No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Lampley: Mayweather-McGregor a Scam, Rematch in Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    No they didn't dude. Please stop over exaggerating. We all know what the majority opinion was after the fight.
    yes. did you hear the reactions from the crowd after the fight?? did you hear the boo's between rounds? you're the one making stuff up to fit your agenda.

Comment

These have nothing to do with the point I made.
      so you're telling me you know floyd more? LOL. what you said is not facts, but your opinion only. you felt floyd was winning by a wide margin so there was no need to go for a ko. floyd sr, floyd's trainer felt different.

so was floyd vs conor a close fight up until the ko then?

Comment

• Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
        im not trying to spin anything. you're the one doing the spinning here. in between rounds when sr told floyd to turn it up, yall said its not because floyd was losing but because sr felt the judges would give the rounds to pac because of the crowd reaction in those rounds. and now you're telling me floyd cruised to a victory because he was way ahead and there was no need to go for a ko?

and what does going for a ko have anything to do with being reckless? you said manny had already stopped throwing and was just covering up LOL. you cant have it both ways dude.

i never said you have to win a fight by a ko, im asking you sicne you said pac gave up and stopped trying, so that would have it easier for floyd then right? but you keep trying to spin this saying floyd doesnt need to ko pac to win LOL. i never said he needed to do that to win.

so are you telling me floyd vs conor was a close fight up until the ko?? why did floyd push to ko conor, conor was gassed up already and floyd could have cruised to a victory right like in the manny fight right? LOL!!!!
        I literally can't understand this. I don't know who yall is. there has never been a time when I didn't say floyd cruised to victory.

I never said he was just covering, that is you interpreting my use of "defensive position".

If you think itw ould be easier for him to KO Manny once manny stopped fighting, fine with me. That opinion isn't going to dictate how someone fights.

I never said it was close up to the KO. He chose to go for the KO because he knew Conor was ready to go and because he probably sensed he needed a KO for credibility since he was in with a non boxer.

Comment

No they didn't dude. Please stop over exaggerating. We all know what the majority opinion was after the fight.
          how come they didnt boo manny for giving up and not trying?

Mayweather climbed up each corner and thumped his chest and pointed at the crowd that booed him throughout Saturday. “I know I won!” he shouted. Then he thumped his chest. Then they booed him. Thump. Boo. Thump. Boo. “I know I won!” he shouted once again.

The crowd booed and booed and booed. The crowd booed when the announcer proclaimed Mayweather the winner by unanimous decision, booed when broadcaster Jim Gray interviewed Mayweather in the ring, booed especially loudly when Mayweather turned his eyes toward history, and, more specifically, to his place in it. To the surprise of no one, he places himself at the top.

Comment

yes. did you hear the reactions from the crowd after the fight?? did you hear the boo's between rounds? you're the one making stuff up to fit your agenda.
            yes. yes. what does that have to do with my point?

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            so you're telling me you know floyd more? LOL. what you said is not facts, but your opinion only. you felt floyd was winning by a wide margin so there was no need to go for a ko. floyd sr, floyd's trainer felt different.

so was floyd vs conor a close fight up until the ko then?
            No, the fact is floyd was winning by a wide margin. Yes, it was my opinion. It was also the opinion of the broadcasters. the scorecards confirmed this opinion was correct.

Floyd sr. comment indicated he felt Floyd was ahead but wasn't sure how the judges would see it. That is a legitimate concern.

Good question. On the cards, it was close because Floyd didn't throw rounds 1-3 and gave those rounds away. He may have also lost the 8th legit.so I could see conor being close on the cards.

That said, most of us thought Floyd had complete control of the fight despite what we felt the scores were.

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            how come they didnt boo manny for giving up and not trying?

Mayweather climbed up each corner and thumped his chest and pointed at the crowd that booed him throughout Saturday. “I know I won!” he shouted. Then he thumped his chest. Then they booed him. Thump. Boo. Thump. Boo. “I know I won!” he shouted once again.

The crowd booed and booed and booed. The crowd booed when the announcer proclaimed Mayweather the winner by unanimous decision, booed when broadcaster Jim Gray interviewed Mayweather in the ring, booed especially loudly when Mayweather turned his eyes toward history, and, more specifically, to his place in it. To the surprise of no one, he places himself at the top.
            I don't know but IMO it was because the crowd was pro manny and was upset that Floyd won and Manny all but gave up.

Comment

• the first was a scam, so to make things better we are going to have a re scam?????

Comment

In other words, ok Dunn you answered my questions.

No...

this is funny....

the minute you get off this latest round of bulls**t, is the minute you'll start regaining a smidgeon of credibility...

Comment

everybody knows floyd ran and hugged all night vs pac, berto, even madonna...videos dedicated to it on youtube, but it takes a save-a-floyd like dunn to still try to spin it otherwise

Comment

• Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                    the first was a scam, so to make things better we are going to have a re scam?????
                    just in case you missed the first scam

Comment

I literally can't understand this. I don't know who yall is. there has never been a time when I didn't say floyd cruised to victory.

I never said he was just covering, that is you interpreting my use of "defensive position".

If you think itw ould be easier for him to KO Manny once manny stopped fighting, fine with me. That opinion isn't going to dictate how someone fights.

I never said it was close up to the KO. He chose to go for the KO because he knew Conor was ready to go and because he probably sensed he needed a KO for credibility since he was in with a non boxer.

1. "stopped throwing punches, kept in a defensive posture", so what's your definition for that? LOL!!

2. so you never said it was close for floyd/conor yet floyd chooses to turn it up even though he was winning, yet you said there was no need for floyd to turn it up in the manny fight (even tho pac gave up) because floyd was winning.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Because Manny stopped throwing punches and kept in a defensive posture except for flurries in round 4 and 9.

Comment

Working...
                      X