Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: If I KO'd Jacobs, I Would Not Be Getting Canelo Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    When you understand that the promoter who wins the purse bid gets to determine how the fight is sold....you will have made great strides. Purse bids are to force fights between the champion and mando. So it's either they sign the contract sent to them by the winning promoter or get stripped.

Listen...your logic on how things would play out don't change the rules for purse bids. If anything you're explaining why most promoters with fighters that bring revenue to the table avoid purse bids.
    Yup and that's why Canelo didn't want to do the purse bid and GGG did. He wasn't giving them that much $$$$.

Same thing but for different reasons Duva dropped out when she knew she couldn't match Al.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      When you understand that the promoter who wins the purse bid gets to determine how the fight is sold....you will have made great strides. Purse bids are to force fights between the champion and mando. So it's either they sign the contract sent to them by the winning promoter or get stripped.

Listen...your logic on how things would play out don't change the rules for purse bids. If anything you're explaining why most promoters with fighters that bring revenue to the table avoid purse bids.
      Its amazing how you can use the same facts but come up with the wrong conclusion. Things don't work the same way when it comes to a superstar fighter. When a no name fighter gets sent a contract under a purse bid he needs to accept the deal. He needs the belt in order to eventually get those big money fights. He can't afford to get stripped. Canelo doesn't need a belt to get big money fights and so the purse bid means nothing. If a fighter could easily walk away without any real repurcussions then the contract that says Promoter X won the purse bid isn't worth the paper it was printed on. He's got a contract he can't enforce.

Comment

• Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
        What's up bro , CANELO vs GGG just 1 week away man , damn it's finally here. To quote you "it's gonna be a bloodbath" hahaha
        Yeah we might need to study & analyze Jacobs further cause before Golovkin , Quillin was Jacob's biggest win , cause he got KO'd by Pirog and an old light punching smaller guy in Mora floored him bad, besides that who can you really say was world class in Jacob's resume?
        I can't WAIT. IMO it's going 12 rounds. Which is what a LOT of experts predict. I got a bad with some GGGTard that Canelo will make it past round 6 lol.

Yeah, I'm really questioning that Jacobs win over Quillin??? He looked like dog sht. Against Johnson. Yes I know being so inactive doesn't help but Andrade and Russell Jr. Fight like 1x a year and they do alright. Floyd retired twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          A lot of his 155 lbs weren't even for a title. He wants the $$$$ fights more than titles. I do think they chose Liam because he then could fight Saunders if the GGG fight didn't happen. Which also would of took that option away from GGG at the same time.
          Hunnapasent max. Ggg voice

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
            Its amazing how you can use the same facts but come up with the wrong conclusion. Things don't work the same way when it comes to a superstar fighter. When a no name fighter gets sent a contract under a purse bid he needs to accept the deal. He needs the belt in order to eventually get those big money fights. He can't afford to get stripped. Canelo doesn't need a belt to get big money fights and so the purse bid means nothing. If a fighter could easily walk away without any real repurcussions then the contract that says Promoter X won the purse bid isn't worth the paper it was printed on. He's got a contract he can't enforce.
            Stop embarrassing yourself.

Twisting and turning isn't going to fool anyone. You didn't know how purse bids work. You shouldn't be discussing financials of boxing because you don't know shit.

This is what you said

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
            But the purse bid only determines the base salary of the fighter and who promotes the event (determines the date and site of the fight). Everything else still needs to be negotiated including PPV splits if the fight is to be PPV.
            You were wrong. Deal with it ******.
            Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 09-09-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Bunch or ******s in here. Canelo can absolutely win but Golovkin does look to be on the slide. Of course Golden Boy waited it out... There's a reason someone has washed up Baldomir, Mosely and Cintron on their resume...

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                The cw and flat fee deal did go out the window because ggg as the b side didn't want to make concessions like most of past great fighters have done to their a side. Even mayerather made concession, what makes ggg so special that he doesn't have to. I agree he didn't have to make the concessions but canelo also didn't have to fight him. Praise canelo for coming and fighting for the FIRST time at 160 against the "boogeyman" of the division. Canelo made it happen NOT ggg so don't get it twisted. You speak of speculation and go on to speculate that canelo gives any F.ucks about what people say or think over social media!! Lmao that's laughable. You probably think he comes in these threads to read and see and make sure no one thinks bad of him lol. The fight is here! Who cares about anything else! No excuses when it's over either way! Only the ggg fans are making those excuses by the way
                Catchweights for titles are a rather new development in boxing. Hopkins gave one to DLH, and that was noted as rare, because of the money and he also said public that DLH was no MW. Fighting for legit titles at CWs is crap. We have enough divisions we don't need BS ones. You get the opinion of people in boxing and you'll see that CWs aren't viewed positively.

