Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Considers Golovkin Fight Bigger Than Mayweather Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Considers Golovkin Fight Bigger Than Mayweather Fight

LAS VEGAS Canelo Alvarez appreciates all that his fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. has done for his career. The Mexican superstar made what was then a career-high $10 million guarantee for facing Mayweather. Boxing the polarizing pound-for-pound king also enabled Alvarez to become one of the sport's only consistently productive pay-per-view attractions.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well... I think it is, the spot for the main attraction in boxing it's open now that Floyd isn't part of the picture.

Also in this one Canelo could be seriously hurt, something that was unlikely in the Floyd fight.

Comment

Yes it is ABSOLUTELY!

Career defining fight for BOTH!

Comment

They begged for the Floyd fight knowing he didn't have experience?you were 23 with nearly 50 professional fights. Stop the excuses. He was stronger and faster than you.

Comment

All the floyd fans who have been riding with canelo out of hate for ggg are gonna turn on him now.

Comment

Yea I agree. The Floyd fight was a no lose situation for him pretty much he was so young. Now he's got more on the line & I imagine he gots more upside in this fight then the Floyd fight. If he loses this fight it'll define him much more than the Floyd L did thats for sure.

Comment

No version of Canelo beats Floyd even the current Floyd so to hell with this inexperience rubbish. Also the Floyd fight was the biggest Canelo will ever be involved in. He will realise it when his GGG fight only pulls 800k buys on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
                Also in this one Canelo could be seriously hurt.
                You can be seriously hurt or killed in any fight. Boxing is dangerous like that. Most of the men who've severely injured or killed another man in the ring were nobodies from nowhere who went on to accomplish nothing.

Punching people in the head is some risky sh^t to be doing. So if Canelo or GGG have a .05% chance to die in the ring on any given night its probably only getting bumped up to .051% Saturday if its not actually going down cuz of all the eyes on them & a ref being less likely to go on if one guy is getting f#cked up too much. I'd argue the risk of serious injury is likely going down in big fights for that reason.

The chances to see someone die in the ring probably go up in some club show bs 5 fights from the Main Event fight when they just are worried about not pissing off the fans so let things go to a overly conclusive ending sometimes or let the hometown guy foul with rabbit punches too much or sh^t like that.

Comment

For him? Yes, I agree.

For boxing? Hmm maybe, that could be argued in a few years after we get a chance to look back on it.

Culturally? Not a chance. People thought Floyd could lose that night. The 2.5 million buys reflect that.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                    All the floyd fans who have been riding with canelo out of hate for ggg are gonna turn on him now.
                    If they lack reading comprehension...

Comment

Working...
                    X