No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder vs Anthony Joshua Breakdown & Prediction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
    Idc about how Wilder moves to be honest with you. Being sloppy and uncoordinated will always end up catching up to you. "Styles Make fights?" Exactly how does Wilder's style pose a threat to Wilder? When it comes to handpick opponents for both you may be right, but that doesn't change the fact that Joshua has fought better fighters compared to Wilder. Like I said, it is not Wilder's fault that he didn't get the chance to fight Povertkin and Stiverne but I am not giving him credit for fights that didn't happen.
    I explained it man. He moves around the ring much faster than Joshua. When has Joshua been in the ring with someone who moves like that?

Look I'm not saying it's an easy fight for Wilder or anything like that. Joshua is still a top, top heavyweight. I think Joshua would beat plenty of guys who would beat Wilder. I just think it's a really bad match up for him, style wise.

Comment

Originally posted by keith_head View Post
      I don't find that hard to believe at all. The guy has 53 KOs on his resume and one of the best straight rights ever.
      Punching power is just so difficult to measure tbh. Sometimes I think Hearns hit harder than Jackson but then there are sometimes I think Tyson hit harder than shavers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
        Crap breakdown. Wilder is longer and faster.
        So was Hearns against Hagler.

Comment

So was Hearns against Hagler.
          Hagler had the footspeed to keep up with Hearns. Joshua's feet are slow, especially at his current weight.

Comment

Punching power is just so difficult to measure tbh. Sometimes I think Hearns hit harder than Jackson but then there are sometimes I think Tyson hit harder than shavers.
            I just tend to think a perfectly delivered straight right is a more concussive punch than a hook or an uppercut.

Comment

Originally posted by keith_head View Post
              Hagler had the footspeed to keep up with Hearns. Joshua's feet are slow, especially at his current weight.
              Hearns was head and shoulders above Wilder when it came to skill

Comment

For me its simple, Wilder stops Joshua... The only way i see Joshua winning is if Wilder gets to emotional and goes wide/wild once he has you hurt. Swinging all the way down from the floor in the most telegraph way i have ever seen from a HW boxer. If he gets too emotional then AJ takes him out, we all know AJ is calm in the ring.

Comment

Wilder swing wide and wild. Joshua will counter him and knock him down. Joshua is not going to be stupid and just let Wilder T off on him. That's the part that you are missing.
                  I'm picking Joshua to win but if he gets hurt Wilder won't let him recover.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    I'm picking Joshua to win but if he gets hurt Wilder won't let him recover.
                    Joshua has a very good ring iq. Trust me, he will either wrap his arms around Wilder or counter him when he starts swinging wild. Wilder hasn't fought anyone who has a strong ring iq.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      For me its simple, Wilder stops Joshua... The only way i see Joshua winning is if Wilder gets to emotional and goes wide/wild once he has you hurt. Swinging all the way down from the floor in the most telegraph way i have ever seen from a HW boxer. If he gets too emotional then AJ takes him out, we all know AJ is calm in the ring.
                      I disagree. Joshua could easily outbox Wilder since he is the better inside and outside fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X