I'm not opposed to CW always but in the case of Canelo vs. Golovkin there was absolutely no reason for it.

Canelo is fighting for the first time at 160lbs, but he just fought above 160lbs. Why are we acting like this move from 154lbs for a guy who comes in significantly above 160lbs was anything significant. If Charlo got Golovkin next I wouldn't expect him or his two fans to be crying oh my God he's only had one fight st 160lbs. That's such a sissy excuse. I know Charlo and Canelo won't use that excuse.

Did I say Canelo didn't make it happen? He and DLH were the only ones who could make it happen. Golovkin has been ready for this fight. Once DLH decided to make it happen it was easy. I give them credit for making this fight and the right way.

Yeah lil Robi I think he is a human and just like any other fighter when he hears people in his native country where boxing is beloved saying he ducked Golovkin, that he's an embarrassment to Mexicans and all that type of crap it bothers the hell out of him. I think he is proud and wants to prove a point. He wants to shut all the doubters up. That's one of the reasons why this fight is so compelling, both guys have something to prove.

We at least can agree that that's the past and I'm ready for the fight. Can't wait. If Canelo beats Golovkin and it isn't a blatant BS robbery (and my bar is very high for that) there is no excuse. If it is remotely close I expect Golovkin to lose and while I may disagree with the decision I'll say he knew that going into the fight. Just like Abel said.

BTW only the hardest Canelo nuthuggers and Golovkin haters are saying this fight didn't happen earlier because of something Golovkin did or didn't do. But again I really don't care. I'm just ready for the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                  Catchweights for titles are a rather new development in boxing. Hopkins gave one to DLH, and that was noted as rare, because of the money and he also said public that DLH was no MW. Fighting for legit titles at CWs is crap. We have enough divisions we don't need BS ones. You get the opinion of people in boxing and you'll see that CWs aren't viewed positively.

I'm not opposed to CW always but in the case of Canelo vs. Golovkin there was absolutely no reason for it.

Canelo is fighting for the first time at 160lbs, but he just fought above 160lbs. Why are we acting like this move from 154lbs for a guy who comes in significantly above 160lbs was anything significant. If Charlo got Golovkin next I wouldn't expect him or his two fans to be crying oh my God he's only had one fight st 160lbs. That's such a sissy excuse. I know Charlo and Canelo won't use that excuse.

Did I say Canelo didn't make it happen? He and DLH were the only ones who could make it happen. Golovkin has been ready for this fight. Once DLH decided to make it happen it was easy. I give them credit for making this fight and the right way.

Yeah lil Robi I think he is a human and just like any other fighter when he hears people in his native country where boxing is beloved saying he ducked Golovkin, that he's an embarrassment to Mexicans and all that type of crap it bothers the hell out of him. I think he is proud and wants to prove a point. He wants to shut all the doubters up. That's one of the reasons why this fight is so compelling, both guys have something to prove.

We at least can agree that that's the past and I'm ready for the fight. Can't wait. If Canelo beats Golovkin and it isn't a blatant BS robbery (and my bar is very high for that) there is no excuse. If it is remotely close I expect Golovkin to lose and while I may disagree with the decision I'll say he knew that going into the fight. Just like Abel said.

BTW only the hardest Canelo nuthuggers and Golovkin haters are saying this fight didn't happen earlier because of something Golovkin did or didn't do. But again I really don't care. I'm just ready for the fight.
                  He made 154 on a scale for the Liam fight. I see you DEMAND other boxers move up but give GGG a pass??? Your a HYPOCRITE! GGG comes in fight well over 168 and want a FKN CW with Ward for HIS Super MW Belt.

Again your a FKN HYPOCRITE!!!

Golovkin to Ward: I'm the "A" side, 164 or no fight

That's why I laughed soo hard when Oscar said the same damn thing to GGG.

Comment

• Can't WAIT until Monday when they announce the officials for the GGG/Canelo fight... I expect to hear a bunch of CRYING from GGG Fans.

No matter who it is they're still gonna...

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                      Hunnapasent max. Ggg voice
                      I LOVE how all the GGG Nut huggers say Canelo needed to move up in weight and didn't because he was ducking GGG but when you say the same DAMN thing about GGG to 168 for Ward they shove their HEADS up their ass and play dumb. Then the same FUKS who cry about Caneloweight don't say SHT about Mr. ANYONE from 154-168 but Canelo at 160 and Ward 164.

Comment

Working...
                      X