Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Crawford Must Be Relevant Welterweight Before We Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    This is how it should be. Let Crawford win a significant fight or two at WW before jumping to the head of the pack. Thurman will do a tune-up in Feb/Mar and then he likely has several not-so-easy options ahead of him in the second half of 2018 that include possible rematches with Porter or Garcia and a unification match with Spence. Don't expect Crawford to be in a big hurry to fight Spence either.
    Somebody gets it

Comment

Controversial statement. Given that he's a former champ of all major sanctioning bodies I'm sure he can secure a mandatory position after one fight at the weight which immediately makes him relevant.

I agree with what's being said in he thread though I remember when Thurman was on the come up he was willing to fight pretty much anyone now it's a bit different

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        Crawford p4p is the best fighter in the world..I doubt it bro..
        If you think Crawford would be favored against Spence then there's something other than boxing dynamics influencing that opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          What I don't understand about Thurman is, unlike Floyd who was getting $30 million before he even walked into the ring, Thurman hasn't headlined a PPV! If Thurman isn't careful, he'll be watching a big PPV event (Spence vs. Crawford) from the audience!
          Agreed, it's not llike Thurman is a major PPV star. He is the man at 147 and i think people like spence/crawford are giving him that respect, but they can easily change that if they fight other people, he would then be the one chasing them for a payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            If you think Crawford would be favored against Spence then there's something other than boxing dynamics influencing that opinion
            Not really,do you not give Crawford a very good shot to beat Spence??I do I think the odds on this fight will be close..

Comment

As a great poster I haven't seen in a while would say

"Ducking, ducking, ducking, ducking"

But in all seriousness I would be all for Thurman fighting Crawford now or after he beats someone at WW.

Comment

lol thurman is making a lot of excuses

Comment

i disagree...all these boys who have established themselves as the best guys should be getting it on at this time...

Comment

when someone as good as crawford goes up there is no need to establish himself,, one fight at 147 and then the champs is enough,, i can understand if crawford was just any fighter coming off a loss but hes not just any fighter,, sounds like excuses to me,, thirman should be fighting spence

Comment

Lisp Thurman starting to create a fictional world that he is king in..give em credit for barely eeking by the linebacker with swinging arms and w apparently snatching the soul out of swift as well..so the skill is there, but by no means is he in a position to say that about someone who is as talented as TC regardless of a practical weight jump...Thurman is becoming as sweet as the way he talks...why didn't he say the same about Garcia????think about it..cherry picking...spence is waiting...porter is waiting....TC..etc

Comment

Working...
                      X