Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will boxers eventually have skull crushing power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
    Will come a point when men fight robots, biggest sport in the world. Then robots fighting robots will become the big sport. Then we realise weve ****ed up by making super robots for entertainment. Then we get destroyed.
    I like it, but I'm still riding with my VR boxing league being a reality.

The VR thing is gonna be bigger than the robot thing for our entertainment dollar I'd bet. At least in the nearer future. And destroying robots is lighting money on fire. With VR everything is "pretend" damage.

Comment

It's not just athletes capable of this my opinion, adrenaline plays a big part of it and anger. I've been having a nightmare with a pair of degenerate neighbours. But my missus won't let me confront them and recently when she was out I'd had enough and straight punched combo's my metal fridgefreezer door repeatedly for over ten seconds at least, the dents I have left in it I'm certain would of dented skull. I'm not the biggest of blokes but I get snap of my punches combined with anger I get it can get a bit hectic sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I like it, but I'm still riding with my VR boxing league being a reality.

The VR thing is gonna be bigger than the robot thing for our entertainment dollar I'd bet. At least in the nearer future. And destroying robots is lighting money on fire. With VR everything is "pretend" damage.
        I see whats going on here. You want a 90s vision of the future, and Im stuck way back in the 80s vision of the future.

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
          It's not just athletes capable of this my opinion, adrenaline plays a big part of it and anger. I've been having a nightmare with a pair of degenerate neighbours. But my missus won't let me confront them and recently when she was out I'd had enough and straight punched combo's my metal fridgefreezer door repeatedly for over ten seconds at least, the dents I have left in it I'm certain would of dented skull. I'm not the biggest of blokes but I get snap of my punches combined with anger I get it can get a bit hectic sometimes.
          Green K! Outstanding Sir.

I don't know why this post cracked me up but it did. A man trying to bang out his fucking fridge-freezer.

Don't think the warranty covers that fella!

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
            You're wrong on all accounts. The game is played differently in the NFL, and that is all.

Joe Louis would love to fight the guys today instead of the guys of yesteryear.
            I think you're wrong. The point is that athletes are getting more athletic and stronger.

Both games are physical with risk of CTE. Joe louis would get murked by wlad and AJ as he was undersized.

if JOe louis had today training methods and supplements he would be a freak BUT A CRUISERWEIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              Gloves are there to protect their hands more than anything, it obviously has an effect but it doesn't affect punching power as much as most people believe.
              True that's why bareknuckle is more boring.Cant throw combos they need to pick their shots a lot more careful(hitting head or elbows)

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
                Tell me more about these neighbors?

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                  The robot fighting robot is interesting. Although I;m not sure it wold have the appeal as I think a lot of people are attracted to the human element behind boxing.

Like "this dude is just a man and KO"S other men like none other"
                  Yea I cant see ever getting to robots. But with this PCworld we live in and all this trying to protect us from ourselves bs.I could see it one day.When I went to Ireland they thought that was really weird(protecting us from ourselves)like the seat belt law.Try and think of another law where their is not ANY VICTIM.

Comment

Tell me more about these neighbors?
                    I'm sorry and I don't know you but unless your very big and hit like Foreman there is no way in hell you could dent a skull with your punch.I doubt Foreman could and have you ever seen his hands!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think you're wrong. The point is that athletes are getting more athletic and stronger.

Both games are physical with risk of CTE. Joe louis would get murked by wlad and AJ as he was undersized.

if JOe louis had today training methods and supplements he would be a freak BUT A CRUISERWEIGHT
                      yup..............

Comment

Working...
                      X