Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do People Hate Floyd for Running, But Love Muhammad Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do People Hate Floyd for Running, But Love Muhammad Ali?

I mean, the young Ali, who was the best fighter in the history of the heavyweight division, never threw a body shot and mostly did a lot of jabbing, ducking, and dodging in the ring.

He was proud of it.

He wrote rhymes about how fast he was and how he couldn't be hit.

Why is that okay for Ali, but Floyd's supposed to just stand in the middle of the ring and fight like he's Siri Salido?

Not sure if this a joke or not?

Comment

He was a HW is likely part of it. He had more charisma then Floyd. He was just generally more likeable & geniune than Floyd. But yea one could argue its unfair, but sh^t is rarely an equal opportunity situation & there are often other things that make this okay & that not okay with fans.

Comment

There's a difference between having defense and "running." You should know the difference if you're gonna post on a boxing forum, baby boy.

Comment

LOL Ali knocked people out, or cut them to shreds. Floyd hasn't KO'd anyone since he starched Hatton in 2007.
          And only two since Sharma Mitchell in 2005.

Comment

I've never considered Floyd a runner. He does use his legs but a lot of the time he's right there in front of his opponent. It's not his problem they can't do anything about it or cut the ring off well enough when he does move.

Floyd being a runner is one of boxings biggest myths.

Comment

Only morons say Floyd runs. They dksab obviously. He fights primarily in the pocket since using the Money persona, hence the shoulder roll defense that he's known for. When he was younger he moved more, but since he got knockouts back then they liked the Pretty Boy persona. Only butthurt losers call him a runner since their favorite boxer couldn't cut off the ring or hit him. It started with the De La Hoya fight and carried through from one butthurt fanbase to another.

Comment

people just hate floyd for his attitude, he learned from the mistakes of ali. he doesnt do everything people want from him, thats why they hate him. casuals want him to stay in front of pac like margacheato and eat 1000 combinations, then they will love him

Comment

Easy. Ali had charisma, Floyd is corny. Very corny. And annoying as hell.

Comment

I think the perception with Floyd, and I'm not saying I agree, but I think the perception with him is that he always makes sure he has some kind of advantage in the fight.

For example, he fought Canelo at catchweight, he fought an old and past his prime Shane Mosley, a past his prime Oscar De La Hoya, he wouldn't let Maidana wear Cleto gloves, he fought a past his prime Pacquiao and again dictated the gloves, JMM at catchweight, Ricky Hatton at catchweight, an argument can be made he ducked both Paul Williams and Paul Spadafora, etc. etc.

In Ali's case, the guy fought everybody and in most cases, in dominating fashion. He made the best boxers of his day, some of the best that ever lived, look like fools and he fought them in their primes. Among heavyweights, it's my opinion he had the greatest footwork, hand speed, and chin that division ever saw. He could literally hit you 4 or 5 times in the time it takes you to blink.

So, I think it's a matter of perception in Floyd's case.

Comment

Working...
                    X