reality
                  That was a point a friend and I were discussing today. Diaz seemed a bit quick to allow our boy to quit. I would’ve been doing a Teddy Atlas in the corner like, “You crazy?! You know what this means?!” Lol

Anyway, I was quite hard on Rigo immediately following the fight, but I soon softened. No one will suffer this decision like he will. He made a mistake he’ll have to live with for the rest of his life, not me. Anyone who can’t eventually be sympathetic to that isn’t someone I care to know. But for the sake of discussion, I felt Rigo simply quit, and I believe this “news” is evidence of that.

The history of boxing is littered with the heroic feats of courageous men. Someone mentioned earlier a short list of examples. Rigo was barely touched, mainly because he grabbed every chance he got. I think his career is over. Sucks it had to end this way. At least Duran got a chance to fight on for a while, and found a measure of redemption.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
                    He needs to beat Garcia or Robert easter to be incuded in p4p 1
                    Really? Not GGG or AJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Reverb View Post
                      More BS posts from people who will never, across their entire llife, achieve a fraction of what Rigondieux has previously done.
                      Make yourselves feel an imaginary step better. Suck it up, suck up the idea of what you wish you could achieve, to make yourselves feel better. We're all watching.
                      I don’t think posters are being critical of a Rigo in order to make themselves feel better. I think people were expecting an amazing fight between two P4P top 10s and were very disappointed with Rigo giving up. I hope he finds a way back into the business and gets some big pay days but it’s possible that we may never see him in a big fight again (I hope we do because I for one appreciate his amazing talent).

Comment

Working...
                      X