Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Crawford Must Be Relevant Welterweight Before We Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Even when he went after Paulie M, this is the exact samething, that i always say when i hear a boxer complaining about people ducking them, once they get to the top, they too would do the exact same thing that they accuse others of doing to them coming up.
    What I don't understand about Thurman is, unlike Floyd who was getting $30 million before he even walked into the ring, Thurman hasn't headlined a PPV! If Thurman isn't careful, he'll be watching a big PPV event (Spence vs. Crawford) from the audience!

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      It's almost like he's got an excuse not to fight anyone who might come across as a threat. There's precedence for the top dog at a lower weight moving up and getting a shot throughout the history of the sport.
      Yep. I'm seeing a 'back door duck' too. Like you said, plenty of examples of first fight in new division and going for a belt in that division. And with someone as talented as Crawford, why wait anyway?

Comment

Then proceeds to fight someone less relevant

Comment

[QUOTE=JakeTheBoxer;18140241]You guys are discussing like you don`t know how this sport works. How many Haymon`s guys has Crawford fought?

Crawford doesn`t have many options...Maybe pacquiao, but this is wishful thinking also, maybe Horn, Ponomarev or Provodnikov or any other guy that is working with Arum.[QUOTE]

He just fought Eric Molina last year. I think we are coming to an end with being able to use promoters not working together as an excuse. I think they are learning they HAVE too. However Bob will milk what he can ofcourse

Comment

he just got back guys let him fight a warm up then start the ducking conversations, its like every boxing fan is looking for an opening to bash a fighter or call him a duck, fights don't just happen in interviews there is actual business that has to happen. these fights will come, crawfords fist fight at 147 will not be against Thurman.

Comment

If he's not fighting spence next, he should take the crawford fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                I doubt Thurman or Spence would be fav over Crawford..
                Thurman? Maybe
                Spence? Absolutely

Comment

All these guys start out the same way, they beg for shots that they will fight anyone and then when they get to that spot they start telling others they need to become relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    Thurman? Maybe
                    Spence? Absolutely
                    Crawford p4p is the best fighter in the world..I doubt it bro..

Comment

This is how it should be. Let Crawford win a significant fight or two at WW before jumping to the head of the pack. Thurman will do a tune-up in Feb/Mar and then he likely has several not-so-easy options ahead of him in the second half of 2018 that include possible rematches with Porter or Garcia and a unification match with Spence. Don't expect Crawford to be in a big hurry to fight Spence either.

Comment

Working...
                      X