Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Stops Conor McGregor in The Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I voted robbery. The robbery being all of the dough that suckers will waste on this circus "fight'. My buddy actually intends to buy it. Hell, I'll go to his crib, barbecue, drink, then laugh at him when he cries "bullshit!" when this fight fails to entertain.

Comment

• Lol @ fans who say that Mayweather will KO McGregor. At best, Mayweather will pot-shot here and there to accumulate points. The rest of the time, he will be running like a Kenyan at a marathon.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCer View Post
        He hasn't shown a great gas tank... but I will say, Conor showed well in the 2nd Diaz fight, in that respect. Nate Diaz is known for his gas tank/stamina (the dude competes in triathlons, holds records for total strikes per round, per fight).

It's hard to say how cardio translates, but it's not as simple as saying "12 rounds versus 5 rounds"

25 minutes... with 4 breaks..... dealing with MMA
        36 minutes... with 11 breaks... dealing only with Boxing
        thats not what happened. Why do you Conor tards forget that fight was a majority decision? One judge didnt even give Conor that fight. But if you listen to Conor fans it was a blow out.

Here is what happened. Conor faded badly after 8 minutes. But Nate was so cut up Conor took the 4th round. The 5th round was all Nate with Conor looking dead at the end of the fight.

Also be aware Conor trained mostly cardio for that 2nd Nate fight and still looked bad after 8 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
          thats not what happened. Why do you Conor tards forget that fight was a majority decision? One judge didnt even give Conor that fight. But if you listen to Conor fans it was a blow out.

Here is what happened. Conor faded badly after 8 minutes. But Nate was so cut up Conor took the 4th round. The 5th round was all Nate with Conor looking dead at the end of the fight.

Also be aware Conor trained mostly cardio for that 2nd Nate fight and still looked bad after 8 minutes.
          Who the fcck said anything even suggesting "a blow out"? Check yourself on that one.

We're talking gas tank...
          (1)Nate Diaz is known for his conditioning, level of output... (2) Conor went the distance... (3) it was just two fights ago, so it's recent info on Conor.

Re-posting what I said...
          He hasn't shown a great gas tank... but I will say, Conor showed well in the 2nd Diaz fight, in that respect.

And who says that Conor "mainly trained cardio" for that 2nd fight? If anything, Conor trained leg kicks (like everyone in the MMA world expected he would exploit in the 1st fight).

Conor, for that 1st fight was literally having TWO BREAKFASTS... he was bragging about it in the build-up. Since the fight was at 170lbs (technically), he wasn't minding his diet, etc. He admitted it was a mistake.

John Kavanah (Conor's head coach) - "You've seen him on salads, watch what happens when he's on steaks"
          Last edited by USMCer; 06-21-2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• I don't see McGregor landing anything at all and I don't see him keeping Floyd out. Floyd doesn't really throw KO punches any more, but he's going to land at 75% or more, so I think he closes McGregor's eyes and that forces a stoppage. It's all so silly.

Comment

• Will this happen at some point in the bout?

Conor will stand in the center of the ring... taunting Floyd, as if to say "You're the Boxer, I'm in your sport, why are you waiting for me to chase you?"... knowing that Floyd prefers to counter.

How will the Boxing crowd react to THAT?!

The Irish crowd will rain-down chants "THERE'S ONLY OOOOONE... CONOR McGREGOR!..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                My sister had to make reservations at a local bar to see this fight.

I wont lie people are eating this up.
                You got bets going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                  You got bets going on?
                  30$ lol nothing crazy.

Comment

• How do you see the Mayweather/McGregor event going in the ring?

Been thinking about this thing(probably too much), there has been more questions on this subject than any other in boxing. Trying to keep all things in perspective about this event. First off, if (?) this thing is a real boxing match; McGregor has no say in the matter of the outcome, other than his stamina, heart and chin. He can’t touch Floyd unless Floyd wants him to, McG has no choice in the matter. Believe me he hasn’t come up with a cure for Floyd, the Greatest of this era have tried and failed.
                    “McGregor doesn't even stand a sluggers or lucky punch chance. If Pacquiao, Canelo, Cotto, Marquez, Hatton, Judah, Gatti, etc., et al. couldn't get to him and get lucky why would anyone think that McGregor is gonna get lucky.” Is it because he’s not a boxer and has a style difference from his experience in MMA or Martial Arts; NO not unless it is divinely given to him.
                    But I keep thinking, Mayweather Promotions is part of the event. We all know his Ego and MTM always seems to put on evenly matched bouts. Would he put on a bad show (not counting some of his boxing outings, promoted by others)?
                    Dana White his former gym bag carrier and he have no love lost. Could he really be going to F up McGregor thereby F up the UFC by showing what boxing is all about in hopes of driving more fans to (or back to) boxing and thusly MTM Productions.
                    Mayweather the boxer has the biggest EGO in the world of boxing. So would he carry him for a while (for the show) take a chance on McGregor getting lucky. One thing Mayweather isn’t going to do is lose, period! Especially in his 50th fight to break Marciano’s record and blemish his perfect O.
                    Does he go out and try to make it look good for the show, throwing his patented fast left jab to the body and fast (tapping) jab to the head making the first few rounds look like ‘feeling out rounds’? Can he even make McGregor look good; any real Boxing fan can spot an amateur? Will all his other skills, can McG get down the pro style, footwork, movement, defense, timing and punches of a real pro in this short time period in order to look good?
                    You know all the onsite and online books have been taking a lot of bets on this event. So it can’t have a predetermined outcome that’ why it’s illegal in LV and most everywhere except online to take bets on Wrestling (WWE style).
                    Even though there are penalties (don’t know how big) in McGregor’s contract that he cannot make any MMA or non-boxing moves, so will it still happen forcing a DQ, NC or ND?
                    All you regular contributors give these questions and comments consideration along with your thoughts. Describe what you think will been seen in the ring.
                    I repeat my opinion, McGregor has not say in the outcome of the event other than the afore mentioned DQ or quit. Mayweather will decide what he wants the outcome to be in the ring.
                    A PERSONAL NOTE: I AM NOT A FAN OF THIS EVENT AND NOT A MAYWEATHER FAN. I respect his skills and that he is the GOAT of his division(s) in his era and first ballot IBHOF inductee.

If it had been an option I would have voted NC/ND/DQ line.
                    Last edited by Gunpowdergreg; 06-22-2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Wow. Can't believe real boxing fans even consider this fight real. It's like Tiger woods vs Lebron in a showdown of golf. Just cause both guys put balls in holes don't make it a real matchup.

Comment

Working...
                      X