Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Badou Jack: Adonis Stevenson is The Fight That I Want!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stevenson needs to fight Alvarez and then Jack right after that. Then he will be considered one of the very best again. Why the heck has he not fought Alvarez yet? I like Superman, but he is already an old man and he needs to hurry up and do something. He's probably the best lhw there is right now. He needs to go out and prove it though. This is his last chance.

Comment

I like Badou, to me he's one of those fighters that are more than the sum of their parts. He's not overly fast, not a huge puncher, footwork is average, but he always seems to put on a great performance. He was also robbed royally in the DeGale fight and didn't whine like a child. I'm with Jack and I hope he get's a big payday bout with Adonis or any other top light heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Why is it that Canadians are the only ones that defend Stevenson? Is there nothing redeeming about him that would convince someone with no nationalistic ties that he's a great fighter?

I used to like and defend the guy but at this point, he's a bit of a joke. But, post anything negative about him and there's 3 Canadians on here that will spam the hell out of you with replies.

That's not a slight on Canada either (have to add that disclaimer because some people are too insecure to read what I'm actually saying).

Redd, I hear your point but one must admit that Stevenson vs Jack is a more appealing than Stevenson vs Alvarez, no? However, I must admit that with Stevenson's track record, neither fight gets made.
        For the record, Stevenson is HATED in Montreal!

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
          Redd, I hear your point but one must admit that Stevenson vs Jack is a more appealing than Stevenson vs Alvarez, no? However, I must admit that with Stevenson's track record, neither fight gets made.
          For the record, Stevenson is HATED in Montreal!
          Yea, but Montreal isn't exactly Canada's heartland either, right? I know a lot of people in and out of Quebec and there seems to be a rift. But, I'm a desert rat and haven't been in the great north so I really don't know personally.

Regarding the fight, I'd take either. I'm actually more excited about Alvarez than Jack, though both are more or less balanced and even workman-like to an extent. Just wanna see Stevenson fight someone with a pulse really.

Comment

One of my favorite fighters in the sport also one of the most underrated boxers in the sport as well!

Jack's resume is solid, he just needs that one tip top opponent on his resume and I'd add him in the pound for pound list!

I think he beats Superman as Badou "Always Working" Jack just keeps on coming!

I think he stays away from the left and neutralizes it and then takes the fight over with consistent heavy body shots and then stinging shots to the chin to end it!

Badou Jack TKO 12th round!

Comment

WoW now I know the dope is for real
              Jack wouldn't even get by Barrera (who has limited skill)
              Let alone Stevenson , Bivol, or even that other chump Kovalev
              Stays away from Stevenson's left , just throwing it out there but Stevenson can box (Emmanuel Steward hello)
              Kovi is the one who ran from a purse bid and Ward said he wasn't worthy of a fight (then retiring)
              Yeah he's fought who he's fought but ducked someone I don't agree

Comment

beterbum is fighting kolling and bivol is fighting trent broadhurst........jack is fighting no one.......boxing fail

Comment

Jack has zero chance of wining against Adonis. Why are we even having this useless conversation.

In case you didn't know, Alvarez and Adonis are under the same management (GYM). It's easy to understand why management is not eager to make this fight. No matter what the outcome is, they loose asset value. If Alvarez wins, they loose a champion. If Stevenson wins, they loose an undefeeted figther.

People are avoiding Stevenson, not the other way around. Before every single fight management always explained... we asked the number 2 guy (he refused), we asked the number 3 guy (he refused), we asked the number 4 guy (he refused)... and this is why we are fighting Fonfara the number 8 guy!

Kovalev and his management are brain dead. Dealing with them is another story all together.

Ward prefered retiring instead of unifying. You know why? Cause he's smart!

Comment

"So I’ve fought five world champs in a row. Nobody in boxing has fought tougher than me, not even the superstars. Anthony Dirrell, George Groves, Lucian Bute, James DeGale and Nathan Cleverly, five world champs back-to-back." What else is there to say? Props to Badou Jack! He's on his grind! I think he should fight Browne or Barerra next!

Comment

Who knows when Superman will get old. He's not a workhorse, so I'm sure he's still got a few years still. His style doesn't rely on wearing you down...As long as he's still pulling the trigger on the left hand, this aint no 50/50 fight. I agree that Jack beat DeGale.

Comment

Working...
                      X