Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Stops Conor McGregor in The Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard from someone on the radio station TalkSport here in the UK that floyd is gonna carry connor because he gonna get paid by the advertisements in between rounds

if its true that there are commercials in between rounds on ppv shows then i could see that happening

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCer View Post
      Conor is the 0-0 nobody in this equation.
      He's supposed to gets schooled, toyed with, crushed (if not KO'ed)...
      So he'll take the center of ring and wait for his beating.

If Conor wants to be great...???
      If Conor wants to have a chance against Floyd...

Then he WON'T play into Floyd's game, he WON'T chase. He certainly won't charge-in at him recklessly, like a lot of Boxing aficionados assume he will (cuz he's just some "caveman" MMA fighter with no Boxing skills, right?).

Conor will surprise.

(at least for some portion of the early rounds, I think)
      Lol find me a fight where a fighter slowed their pace down from their average and actually did well against Floyd. Everybody who has done decent against Floyd have all been aggressive and overwhelmed him with mix-ups.

Sitting back against Floyd LESSENS your chances at beating him. Are you serious with your analytics, if so, LOL. Canelo, Manny, Guerrero, and Marquez all sat back trying to play Floyd at his patient game and got destroyed. Everyone who is AGGRESSIVE against Floyd did better than expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        Lol find me a fight where a fighter slowed their pace down from their average and actually did well against Floyd. Everybody who has done decent against Floyd have all been aggressive and overwhelmed him with mix-ups.

Sitting back against Floyd LESSENS your chances at beating him. Are you serious with your analytics, if so, LOL. Canelo, Manny, Guerrero, and Marquez all sat back trying to play Floyd at his patient game and got destroyed. Everyone who is AGGRESSIVE against Floyd did better than expected.
        Back to the original post:
        Originally posted by USMCer View Post
        Conor will win the mind games.
        And reminding you what you posted:
        Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        Floyd will just keep dancing in circles and Conor shows he has no will to win by standing doing nothing because he knows he can't hit Floyd without getting countered because he can't box.
        And to highlight what I was getting at:
        So [Conor will]l take the center of ring and wait for his beating.
        ... he WON'T play into Floyd's game, he WON'T chase...

(at least for some portion of the early rounds, I think)
        What else I expect in the fight:
        ...Boxing fans will be surprised by Conor's intelligence. He may or may not succeed, but he'll put out a technical effort. You'll see him try to exploit what worked for Maidana, Zab Judah, De La Hoya, etc.

Watch one of those over-arching Maidana shots loop over Floyd's shoulder and land...

Comment

• floyd should win this within 5 rounds imo. mcgregor doesnt even have 1 pro fight, i dont believe his mma experience will help him that much tbh. however floyd is 40 and didnt fight for 2 years, so conor might have a 10% chance

Comment

• Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
            floyd should win this within 5 rounds imo. mcgregor doesnt even have 1 pro fight, i dont believe his mma experience will help him that much tbh. however floyd is 40 and didnt fight for 2 years, so conor might have a 10% chance
            Ten percent? I'll take that.

Comment

• Tyson fury reckons conor is gonna do floyd within 30 seconds

Comment

• I'm a fan of both. I'll make an event of out the day and support the contest. I'm likely to spend $100 on a Saturday night anyway.

I dream of slipping punches like Floyd. And I admire Conor's striking.

But Fans/Media on both sides are absolutely delusional! I’ve never seen two athletes so revered and deemed untouchable.

Some have made decent points, but I want to talk about what hasn't been said.

1. Nobody's getting knocked out in 10 oz gloves. Bruised? Perhaps. Cut? Maybe. Knocked down? Likely. But you have 10 secs. to get back up.

2. Yes, Floyd can be hit and hurt! Especially in early rounds. And it doesn’t take a wizard.

Maidana- RD 3 (2:59)
                Mosley - RD 2 (2:06 & 1:16)
                Pacquiao - RD 4 (1:25)
                Judah - RD 2 (2:00)

All, with basic punches.

