• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
    BostonGuy can we get rid of this meth head yet or what lol
    You better believe it

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      The attendance for Wilder-Stiverne 2 was 10,924. 4K more than Jacobs-Arias even though neither Wilder or Stiverne are from NY.

This wasn't Arias's first appearance on HBO. He appeared on the HBO PPV undercard of Ward-Kovalev 2.

Everything you posted was a lie. Are you embarassed or just a limey f*ggot?
      Damn, lmao. Pigeons tko...!!!

Comment

Solid for his first show I think

Comment

I don't suppose those are bad numbers. Jacobs was never a popular guy to begin with and he's one of those fighters that needs a a dance partner to sell tickets.

Comment

Considering nobody knew who tf Arias was, I'd say it was a solid effort. You expecting GGG numbers against Arias? lol

Comment

For reference, Jacobs's last 2 NY headliners drew 19,939 vs. Golovkin and 8,442 vs. Quillin.

Eddie's got a long way to go.
              Arias is a bigger draw than GGG terrible numbers.

Obviously Wilder is the biggest draw in Boxing hence his abilityy to nearly sell out his hometown small arena. Never mind the fact that his fights in Brooklyn they give away free tickets.
              Last edited by chrisJS; 11-12-2017, 11:17 PM.

Comment

The attendance for Wilder-Stiverne 2 was 10,924. 4K more than Jacobs-Arias even though neither Wilder or Stiverne are from NY.

This wasn't Arias's first appearance on HBO. He appeared on the HBO PPV undercard of Ward-Kovalev 2.

Everything you posted was a lie. Are you embarassed or just a limey f*ggot?
                Yeah they sold 5k you midget. They were giving away free tickets.

Obviously I meant headlining, not on an undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  Hearn's gonna find out what happens when the big fish leaves the small pond. Your now in the ocean you essex rent boy, let's see Hearn try swimming with the sharks.
                  And BTW for anyone acting like this is some sort of success- Figueroa and Guerrero (two west coast Mexicans) fought in the very same arena and sold more tickets! Says it all.
                  I don't think it was a success in terms of attendance. However what is a success is HBO marketing Jacobs etc...
                  Jacob's name is mentioned with Canelo and GGG in terms of a next fight or the winner of Limieux vs Saunders.

That's a good step.

Hearn himself even said everything feels new again like when he started in Britain and he made mistakes but learned from them. Hearn is already looking for offices in the US and plans to send 6 or so Matchroom staff there...

It's very much the beginning, and to think that none of the staff even are in the US as such means things will get better.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Yeah they sold 5k you midget. They were giving away free tickets.

Obviously I meant headlining, not on an undercard.
                    Right. And all 6,921 to this card were bought and paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
                      I don't think it was a success in terms of attendance. However what is a success is HBO marketing Jacobs etc...
                      Jacob's name is mentioned with Canelo and GGG in terms of a next fight or the winner of Limieux vs Saunders.

That's a good step.

Hearn himself even said everything feels new again like when he started in Britain and he made mistakes but learned from them. Hearn is already looking for offices in the US and plans to send 6 or so Matchroom staff there...

It's very much the beginning, and to think that none of the staff even are in the US as such means things will get better.
                      Your right It's good for Jacobs, but Hearn will have NO impact on U.S boxing, I guarantee it, everyone who knows the business, knows Eddie lucked in to his position at Sky. If you speak to REAL boxing men in the UK like Steve Goodwin, Denis Hobson etc they'll tell you exactly what Hearn is.
                      Hearn is just a mouthpiece, he doesn't really know boxing, he just knows how to exploit the UK market, it's a completely different market in the US.
                      I hate this notion that Hearn is some sort of great boxing mind, the first fight he promoted was Haye-Harrison FFS. Hearn's only real quality is he's a very good ticket seller. But those numbers last night shows he's only a good ticket seller in the UK, this car salesman BS won't wash in the U.S.

Comment

Working...
                      X