Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has Canelo done in 2 years that gives him any edge over GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    Hearing a lot of people starting to pick Canelo to beat GGG this weekend.
    Since 5-9-15 he's fought Kirkland, Cotto, Khan,Smith,Chavez Jr.

2 of those are glass jaw guys. 1 is a nobody.. 1 is a fat slob who stinks and 1 is a faded good fighter who spent the best years of his career at 140-147.

We talk about GGG not having that big name on his record or not being ready for what Canelo brings but what has Canelo done since the Lara fight that makes anyone think he's ready for what GGG brings based on fighting this bunch of guys the last 2 years? Before he got his face smashed in by GGG I'd pick Brook over Kirkland,Khan,Cotto, and Smith at 154.

People keep saying Canelo has gotten better, that he's learned since the Mayweather fight yet all I see is him in mismatches that make him look good. Little azz Cotto hit him all night long but couldn't hurt him because the dude was huge compared to him. Liam fking smith was putting that work on the guy in the corners but again had no power to hurt Canelo.

This dudes power is overrated, he has NEVER put out a good fighter.. NEVER... He will not KO GGG, i don't think he can even hurt him. If GGG starts landing that jab early this will be an easy fight for GGG...
    erm, he looked good fighting subpar opposition at different weights that hasnt prepared him in any way for golovkin. hope that answers your question.

Comment

Lol what has Gg done besides looking very average vs Jacobs? You can say this for damn near every fighter

Comment

Nothing. His big improvement was more in the previous 2 years. Since then, if anything has given him a better chance it's GGG's age and decline. But that is overblown to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
          Canelo is fast enough and heavy handed. What do you think? GGG will just keep coming forward without while Canelo just doesn't throw and punches? GGG can come forward and Canelo will be dropping bombs and combos on him like Floyd was doing Hatton.
          You've never fought before, Hatton was charging at floyd, canelo is definitely no floyd, canelo has good upper body movement with cement feet, as GGG is coming forward he will be pumping the jab into canelos line of sight, newsflash, canelo has a shorter reach, this was an exceptionally poor explaination from you to how canelo will deal with these issues
          Last edited by Shape up; 09-14-2017, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
            You've never fought before, Hatton was charging at floyd, canelo is definitely no floyd, canelo has good upper body movement with cement feet, as GGG is coming forward he will be pumping the jab into canelos line of sight, newsflash, canelo has a shorter reach, this was an exceptionally poor explaination from you to how canelo will deal with these issues
            1. I HAVE fought before.
            2. We'll just see on Saturday.
            3. We'll read the excuses all night.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
              1. I HAVE fought before.
              2. We'll just see on Saturday.
              3. We'll read the excuses all night.
              That's the best part, 2 more days we find out what happens. I won't have any excuses if Canelo wins, I think he's going to have to earn every punch every round. Same with GGG...

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                That's the best part, 2 more days we find out what happens. I won't have any excuses if Canelo wins, I think he's going to have to earn every punch every round. Same with GGG...
                I would like to believe people will have no excuses when Canelo wins but that was also said before the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight fight.

Comment

Working...
                X