Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are British Posters not rolling hard with EuBank Jr? USA effect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much all the reasons mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
      I think some of his antics turn off fans.

Which is weird since other English fighters are just as ****y and get love anyway.

And BTW, I don't think he ducked GGG.

I think K2 does business in a way that gives fighters no time.

They try to rush thru things and make a fight in days that normally takes a month to negotiate.

The opponent is used to a longer more detailed process- or they want to negotiate further- and they don't sign immediately.

Loeffler then moves on and hence you have something which folks call a duck which actually isn't.
      That sounds like some sh it you pulled out the air. Eddie Hearn was the one complaining about Eubank, Sr in particular. Eddie said the deal was nearly 90% done. I think he said all he had to do was erase Chris and write Kell.

And didn't Eubank end up leaving Hearn? If anybody moved on, it was Eubank, not k2

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
        Such a paradoxical scenario. Like Americans not rolling hard with Wilder?

Because he is nowhere near as good as his fighter, his fights have rarely been shown to a large enough audience and he messed up twice on the biggest stage, once in losing to BJS and then avoiding GGG.

I'm sure he'll gain a lot of fans if he does well in the WBSS but beating that random bum last night doesnt change much.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          That sounds like some sh it you pulled out the air. Eddie Hearn was the one complaining about Eubank, Sr in particular. Eddie said the deal was nearly 90% done. I think he said all he had to do was erase Chris and write Kell.

And didn't Eubank end up leaving Hearn? If anybody moved on, it was Eubank, not k2
          Hearn was supposed to be representing Eubank, not bending over for Loeffler and K2's desire to get a deal done fast.

It a pattern with K2, even though the falling out happens between the fighter and the other promoter involved. K2 is always the common denominator. It has to come from pressure by K2 to get a deal done fast.

Comment

Hearn was supposed to be representing Eubank, not bending over for Loeffler and K2's desire to get a deal done fast.

It a pattern with K2, even though the falling out happens between the fighter and the other promoter involved. K2 is always the common denominator. It has to come from pressure by K2 to get a deal done fast.
            OF COurse. Remember Loeffler specifically stating the urgency for the “HBO Dates.”

Comment

Don’t respond to that forest gimp. His types swear off the national inquirer. Monkey read monkey believe

Comment

It's because he lost to a paper, nobody, classless, Billie Joe Saunders Jr who's the worst current British champion there is.

Eubank Jr. has improved heaps though and he's growing on me. At a rematch, I see Eubank beating BJS. He's still yet to prove himself though - good win for Yildirim, not taking it away but until he beats someone like Groves, who's experienced and durable enough that he doesn't fight with his face then he'll continue to be hated on.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
                  OF COurse. Remember Loeffler specifically stating the urgency for the “HBO Dates.”

Exactly.

It's easy to do a deal in a week with Willie the Worm...dude is just happy to be there.

But, Eubank (like it or not) is a star and you can't bumrush a guy like that...especially with his know it all, seen it all dad looking over his shoulder.

It's gonna usually take more than a few weeks for those guys.

Comment

Here's Mr Hearn talking about the difficulties of working with Eubank. Notice it says Hearn gave the Eubanks a deadline, not k2.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...ennady-8386617

Also, here's Eubank St accepting responsibility for the fight not happening.

https://talksport.com/boxing/chris-e...-could-promote

But keep blaming GGG

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
                      It's because he lost to a paper, nobody, classless, Billie Joe Saunders Jr who's the worst current British champion there is.

Eubank Jr. has improved heaps though and he's growing on me. At a rematch, I see Eubank beating BJS. He's still yet to prove himself though - good win for Yildirim, not taking it away but until he beats someone like Groves, who's experienced and durable enough that he doesn't fight with his face then he'll continue to be hated on.
                      THAT doesn’t make any sense. That’s like Santa Cruz fans dumping because he lost to a close controversial Bout with Frampton? What happened in the rematch?

Bjs vs Eubank should’ve been a Draw. They say boxing is corrupt... as if Warren didn’t have his fighter the favorable at all costs

Comment

Working...
                      X