Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will boxers eventually have skull crushing power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
    Great call. Dude was a freak of nature.
    That's true only nikolai valuev comes close to the neanderthal in terms of appearance

Comment

Bareknuckle I could dislocate the vertabrae in your neck.

Even with gloves I gave a man seizures.

Please pray for Bermane on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        I think you're wrong. The point is that athletes are getting more athletic and stronger.

Both games are physical with risk of CTE. Joe louis would get murked by wlad and AJ as he was undersized.

if JOe louis had today training methods and supplements he would be a freak BUT A CRUISERWEIGHT
        People just don't understand era's. It's a very difficult thing to explain it seems. Joe Louis has the longest Heavyweight Title reign in the history of the sport. He was a devastating puncher. How much did Rocky weigh? You think he'd lose to any of these guys? These are all-time greats. They beat guys much heavier than them often. If they grew up in today's era, fighting the guys with today's styles... but had the old school mentality (not as soft) they'd murder them all. Especially with how little guys fight these days.

Emmanuel Steward explained it very simply. He said that athletes and fighters of today are much more advanced technically, but the men of long ago were very hard men. That's the difference.

Corey Sanders knocked out Vlad... So did Laymon Brewster... Are you telling me that Joe loses to those guys too?

Ray Robinson beats anybody from 147-168 in 2017. And Armstrong anybody from 147 and below.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
          I highly doubt that. Joe Louis sat between 195 and 215lbs in his career, regularly fighting sub-200lb guys. He'd be giving away a ridiculous amount of weight and power against fighters today - and he'd get killed.

Give him 10 years of modern training and nutrition, and he'd probably compete.

Jet back to the 40's and ask an elite athlete if they know anyhting about hypertrophy, and they'd look at you like you're a ****ing alien.
          See my previous post. Ray would starch anybody from 147-168 today. Henry from 147 and below.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
            Bareknuckle I could dislocate the vertabrae in your neck.

Even with gloves I gave a man seizures.

Please pray for Bermane on Saturday.
            I'll join the prayers for bermane & his forehead. its large enough to be classed as a separate entity.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              Athletes have gotten bigger and stronger, faster in boxing.

Will they eventually max out and make the sport entirely to dangerous?

Due to head injuries

It already kinda happened/happening in the NFL right now . I think people hit twice as hard as in the 80's and they bigger and faster.

Teams have to have like 3 running backs now...we're seeing NFL teams having to pull from practice squads like none other.

We have the ability to outpace a sport
              I have broken my hands hitting and knocking out fools.skull krushing power breaks hands. I'm an older man...soon my woman will have to wipe my azz, winter hurts my hands and face...boxing is so Un natural..

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                People just don't understand era's. It's a very difficult thing to explain it seems. Joe Louis has the longest Heavyweight Title reign in the history of the sport. He was a devastating puncher. How much did Rocky weigh? You think he'd lose to any of these guys? These are all-time greats. They beat guys much heavier than them often. If they grew up in today's era, fighting the guys with today's styles... but had the old school mentality (not as soft) they'd murder them all. Especially with how little guys fight these days.

Emmanuel Steward explained it very simply. He said that athletes and fighters of today are much more advanced technically, but the men of long ago were very hard men. That's the difference.

Corey Sanders knocked out Vlad... So did Laymon Brewster... Are you telling me that Joe loses to those guys too?

Ray Robinson beats anybody from 147-168 in 2017. And Armstrong anybody from 147 and below.
                I agree with you on the lighter weight fighters but Joe Louis could not beat the heavys of today.But you cant really compare them like that imo.If louis(who was a bigger or at least a nat heavy in his time)was say 6-4 and 230-235 he would KILL all the heavys from today.But at 6-0 190 he could not compete with any top heavy even top 15 or so imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  I have broken my hands hitting and knocking out fools.skull krushing power breaks hands. I'm an older man...soon my woman will have to wipe my azz, winter hurts my hands and face...boxing is so Un natural..
                  Ilove your last part about boxing(or hitting and esp getting hit is a unnatural act.People that have never boxed(or at least been in a lot of street fights)will never quite understand that.Its why guys who start late have such a tough time with it.I remember my 1st coach used to say "ya have to get um young before they develop the NAT FEAR of getting hit.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                    Ilove your last part about boxing(or hitting and esp getting hit is a unnatural act.People that have never boxed(or at least been in a lot of street fights)will never quite understand that.Its why guys who start late have such a tough time with it.I remember my 1st coach used to say "ya have to get um young before they develop the NAT FEAR of getting hit.
                    I was a ten year old sissy...my dad blamed my momma for making me a sissy. At 10, I laced them up, got whipped several times..when I finally realized, "I did not die!" Then it began, knocking fools out was fun ..8 years after...I sought out victims..

Now, 25 years later, I dress up like Dracula, hand out candy to kids on Halloween...

I only fear God

Comment

Working...
                    X