Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Badou Jack: Adonis Stevenson is The Fight That I Want!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Jack, and he is very skilled, but at this level I'm leaning toward Stevenson stopping him, maybe even early. Badou has done some really good work though in the last half dozen fights or so... IOW he is a live dog in there. But Adonis appears to still be a level or two above where Jack is. And I simply don't see things changing in that regard. When Stevenson is firing on all 8 in the ring, you don't often see that level of confidence. And that will go a long way for being a hurdle Jack can't jump over.

Comment

fight aint happening..

Comment

Stevenson is crying at home because he'll have to either face a decent fighter or retire. Wouldn't be surprised if he retired like a b1tch he is.

Comment

When you only take one fight a year, you don't have the big end of the stick, so you do what you got to do... Fight Alvarez or vacant you dummy! Then go for whatever you want.. You'll get it anyway ...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Ah, I think I mis-counted. I'm American so you'll have to pardon my math.

I got so tired of the guy making me feel like an as$hole every time I defended him. He runs his mouth, but the truth always reveals itself in time and no one can tell me that he's the victim of circumstance several years in a row.

Golovkin, Canelo, and Ward had fair criticism over their opposition for a while but they all proved why they are real champs, by securing fights with the best available.

When Stevenson really pissed me off was this, "I'm the king, you come to ME."
            His kingdom is apparently a moat that takes you 2 years to swim across and even then, you might not get a battle with him. Fuk this dude.
            oh so wat did u say when he rushed the ring on kovalev and kovalev turned away after kovalev ducked 2 purse bids already?
            if u werent pissed about that then u have no room to talk unless it's just hate.

with u..he's damned ifhe does and damned if he dont..he chases them and u say "it's a fake"..he says he's the king and i'm done chasing and u get mad...
            HOW ABOUT YOU JUST ADMIT YOUR A LIL BIOTCH WHEN IT COMES TO ADONIS STEVENSON?

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
              Exactly! Yeah sure he'd like to get his title shot but he sure as hell didn't mind fighting 2 local stars in Bute and Pascal for low 6 figure purses. Why cash out once against Stevenson when you can "semi cash out" in the meantime versus Bute and Pascal especially when these wins help build the Adonis fight. The hate for Adonis (granted some of it is warranted) is so strong in Montreal that a lot of people think that Alvarez would beat Adonis (I don't).

My Low Place, what do you think, Alvarez beats Adonis? While Alvarez is good at everything but not great at anything, I doubt he can dodge the left all night and I have no idea, how is chin would react to it.
              ALVAREZ WAS FOUND OUT A LONG TIME AGO BY ME..but these johnny come lately's are pure garbage men that stay picking up junk and running with it...
              alvarez has no ground to stand on he's agreed to step aside for joe smith and fonfara...i've seen enough
              i repsect mando's like spence, campbell, lubin...they all got step aside offers and they all said "NOPE FIGHT ME"

Comment

Redd, I hear your point but one must admit that Stevenson vs Jack is a more appealing than Stevenson vs Alvarez, no? However, I must admit that with Stevenson's track record, neither fight gets made.
                For the record, Stevenson is HATED in Montreal!
                I'M MORE WORRIED ABOUT JACK'S TRACK RECORD..not stevenson..

stevenson gave kov 2 purse bid to get the fight done..kov ran...u cant put that on adonis

bhop refused to negotiate fairly bc he knew golden boy was leaving haymon/showtime and suing them...THAT HAPPEND..BHOP WAS DEMANDED 75% TO FIGHT FO ADONI'S LINEAL TITLE...meanwhile bhop took 1m to fight dawson when dawson got 800k while bhop was the lineal champ...BE EDUCATIONED..ADONIS ISNT DUCKING..HE'S BEEN DUCKED!

pascal refused to let adonis have 50-50...adonis told him well u wont even get 40% talkin like that...pascal then went on to let kovalev make more than him...HIS TRACK RECORD IS THIS "guys are taking less money and lower splits than they offered him to fight other ppl in less popular fights"

THESE ARE FACTS DOG...he cant help if they dont want to respect lineage and his position at that time...so u know what it amounts to? ADONIS BEING ONE OF THE LONGEST REIGNING CHAMPS OF TODAY...DEAL WITH IT

Comment

Redd, I hear your point but one must admit that Stevenson vs Jack is a more appealing than Stevenson vs Alvarez, no? However, I must admit that with Stevenson's track record, neither fight gets made.
                  For the record, Stevenson is HATED in Montreal!
                  Good luck with Jack calling out Adonis. Stevenson hates being picked. Adonis cherrypicks his opponents even if it meant he'll get half of what he'll get in fights Montreal people care about seeing. This arrogant fool will never make any concessions until he retires, which is probably a year away. One of the most reviled personalities in the Montreal society. Strangest part is he's not even doing anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                    I'M MORE WORRIED ABOUT JACK'S TRACK RECORD..not stevenson..

stevenson gave kov 2 purse bid to get the fight done..kov ran...u cant put that on adonis

bhop refused to negotiate fairly bc he knew golden boy was leaving haymon/showtime and suing them...THAT HAPPEND..BHOP WAS DEMANDED 75% TO FIGHT FO ADONI'S LINEAL TITLE...meanwhile bhop took 1m to fight dawson when dawson got 800k while bhop was the lineal champ...BE EDUCATIONED..ADONIS ISNT DUCKING..HE'S BEEN DUCKED!

pascal refused to let adonis have 50-50...adonis told him well u wont even get 40% talkin like that...pascal then went on to let kovalev make more than him...HIS TRACK RECORD IS THIS "guys are taking less money and lower splits than they offered him to fight other ppl in less popular fights"

THESE ARE FACTS DOG...he cant help if they dont want to respect lineage and his position at that time...so u know what it amounts to? ADONIS BEING ONE OF THE LONGEST REIGNING CHAMPS OF TODAY...DEAL WITH IT
                    It's sickening Adonis got these defenders making excuses for everything. You won't get any hint of humility in them. Bhop fought the feared Kovalev, the guy that prompted Adonis to run away and seek shelter in the arms of his father Al Haymon. Pascal fought Kovalev twice! And this idiotic poster is telling us everyone ducked Quackenson. Next thing you know these clowns would say it's Badou Jack's fault the fight didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                      It's sickening Adonis got these defenders making excuses for everything. You won't get any hint of humility in them. Bhop fought the feared Kovalev, the guy that prompted Adonis to run away and seek shelter in the arms of his father Al Haymon. Pascal fought Kovalev twice! And this idiotic poster is telling us everyone ducked Quackenson. Next thing you know these clowns would say it's Badou Jack's fault the fight didn't happen.
                      THE FEAR KOVALEV DUCKED 2 PURSE BIDS THAT HE ASKED FOR INSTEAD OF FIGHTIN ADONIS!

u're sickening to try to hate and ignore that? is hate more sickening then stating facts? YES!

PASCAL REFUSED DEALS THAT ADONIS OFFERED HIM..THESE ARE FACTS...
                      U not only want adonis to fight them u want adonis to give them all the money, sign their names, hold their hands on the way to the ring, and then what??

HE NEVER DID ANYTHING TO HINDER FIGHTS EXCEPT KNOCK PPL OUT LEFT AND RIGHT..fact is this all guys took less money to fight someone that was not adonis stevenon..PROVE OTHERWISE PLEASE

Comment

Working...
                      X