No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Lampley: Mayweather-McGregor a Scam, Rematch in Play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Because Manny stopped throwing punches and kept in a defensive posture except for flurries in round 4 and 9.

WHy would he need to try and stop him? He was up 3-1 after 4 and 7-2 after 9. WHy is it necessary for him to turn it up when he had already established a huge lead?

Why didn't Manny fight harder or try to win knowing he was down on the cards by such a wide margin?
    because in your words, manny stopped trying already. so it shouldnt be hard to stop someone who "gave up". dont try to twist this saying floyd was winning so there's no point to stop manny. did you hear what sr said between rounds? also floyd was winning against conor, why did floyd went all out and go for the kill with conor then? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmt View Post
      If this becomes a reality, I don't see how anyone could defend Floyd or remain a fan. It Is bad enough that he had any fans at all after fighting a guy making his boxing debut, but to fight him for a second time while admitting that his main objective Is to **** his fans for the most money possible. The proof Is obvious with the $100 price tag.

Floyd fans have to be feeling like one of his women. They continue getting beat yet keep coming back.
      The larrys will buy again they love to get butt ****

Comment

• Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
        so manny is a defensive wizard now?? i thought pac lacks defense or so the floyd fans say on here? so floyd didnt even try to break thru manny's guard?? why didnt floyd try to break thru manny's guard??

i mean that's what you and the floyd fans said when pac fans complain that all floyd did was run, yall said it was pac's job to hunt floyd down. you cant have it both ways my dude.

if manny didnt try then the fight would have been over. so floyd didnt even try to stop manny even thought pac gave up already? LOL
        Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
        because in your words, manny stopped trying already. so it shouldnt be hard to stop someone who "gave up". dont try to twist this saying floyd was winning so there's no point to stop manny. did you hear what sr said between rounds? also floyd was winning against conor, why did floyd went all out and go for the kill with conor then? LOL
        Yawn! You keep trying to spin something positive out of Manny's dreadful performance and you can't.

If you find fault with how he won or not KOing Manny, so be it.

Floyd won by a wide margin. He was ahead the whole fight.
        why didn't Floyd push to KO Manny? because he didn't need to.

You don't have to win a fight by KO. You don't get extra points for a KO win.

Of course I know why you keep asking-because had floyd fought looser and recklessly it would've given Manny a chance to land a lucky punch.

No more to discuss.

Comment

Yawn! You keep trying to spin something positive out of Manny's dreadful performance and you can't.

Of course I know why you keep asking-because had floyd fought looser and recklessly it would've given Manny a chance to land a lucky punch.

No more to discuss.
          im not trying to spin anything. you're the one doing the spinning here. in between rounds when sr told floyd to turn it up, yall said its not because floyd was losing but because sr felt the judges would give the rounds to pac because of the crowd reaction in those rounds. and now you're telling me floyd cruised to a victory because he was way ahead and there was no need to go for a ko?

and what does going for a ko have anything to do with being reckless? you said manny had already stopped throwing and was just covering up LOL. you cant have it both ways dude.

i never said you have to win a fight by a ko, im asking you sicne you said pac gave up and stopped trying, so that would have it easier for floyd then right? but you keep trying to spin this saying floyd doesnt need to ko pac to win LOL. i never said he needed to do that to win.

so are you telling me floyd vs conor was a close fight up until the ko?? why did floyd push to ko conor, conor was gassed up already and floyd could have cruised to a victory right like in the manny fight right? LOL!!!!

Comment

No more to discuss.

direct quotes from jr and sr.

“I told Floyd he needed to do a lot more because we know some judges are crooks,” the trainer said after the bout.

“It had an effect on him mentally and he thought the fight was close,” said Pretty Boy Floyd. “My dad was on my ass the whole time because every time [Pacquiao] threw a punch, even when he missed, the crowd would cheer.”

Comment

Yes, it was a cash grab. Most of us on this site agree it was so I don't know what the issue is.

That isn't what I said. I'm beginning to think you can't read.

I said the casual fan public perception was that he fought harder than both manny and canelo. That perception doesn't take into consideration floyd carried conor. which we, the real boxing fans, know.

As for the fights, Canelo and Manny stopped throwing punches. You can't pretend otherwise. Conor kept throwing, but again, this was in part because Floyd wasn't countering him as he would a seasoned pro.

No he wasn't. But of course you would say so because Manny fans need a negative narrative since Floyd so easily defeated him and the rest of his contemporaries.

That bothers you guys so much.
              this is funny....

the minute you get off this latest round of bulls**t, is the minute you'll start regaining a smidgeon of credibility...

Comment

Yes, it was a cash grab. Most of us on this site agree it was so I don't know what the issue is.

That isn't what I said. I'm beginning to think you can't read.

I said the casual fan public perception was that he fought harder than both manny and canelo. That perception doesn't take into consideration floyd carried conor. which we, the real boxing fans, know.

As for the fights, Canelo and Manny stopped throwing punches. You can't pretend otherwise. Conor kept throwing, but again, this was in part because Floyd wasn't countering him as he would a seasoned pro.

No he wasn't. But of course you would say so because Manny fans need a negative narrative since Floyd so easily defeated him and the rest of his contemporaries.

That bothers you guys so much.
                the casuals actually said floyd ran all night against pac. and that's why yall said they're casuals and not real boxing fans because they dont know jack!

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  this is funny....

the minute you get off this latest round of bulls**t, is the minute you'll start regaining a smidgeon of credibility...
                  In other words, ok Dunn you answered my questions.

Comment

the casuals actually said floyd ran all night against pac. and that's why yall said they're casuals and not real boxing fans because they dont know jack!
                    No they didn't dude. Please stop over exaggerating. We all know what the majority opinion was after the fight.

Comment

direct quotes from jr and sr.

“I told Floyd he needed to do a lot more because we know some judges are crooks,” the trainer said after the bout.

“It had an effect on him mentally and he thought the fight was close,” said Pretty Boy Floyd. “My dad was on my ass the whole time because every time [Pacquiao] threw a punch, even when he missed, the crowd would cheer.”
                      These have nothing to do with the point I made.

Comment

Working...
                      X