Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will boxers eventually have skull crushing power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will boxers eventually have skull crushing power?

Athletes have gotten bigger and stronger, faster in boxing.

Will they eventually max out and make the sport entirely to dangerous?

Due to head injuries

It already kinda happened/happening in the NFL right now . I think people hit twice as hard as in the 80's and they bigger and faster.

Teams have to have like 3 running backs now...we're seeing NFL teams having to pull from practice squads like none other.

We have the ability to outpace a sport

They already do. You seen Margarito?

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post

Due to head injuries

It already kinda happened/happening in the NFL right now . I think people hit twice as hard as in the 80's and they bigger and faster.

Teams have to have like 3 running backs now...we're seeing NFL teams having to pull from practice squads like none other.

The only prob with comparing it to football is boxing has weight classes.Now I know that with day-before weighins have allowed 160pders that's say to be bigger then middles of early times but not like diff between LB in football in 80s to a LB of today.It really is only the heavyweights that it really comes into play.As far as crushing skulls I think we have a little time before we have to worry about that imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
        They already do. You seen Margarito?
        Nice one lol. Good old plaster of paris been workin since Dempsey vs Willard.

Comment

Will come a point when men fight robots, biggest sport in the world. Then robots fighting robots will become the big sport. Then we realise weve ****ed up by making super robots for entertainment. Then we get destroyed.

Comment

Boxers already have skull crushing power.That's why they use gloves

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post

Due to head injuries

You're wrong on all accounts. The game is played differently in the NFL, and that is all.

Joe Louis would love to fight the guys today instead of the guys of yesteryear.

Comment

MVP put a hole in a MMA guys skull awhile back. Mfers capable of it now.

Idk that it'll become a normal thing doe. And if it does VR Boxing will become even sooner than I'm speculating it will.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  Will come a point when men fight robots, biggest sport in the world. Then robots fighting robots will become the big sport. Then we realise weve ****ed up by making super robots for entertainment. Then we get destroyed.
                  That's fuuny but with AI getting so much better.There are some really smart guys who act think this might happen!!!!(don't ask me to explain this one anyone because science is not my gig.)

Comment

Originally posted by 123tommy View Post
                    Boxers already have skull crushing power.That's why they use gloves
                    Gloves are there to protect their hands more than anything, it obviously has an effect but it doesn't affect punching power as much as most people believe.

Comment

Working...
                    X