3. No, I don't think Conor has enough power to put him to sleep. This isn’t the UFC where can you finish an opponent with strikes after dropping them.

4. Conor would be a fool to go out there and try to BOX with Floyd. (Boxers know what this means). Floyd beats boxers 49/49 times. 50 is a surety if he's somewhere in Ireland with a boxing coach trying to adopt a proper boxing stance, jab, hook, etc.

He needs to make this a loose FIGHT. And I'm not talking brawling or street fighting. He needs to bring as much of his world (Martial Arts) into the ring as he can. His fight IQ, timing, patience and precision MIGHT help in this fight.

5. "Boxing mistakes" can be an advantage IF controlled and performed purposely. He needs to confuse Floyd or at least take him off of auto pilot.

6. This fight might not break the PPV record. Each fighter brings roughly 1 million buys to the table, based on previous bouts. It would take 3 million buys from casual fans to do what they've projected. With the doubt (board line hate) that's been injected into this contest, I'm not so sure it will happen.

But both fighters are exceptional promoters, I’m sure they’ll bring in some silent viewers. Showtime has the chance to create a Superbowl-esque event, if they put in the effort.

7. The comparisons that people make regarding this fight are ridiculous. This is not Golf vs. Basketball, Apples vs. Peanuts or Pro vs. Amateur.

If you need a comparison, it's more like a scrimmage of football vs. rugby. The best player in the NRL vs the best defense in the NFL.

If you don't need a comparison it's simply MMA (striking) vs. Boxing. That.... to me is interesting.

8. While "most people don't know **** about boxing" that apparently includes boxing judges. They have the ability to really mess this up.

Someone gave Berto 3 RDS! From where I don't know
                Someone gave Canelo 6 RDS! Absurd
                Someone gave Maidana 6 RDS! One more judge who sees it the same can affect a legacy.

9. The Referee is also going to have a impact on this bout.

My prediction:
                I pick Mayweather in the last 6 RDS against anybody (RD12 is nonexistent)

Conor would have to win the first 6 just to get a draw. He'd have to get a 10-8 somewhere to get a win. He'll be dangerous in 1-4 but in boxing that's just not enough. He'll be a puzzle for Floyd, but I don't know if he has enough innovation for 6 rounds. You need a KO or scoring ****-up to beat Floyd and nobody's ever come close.

So on August 26......I'm picking Conor to shock the world! (Lee Corso style baby).

Not because Conor is some combat gawd. But because, there's something to be said about competing past your prime. See Forman, Tyson, Ali, Sugar Ray, Lewis, Duran….

Once you've built an incredible legacy, be content. If you keep showing up, eventually you will lose and that's just a fact of life. Undefeated is not just beating every opponent; undefeated is also knowing when to leave.

Comment

• The fight and whether Mayweather gets a KO is actually pretty irrelevant. IMHO because this fight does a lot to undermine the UFC in terms of earning power and bragging rights whether Dana White will admit it or not. Is there anyone that thinks a top boxer going to the UFC would yield anything? What got us to this point was two personalities talking smack (one of them was actually making a decent paycheck for the risk) and that's what's going to take this fight the rest of the way.

Floyd's greedy and wants to make a monster payday, but I also think he hates ODH and wants to give it to him in his best set of panties. Ha ha ha, and Floyd doesn't even need his traditional dates to upset De La Hoya's applecart.

De La Hoya's got a great fight between two great champions, but neither of them could trash talk a hamster. Sorry, but that's just reality, boxing need trash, carnival and idiotic bravado to grow beyond its base of support, so does the UFC. It's really unfortunate that only two people get that.

Comment

• What's the over under on how many straight right hands Mcgregor eats in rounds 1-6?

Comment

• Look at this dude box, Such mad skillz lolololol

Such Majesty lolololol

Comment

Working...
                      X