Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Crawford Must Be Relevant Welterweight Before We Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thurman: Crawford Must Be Relevant Welterweight Before We Fight

NEW YORK Keith Thurman respects everything Terence Crawford has accomplished within the lightweight and junior welterweight divisions. To fight him, however, the unbeaten WBA/WBC welterweight champion claims Crawford must first become "relevant" within the 147-pound division. Crawford, the undisputed 140-pound champion, could move up to welterweight and perhaps secure a shot at WBO 147-pound champion Jeff Horn.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I didn't read the article but what a ***** statement by Thurman. Crawford unified the super lightweight division. Having the WBC and WBA Champion at his weight deserves him the right to fight the WBC and WBA welterweight champion. I think Crawford is more know than Spence. If I was Thurman I would rather face Crawford. He brings in more money and less risk than Spence.
    Though Thurman has many options
    Garcia, Porter, and Spence.

Comment

Thurman is right. Crawford beat Smallboa and a whole bunch of bozos at 140. Thurman beats him anyway.

Comment

Turdman is a cupcake. Wants no parts of Bud or Spence lol.

Comment

I like Thurman but put a mic in front of him and he starts talking like a baptist preacher telling you super slow story. This mofo might just have a future in politics with that slow, tune me out way of speaking he has. Two sentences in and he's confused the shh out of you with the point he's trying to make. Go back and listen to him talking during the fights this past weekend, he danced around the topic of fighting spence like a mothafka.

Comment

It's almost like he's got an excuse not to fight anyone who might come across as a threat. There's precedence for the top dog at a lower weight moving up and getting a shot throughout the history of the sport.

Comment

Unfortunately in house arum is gonna feed horn to Crawford to try and get some leverage in a haymon run division

Comment

Thurman should cool down. Crawford will line up most of the top 10 welterweights and whack them one after the other.

Comment

This articles tells a story. A story of a worried man - if not scared. I like Thurman, but I just lost some respect for him.

Comment

I'm rolling with Crawford even though he'd be the underdog vs. both Thurman and Spence (and rightfully so). Crawford is a LW coming up 2 weight classes to WW. Thurman and Spence are both 154 lbers. draining to WW (Thurman has 17 fights above 147, Spence has 13 fights above 147). With that said Crawford is rightfully rated above both Thurman and Spence P4P.

Crawford 2 lineal titles > Thurman + Spence 0 lineal titles
                    Crawford 1 undisputed title > Thurman + Spence 0 undisputed titles

Comment

Working...
                    X