Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has Canelo done in 2 years that gives him any edge over GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Canelo has not turned 34 in the past 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      rooting for GGG but if Canelo beats him I won't be mad. Canelo has proven he will take the tough fights so he'd deserve it. Just no fkery with the scorecards and I'm happy either way
      I was a fan of Canelo for this reason but after the Lara scare Oscar started protecting him.

Post Lara:
      Kirkland
      Cotto
      Khan
      Smith
      Chavez

What was the purpose of going down to 154 for Liam? Surely there were better options out there.

Comment

He has Improved overall! Patients, love his Slickness defensively he shoulder rolls he is very good off the ropes so he studies and yes he picked up some tricks from Mayweather even tho some people will pretend like they don't notice it

Canelo issue is with MOVERS! Uh...Not too many people can move like Mayweather or Lara! However, vs guys who come forward and/or guys who are more flat footed stationary targets Canelo DOMINATES! GGG is not a Laterally mover, he will be right in front of Canelo all fight and he will come to him. GGG is not overly fast so I think Canelo will be able to fire off Combos and be gone by the time the Return Fire Comes

But a big thing to watch is Canelo Uppercuts! GGG is very suspect to Uppercuts and Canelo has some EXCELLENT Uppercuts!

Last edited by sicko; 09-14-2017, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
          I was a fan of Canelo for this reason but after the Lara scare Oscar started protecting him.

Post Lara:
          Kirkland
          Cotto
          Khan
          Smith
          Chavez

What was the purpose of going down to 154 for Liam? Surely there were better options out there.
          I agree, they definitely took More control over who he fights but he did fight Trout, Mayweather, and Lara and Now GGG. That shows me at least he's willing to take chances and you gotta respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by vwelsh View Post
            I'll give it a shot. IMO he has seemed more patient, less willing to trade. His timing has improved greatly and sets traps appropriately. Khan is a good example. For example speed kills in boxing. Khan was incredibly fast but Canelo found ways to neutralize that speed. Kirkland was a filler. Cotto is a good boxer. Plain and simple. he moves well has good / balance offense v defense.

If I were going to say its one single attribute, its patience and maturity. taking his time, letting the fight come to him.

Lets talk GGG. what has he done that is so great. Knocked everyone out that he should have. These guys are bums that he has fought. not a single HOF'er or recognize name on his resume. The first was Jacobs and he loss IMO.

GGG only has one way to win this fight by KO. And he can. He totally can. We will have to wait and see.
            Good thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              He has Improved overall! Patients, love his Slickness defensively he shoulder rolls he is very good off the ropes so he studies and yes he picked up some tricks from Mayweather even tho some people will pretend like they don't notice it

Canelo issue is with MOVERS! Uh...Not too many people can move like Mayweather or Lara! However, vs guys who come forward and/or guys who are more flat footed stationary targets Canelo DOMINATES! GGG is not a Laterally mover, he will be right in front of Canelo all fight and he will come to him. GGG is not overly fast so I think Canelo will be able to fire off Combos and be gone by the time the Return Fire Comes

But a big thing to watch is Canelo Uppercuts! GGG is very suspect to Uppercuts and Canelo has some EXCELLENT Uppercuts!

I don't disagree at all, Canelo has always been a good counter puncher and dynamic throwing his hands. He will land a lot of shots on GGG I'm sure but does he have the power to hurt him or even stop him from coming forward throwing punches? Based on what I've seen against top level competition Canelo has faced I'd say no.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

That was a good clean uppercut that didnt budge Cotto. He better hit Golovkin harder than that

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                  OMG, Canelo is going to beat the breaks off of Golovkon's slow a$$. If Canelo can hang with movers like Lara then stationary GGG will be nothing to get at and Canelo is also faster, better counters ,and better combos. GGG with his 1 punch at a time is going to get dealt with.
                  Canelo was going forward against Lara, he will be going backwards against ggg, ggg will be no more that 3 feet away from canelo all fight so canelo will fatigue, canelo has been able to control the pace in all his fights apart from floyd, ggg will be controlling the pace in this fight, canelo won't be able to bully ggg like his past opponents, canelo couldn't stop a very drained punching bag in Chavez yet people think he will stop ggg, dreamers, if any canelo fans would like to explain how he will get past these obstacles feel free but please no BS

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                    Looks like you're not going to say anything objective about his improvements or give him an ounce of credit but I'll say this instead
                    In two years golovkin has declined a bit and his last two fights have been tough back to back and they were both step ups in class and he will be stepping up even more vs canelo
                    What improvements I don't see them? canelo still has stamina problems, still has cement feet, still has a weak corner, his defense still sucks and his defense only looks good against weak opposition, I don't see these improvements everybody keeps talking about
                    Last edited by Wizardsh; 09-14-2017, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                      Canelo was going forward against Lara, he will be going backwards against ggg, ggg will be no more that 3 feet away from canelo all fight so canelo will fatigue, canelo has been able to control the pace in all his fights apart from floyd, ggg will be controlling the pace in this fight, canelo won't be able to bully ggg like his past opponents, canelo couldn't stop a very drained punching bag in Chavez yet people think he will stop ggg, dreamers, if any canelo fans would like to explain how he will get past these obstacles feel free but please no BS
                      Canelo is fast enough and heavy handed. What do you think? GGG will just keep coming forward without while Canelo just doesn't throw and punches? GGG can come forward and Canelo will be dropping bombs and combos on him like Floyd was doing Hatton.

Comment

Working...
                      X