Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has Canelo done in 2 years that gives him any edge over GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    He went to war against Khan and Chavez. Canelos endurance is beyond amazing.
    Nah, its one of his weaknesses. He tends to fight in spurts and uses up alot of energy when he unloads his offense. The Smith fight(although he beat him no problem), showed that he tends to go to the ropes when he wants to take a breather. He can't do that against Golovkin.

Comment

Absolutely nothing. GGG by brutal KO

Comment

Bought judges and has Oscar doing the Judges?

Canelo will loose.

Comment

why are so many posters upset that people are picking Canelo to win? I mean, when 2 guys fight, are posters allowed to choose who they want or are we required to all pick one guy?

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            He has Improved overall! Patients, love his Slickness defensively he shoulder rolls he is very good off the ropes so he studies and yes he picked up some tricks from Mayweather even tho some people will pretend like they don't notice it

Canelo issue is with MOVERS! Uh...Not too many people can move like Mayweather or Lara! However, vs guys who come forward and/or guys who are more flat footed stationary targets Canelo DOMINATES! GGG is not a Laterally mover, he will be right in front of Canelo all fight and he will come to him. GGG is not overly fast so I think Canelo will be able to fire off Combos and be gone by the time the Return Fire Comes

But a big thing to watch is Canelo Uppercuts! GGG is very suspect to Uppercuts and Canelo has some EXCELLENT Uppercuts!

I would agree with this except there's two factors. Firstly, Canelo has slow feet. He relies mostly on his upper body movement to get away from punches, BUT the issue with that is even if Golovkin misses a few punches, Canelo can only use it so much...he also needs the footwork to avoid it all. Secondly, Canelo is vulnerable to a good committed jab. Counter punchers despite being a nightmare for brawler/power punchers, have issues when dealing with a good jab. Golovkin has possibly the best jab in boxing right now. Because of how hard it is to avoid/predict, countering it will be tough for Canelo. The Cotto and Smith fights showed how baffled Canelo is when dealing with a jab thrown with intentions(Its the non committed jabs that are easy to avoid for him)

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
              Canelo is fast enough and heavy handed. What do you think? GGG will just keep coming forward without while Canelo just doesn't throw and punches? GGG can come forward and Canelo will be dropping bombs and combos on him like Floyd was doing Hatton.
              The issue with that is that Canelo can unload bombs and combos BUT doing so will put him in the danger zone. While it would bother other opponents who are gun shy against Canelo's power, Golovkin has taken shots from bigger men with more power. Lemieux, Jacobs and Stevens have more power than Canelo does. Plus this will be an exhausting, grueling fight for Canelo who's had stamina issues in the past.

Comment

Well, GGG has aged 2 years older, nearing to his decline.

Comment

He has matured even more in those two years. He has grown mentally, you got to have a boxing eye to see it. Whilst GGG has age another 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    why are so many posters upset that people are picking Canelo to win? I mean, when 2 guys fight, are posters allowed to choose who they want or are we required to all pick one guy?
                    Thats what i don't get. First they accuse people of being haters, but now they see that more and more people are picking Canelo, so they are wondering why.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                      I just think he is the more skilled fighter
                      I keep hearing this but I don't see how. Only things he has on GGG is youth and speed. He has cement feet and can't move. GGG has excellent footwork but is just slow. Because he isn't light on his feet like Floyd people act like he isn't. Before you start it's not about Floyd just that he had the best foot work. Both throw combinations to the head and body ggg uses his jab a lot more effective cuts off the ring. I just don't see the improvement. Another poster put it best when he called it and named the fighter he fought in the past two years and went on to say GGG looks like he is declining while moving up in talent so canelo and golden boys plan is working out just right. I expect a good not great fight and right now I'm leaning towards canelo by close but obvious ud

Comment

Working...
                      X