Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn's first U.S. card drew 6,921 in attendance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty solid for Nassau Coliseum I believe. I think it would've done 9k in Barclays.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Heraniac alert!!!
      I'd certainly back against him. I'd put my house on it. He's all talk. Who exactly is he gonna sign to take over in America? Jacobs ain't no ticket seller, Miller and Seldin are nobodies. He'll get chewed up and spat out!
      He only has 4 dates at the minimum next year. He can have Jacobs fighting 3 times, get Miller on a card, get Joshua over, and fill out the cards with U.K fighters. It's about slowly building. But you can't judge until he has actually set up base in the U.S and has a team working there at least.

It won't be until 2019 and getting more dates that he will start signing more American fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
        He only has 4 dates at the minimum next year. He can have Jacobs fighting 3 times, get Miller on a card, get Joshua over, and fill out the cards with U.K fighters. It's about slowly building. But you can't judge until he has actually set up base in the U.S and has a team working there at least.

It won't be until 2019 and getting more dates that he will start signing more American fighters.
        Jacobs ain't gonna do no big business in the U.S, no one gives a **** about Miller and AJ's signed to Showtime so he won't be able to fight on these HBO cards unless that changes. And what UK fighters can he bring over, his stable is the worst it's been in years. Who's he gonna bring over Quigg? Crolla? Brook? Bellew? No one gives a **** about these guys across the pond. Hearn's a minnow compared to the sharks like Haymon and Arum.

Comment

Jacobs ain't gonna do no big business in the U.S, no one gives a **** about Miller and AJ's signed to Showtime so he won't be able to fight on these HBO cards unless that changes. And what UK fighters can he bring over, his stable is the worst it's been in years. Who's he gonna bring over Quigg? Crolla? Brook? Bellew? No one gives a **** about these guys across the pond. Hearn's a minnow compared to the sharks like Haymon and Arum.
          Well I think BJS or Lemioux at Barclays would do alright for a start, already being talked about.

AJ's Showtime contract ran out in his last fight, and Hearn is not exclusive to HBO, he can do a card on Showtime if he desires. Either way he is in a good position having one of the biggest boxers in the world, facing huge fights, with no US broadcaster tied to him.

He has many up and coming fighters he can put on undercards and would make good fights, doesn't matter if they are not big names, any U.K vs U.S fight, even on the lower levels, sells a fight and can be used to promote the shows. It promotes fighters on both side of the pond as well. Any fighters struggling for fights can get on a U.S card, Kal Yafia in the super flyweight division for example has big fights in the U.S next year any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post

He needs to play a bit of 'Sweet Caroline' next time. Get that party started.
            Playing "Sweet Caroline" is going to get him run out of the building here in America.

That's such a random song to go crazy over. The corny things that work over there simply don't work here.

We are too jaded.

Comment

not that bad since me as a boxing fan didnt really care about this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

For reference, Jacobs's last 2 NY headliners drew 19,939 vs. Golovkin and 8,442 vs. Quillin.

Eddie's got a long way to go.
                Jacobs was fighting nobody, that's why he sold so bad. And Jacobs is not a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                  Well I think BJS or Lemioux at Barclays would do alright for a start, already being talked about.

AJ's Showtime contract ran out in his last fight, and Hearn is not exclusive to HBO, he can do a card on Showtime if he desires. Either way he is in a good position having one of the biggest boxers in the world, facing huge fights, with no US broadcaster tied to him.

He has many up and coming fighters he can put on undercards and would make good fights, doesn't matter if they are not big names, any U.K vs U.S fight, even on the lower levels, sells a fight and can be used to promote the shows. It promotes fighters on both side of the pond as well. Any fighters struggling for fights can get on a U.S card, Kal Yafia in the super flyweight division for example has big fights in the U.S next year any way.
                  Hearn has no chance of making BJS-Jacobs in the US. And if Lemieux was to win it'd be De La Hoya promoting Lemieux-Jacobs. Not Hearn.
                  Hearn doesn't seem have a clue about good matchmaking but he ain't stupid business wise. He's not just gonna pay huge purses so Jacobs can attract guys like BJS and Lemieux, just so he can get a small network fee of HBO and 6K tickets sold. Jacobs ain't a draw there's no money in him in the U.S. The fact that Hearn is basing this US venture around Jacobs is laughable.
                  Hearn isn't exclusive to HBO, but no other U.S network are gonna take him on, there's not enough dates for Haymon alone on Sho, and Arum has an exclusive deal on ESPN. Hearn's just another one of these second rate promoters that HBO have picked up because they don't have the budget to cater for the the top promoters like Arum etc.
                  He has many up and coming fighters, really? Like who? Kelly, maybe Cordina and Buatsi are the only two who are gonna be capable of having any sort of impact at world level. Guys like Fowler and especially Okollie are nothing. And don't even get me started on the likes of Conor Benn😂😂😂 Nobody is gonna want to watch any of these guys in the US.
                  Yafai, fair enough there are some good fights for him at 115, but is he really gonna win any of them? Guys like Inoue and SSR eat this guy alive, if Roman just has half of what he once did, I'd still pick him to beat Yafai. And on top of this virtually no one cares about Yafai in the US, he ain't even a draw in the UK.
                  The only major assett Hearn has is AJ, but even he isn't a draw in the U.S, does he have potential to draw in the US, probably, but to do so he'll need to have a major fight that will draw numbers in the U.S. The only fight that will do this is the Wilder fight. And we all know Hearn doesn't want to make that!
                  At the end of the day Hearn is nothing in US boxing, and putting on 4 mediocre cards a year ain't gonna change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                    Erick lost to a couple of good fighters from Reading, Tamuka Mucha and Asinia Byfield. Good tough jouneyman. Lotta respect for a guy like Ochieng

Looking at Brec, he has had four losses in a row preceeded by a draw. Is he coming to the end now or just a tough run (noticed they were all for Area or domestic belts)?
                    Well, I am not sure he's fighting anytime soon. He's got a youtube channel LOL. He's also willing to train people to box for 10 quid per person.

I was at the Byfield fight. I didn't know who he was until recently! Byfield isn't too bad tbh

Comment

Hearn very rarely puts on good shows and essentially NEVER puts on real 50/50 fights, his cards are filled with olympians fighting journeymen most of the time😂😂 look at that last AJ card, there wasn't even one 50/50 fight.
                      Hearn's a joker can't wait to see him chewed up and spat out.
                      That's true but he does put people in good fights unlike Warren who often protects more.

AJ VS Pulev I was interested in seeing TBH

Comment

Working...
                      X