Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are British Posters not rolling hard with EuBank Jr? USA effect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are British Posters not rolling hard with EuBank Jr? USA effect?

Such a paradoxical scenario. Like Americans not rolling hard with Wilder?

Because he already lost to Saunders and ducked GGG.

Comment

Been rolling with him from the beginning, huge fan of his father aswell
      He made some bad moves in his career ie taking on BJS as a novice and backing out of the GGG fight but I believe he will make up for it and that started yesterday
      He has the flaws but IMO his combinations are something special and I think he will win the tournament.

It was a blessing in disguise the GGG fight went **** up, he wasnt ready. His pride and rep may have took a dent but overally hes been progressed very well (in terms of opponent selection)
      Last edited by SugarRayCurtain; 10-08-2017, 07:22 AM.

Comment

There was a period there when it looked like they didn't want to fight anyone. But I do think he likely had injury issues bubbling away in the background not just them wanting to negotiate big money.

That's changed now.

He is also the being pushed by a terrestrial channels first venture into PPV. I would say if he beats Groves he is second only to AJ in terms of popularity and cross over appeal.

We'll find out when he has to headline a show at 02 or something.

He is in form, exciting, and enigmatic.

Whereas in the past because he was fighting lesser opponent and not banging them out it made him seem like a Daddy's boy.

Eubank Jr is the real deal. When the GGG fight was mooted I did envisage him competing well.

Comment

Because after losing to Saunders and fighting a bunch of nobodies... he went out and partnered with ITV and started putting his mismatch fights on PPV.... so naturally, he isn't going to have a huge fan base. You can't just automatically have a large fan base... and ask for PPV... you have to build it up and earn it.

Comment

BJS gets stopped by Eubank at 168.

Comment

I think eubank jr is excellent and I believe he will win the tournament. He should never have taken the BJS fight because it was his first 12 rounder and he would beat him comfortably at this point. I also think he would give canelo and GGG nightmares.

Comment

Eubank is a real player in the 168 division i think. I don't think the division is that strong compared to the super 6 days but it's improving again.

That said, i think there is still plenty of questions to answer. Saunders is by far the most technically sound boxer that Eubank has faced and Saunders beat him. Yeah it was possibly too soon for Eubank, but Saunders himself hadn't really fought at world level at that point either. People act like Saunders was world level and Eubank was a novice, but Saunders was only European and British champ then and they had both had a similar amount of pro fights and similar age. Saunders definitely had the better amateur pedigree though and had beaten some decent domestic level fighters.

It'll still be interesting to see how Eubank does when he's in with another fighter like Saunders that is technically sound and sharp, decent ring IQ and defence. Abraham is obviously a good level fighter but his style was good for a much fresher Eubank.

Comment

I think some of his antics turn off fans.

Which is weird since other English fighters are just as ****y and get love anyway.

And BTW, I don't think he ducked GGG.

I think K2 does business in a way that gives fighters no time.

They try to rush thru things and make a fight in days that normally takes a month to negotiate.

The opponent is used to a longer more detailed process- or they want to negotiate further- and they don't sign immediately.

Loeffler then moves on and hence you have something which folks call a duck which actually isn't.

Comment

His last three fights have been on PPV and probably got no more than 100k viewers each. If the fight last night had been on ITV or even ITV4 it'd probably have everyone buzzing over here

Comment

Working...
                    X