Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will boxers eventually have skull crushing power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a train boxer could punch a average joe? They would probably inflict injuries on these people, that you see from car accidents! (Apologies for anybody who has been involved in a car accident!)...

You have to take into account, that professional boxers at elite level? Probably have a really really high bone density compared to normal people! And this high bone density, counter-acts he effects of serious punching power sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
      If a train boxer could punch a average joe? They would probably inflict injuries on these people, that you see from car accidents! (Apologies for anybody who has been involved in a car accident!)...

You have to take into account, that professional boxers at elite level? Probably have a really really high bone density compared to normal people! And this high bone density, counter-acts he effects of serious punching power sometimes.
      Good point. But I think with enough force even the mighty chinned can get hurte

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        Good point. But I think with enough force even the mighty chinned can get hurte
        Well Mike Tyson used to break peoples orbital bones, and fantasied about punching somebodies nose through their skull! (And I am not sure whether you have seen the Cinderella man? there have been fighters who can inflict serious damage in the past etc)...

Comment

Rocky Marciano still hit harder than any modern heavyweight....and Marciano was essentially a Light Heavyweight/Cruiserweight.

Comment

Cmon you don't believe that.The Rock was my fav when I was like 6-7 till like 13 but no way at 185 could you REALLY think hits hardest.I would love to see his fist up next to Foremans or really any heavy from 70s on.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
              Cmon you don't believe that.The Rock was my fav when I was like 6-7 till like 13 but no way at 185 could you REALLY think hits hardest.I would love to see his fist up next to Foremans or really any heavy from 70s on.
              If he could cut to cruiser in today's game he'd prob be a beast

Comment

I don't think so. Boxing has always been a dangerous sport with some big punchers and we have some very hard punchers today. I am not sure they hit harder than the best punchers of the past. Do Wilder and AJ punch harder than Sonny Liston, Joe Louis, Foreman or Tyson? Are any light heavyweights hitting harder than Bob Foster or Archie Moore? You can even go back 100 years or more and find PFP great punchers like Ketchel, Armstrong, Bob Fitzsimmons and Sam Langford. Some of those old time middleweights knocked out heavyweights like it was nothing. They had their share of injuries and deaths in boxing back then too. Ray Robinson killed a man in the ring as did Ezzard Charles. The danger has always been there.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                  If he could cut to cruiser in today's game he'd prob be a beast
                  He would have to BULK UP to make cruiser.If he could cut to 175 then he would be beast imo,Rock fought about 185.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
                    Rocky Marciano still hit harder than any modern heavyweight....and Marciano was essentially a Light Heavyweight/Cruiserweight.
                    Peds weren't in use back then either.

Comment

No they will just start wearing bigger gloves

Comment

Working...
                      X