Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Trainer Explains Lack of Body Work Against Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
    And yet he TKO'd one guy, beat another guy and by overwhelming majority of media, fans and former boxers he should have won the fight called a draw.

Where you rank him is of course up to you. I have as a clear cut top 10 P4P fighter. He should be 38-0 IMO. So call him overhyped if you like, people in boxing know he's one of the best in the sport.

You say once he couldn't overpower his oppoenents it was "game over". That is silly. The guy has been able to win his last two fights by relying on an effective jab. That isn't a one dimensional fighter.

before that fight.....

you made out like Golovkin was some kind of killer LMAO

and you also said that you saw nothing special in Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      before that fight.....

you made out like Golovkin was some kind of killer LMAO

and you also said that you saw nothing special in Canelo

Find me a quote where I said Golovkin was some kind of killer? You're an "expert" in that. In fact I said against Jacobs that I didn't believe the story that he wasn't trying to KO Jacobs. If I believe he was such a killer why wouldn't I have bought into that?

I did say that about Canelo, and I had not seen anything special about Canelo before this fight. I also said he is an excellent fighter. Special to me means something more than just being good, it is on another level. After this fight he was pretty damn close to special. The fact I still think he lost might be the only thing that held me back. He looked special at points in this fight especially when he made his rally back. For about 10 rounds before I didn't think he looked on another level.

Comment

I completely get this. At the end of the day the fighter can tell if the shot is there or not.

Its easy for anybody outside to say he should have threw this or that.

It happens almost all the time in my fights or sparring where my coach wants me to do this but its just not there

Comment

Sanchez even admits Canelo's defense was on point and Canelo was countering well. Fight was no robbery. Close fight that really could've gone either way, but a fight that I believe Canelo won. Too many people giving GGG credit for coming forward. Yes he came forward in the fight, but he was ineffective for the most part.

Canelo's defense nullified one of Golovkin's greatest weapons. Body punches.

Golovkin had ample opportunities to deliver damaging blows to Canelo, but Golovkin knew he would get countered for his trouble and decided to play it safe when he had Canelo on the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Sanchez admitting Canelo's defense and counter punching threat turned GGG into a 1 dimensional head hunter. LMAO Abandoned the body shot because that's a easier shot to be countered by and missed badly with those rights and power punches. Canelo outlanded GGG in body shots, in uppercuts, power shots literally every punch except jabs. Turned Canelo into a 1 armed fighter. And we now know that wasn't the plan going in and sanchez did want him to go to the body but the slow fool just couldn't pull the trigger and do it.
            yep.............

Comment

Grovelkin is just a brawler with a jab. Thats all. Canelo's superior technique and skill is too much for Gennad. Genna likes to be in range so Canelo just moved and turned Grov all night. Worked like a charm. Grolovkin knew if he went to the body he'd get that head snapped back. Thats why he fought so conservative. When your outskilled and slower its hard to cope. Somehow he was able to escape with a draw to tremendous sensational superstar face of boxing canelo.

Comment

Lotta excuses here from Abel. Not a good look. Hopefully he learns how to teach GGG to cut off the ring better, and throw more of an arsenal of punches like he did in earlier fights. Because he can't expect Canelo to not have learned a few things this past Saturday.

It's one thing to teach a fighter basics vs cans and mid level opponents. A GOOD trainer can teach his fighter how to do it vs the elites as well. Is Abel up to the task? Or did GGG choose the wrong trainer? This rematch will tell more about GGGs team than it will about Canelos team. It seems Reynoso and Co. are getting better, but Abel is getting better at... excuses.

I think the rematch will be even better than fight #1.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  Game over meaning he was lost and didn't know what to do, since pure power wasn't working. What adjustments has he made in either fight? ZERO.

Also, many people thought he lost the last two fights.
                  But only one of the judges thought he lost - and she was suspended by the commission and will probably never be allowed to judge a boxing match again.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                    He ate a couple mean uppercuts once he was in close. There were times he'd get hit so hard hed lose his footing or was forced to back off.
                    This is why Canelo said he wobbled him couple of times. I saw it to. I can't remember the round but Canelo wobbled him with a body shot. GGG is really good at hiding when he's hurt.

Comment

LMAO I'm really loving this!

Notice most of the GGG fan club member's aren't here to defend this!

I'm really surprised they're not since they're some of the most deluded people on planet earth!

Canelo Outboxed GGG, gave him a lesson he'll never forget!

Made GGG apologize to his fans, put on glasses at the post fight presser, made GGG and his coach fumble with the EXCUSES!

Canelo showed the true definition of of the sweet science and fans, boxing media and his fellow fighters don't appreciate it!

It's like jazz, the better it is the more under appreciated it will be!

But on another note, really impressed with GGG's chin and durability!

He took some hellish punishment especially to the body!

Just look at his face after the fight, he even removed his post fight pic on his IG when he just left his locker room! LOL

Sanchez better cook up something or its gonna be worse punishment for GGG in a rematch cuz Canelo will improve on what he did, not to mention get more acclimated to 160!

Comment

Working...
                      X