Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally!!! This Chocolatito scam is over!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, HBO cranked up the hype machine on this guy and so many suckers ate it all up. Good action fighter, but it was always ridiculous to have this guy propped up as the sports best with that kind of style.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      He has very good defence considering how offensive he is. I'm certain he could adopt a far more safety first approach and fight very negatively and not get hit but who wants to see that?
      Who wants to see a guy flicking out a jab every now and again and constantly clinching and clamping fighters arms and ****?

When you're aggressive as he is and throw the volume he does you will get tagged. He has slowed down and gets hit more now.
      The only people who use the term "fighting negatively" are idiots who don't know sh_t about boxing. I would rather watch a fighter hit and not get hit than to constantly walk into punches showing no concept or concern for self preservation! Maybe it hasn't occured to you that some of us like DEFENSE! I personally can't stand watching fighters that don't have good defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        A #1 p4p fighter would adjust right? The difference is in the lower weight classes he could throw volume and absorb the hits from the smaller guys. When he fought guys his size he couldn't bully them with his power and he had nothing to fall back on. He told Max in the fighter meetings that his power hadn't translated since he moved up and he couldn't handle the guys like he did in the smaller weight classes. If you're a #1 p4p guy and you can't just rely on your power you have to use other skills to win. He had nothing but power and a good chin. Once both were gone he didn't have any skills to fall back on.

Could use the same argument about Roy Jones Jr, Manny Pacquaio and a whole host of others.
        Fighters slow down, they get old and extremely quick in those lower weights. His losses aren't going to define his career or take away his remarkable achievements.

Rungvisai is also an absolute beast lets not go on like he just got blasted by some total can or something. Outside of Chocolatito his resume is thin, no denying but its extremely evident he is of serious quality and is going to be a problem for anybody. He has P4P potential himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
          The only people who use the term "fighting negatively" are idiots who don't know sh_t about boxing. I would rather watch a fighter hit and not get hit than to constantly walk into punches showing no concept or concern for self preservation! Maybe it hasn't occured to you that some of us like DEFENSE! I personally can't stand watching fighters that don't have good defense.

I like defense as much as the next man but when its a Carlos Molina, Kevin Johnson, an Andre Ward or some so called 'defensive' genius (spoiler) who only isn't getting hit because he is fighting negative - constantly staying out of range not initiating anything other than a clinch, scared to engage, running, clamping arms and all that its boring as ****.

If it means Idksab because I don't dig spoiling, a load of wasted movement, running and illegal tactics used to negate offense and all that then so be it, its a ****ing eyesore.

How many fighters have a better defense than Chocolatito? Rigondeaux, Lomachenko, Crawford who else? you can't be a fan of many boxers can you?

Comment

Chocolatito has the same level of Santa Cruz.

He had a soft career till he moved up to 115 pounds.

A lot of bums in his record.

He ducked Estrada so bad in 112 pounds too

Comment

I like defense as much as the next man but when its a Carlos Molina, Kevin Johnson, an Andre Ward or some so called 'defensive' genius (spoiler) who only isn't getting hit because he is fighting negative - constantly staying out of range not initiating anything other than a clinch, scared to engage, running, clamping arms and all that its boring as ****.

If it means Idksab because I don't dig spoiling, a load of wasted movement, running and illegal tactics used to negate offense and all that then so be it, its a ****ing eyesore.

How many fighters have a better defense than Chocolatito? Rigondeaux, Lomachenko, Crawford who else? you can't be a fan of many boxers can you?
              Gonzalez has finished fights with his face swollen like a melon too many times for you to tell me he has great defense

Comment

Estrada, Cuadras, Vazquez, Santa Cruz, Luis Nery, Ward, Lara, Canelo, GGG.

Chocolatito defensive skills are stupidly bads

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                  Chocolatito has the same level of Santa Cruz.

He had a soft career till he moved up to 115 pounds.

A lot of bums in his record.

He ducked Estrada so bad in 112 pounds too
                  Man agreed. Estrada and Cuadras were bums. He whooped those bums so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                    Gonzalez has finished fights with his face swollen like a melon too many times for you to tell me he has great defense
                    His face looks swollen before he gets in the ring. Some fighters cut and swell a lot easier than others.

Many get hit a huge amount but come out looking fresh as hell its not an indicator of having a good defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      Man agreed. Estrada and Cuadras were bums. He whooped those bums so bad.
                      Both were close fight could've went either way. They were so close Roman wouldn't run it back. But when he lost his belt he got an immediate rematch. And Cuadras won that fight

Comment

Working...
                      X