No announcement yet.

Why didn't Hagler challenge himself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Dick Tiger was the champ at MW, moved up to LHW and became the champ there too.

Maybe Greb? Mickey Walker (his weight jumping was hard to follow)?

Gonna be a short list though. All the old timey weight jumps were hard.

If you are talking champs who just moved up without winning the LHW title then the list would be longer.
    Yes it's a very short list but the OP can't seem to grasp this. Not only was Hagler Middleweight champ he was a unified champion. The incentive to move up wasn't there. Robert Duran who is one of my favorite fighters moved up for the money and because of weight issues. Gotta compare apples to apples.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      I bet when Wilder wins tonight you're going to be screaming "Black Power" with your fist in the air. Bet!!

Yes, he's facing another black guy tonight but you know who's the relevant one.
      Insecure ass, lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        Insecure ass, lmao.
        I'm pretty confident. You really don't know me lol.

It's people like you that are insecure since you really don't have anything relevant to come back with, people like you play the "you're a racist/bigot" card.

Wilder won so congrats to him so go suck him off while hating on Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          I'm pretty confident. You really don't know me lol.

It's people like you that are insecure since you really don't have anything relevant to come back with, people like you play the "you're a racist/bigot" card.

Wilder won so congrats to him so go suck him off while hating on Golovkin.
          Gayest post of the year, lmao. Go get an education moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
            Gayest post of the year, lmao. Go get an education moron.
            Better to be in a classroom than a BLM/Antifa march.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              How can any MWs have proved themselves to be great when Hagler was that dominant?
              You can still have fighters deemed, by their contemporaries, to be great. No one thinks of Minter, Antuo and whoever else as great. Now some were still very good fighters and this isnt an argument about Haglers place at middleweight.

You would have to see the full discussion between me and john to understand why this arose.

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
                We just gonna have to agree to disagree I have already pointed out why Haggler is CLEAR ATG but what ever.
                I never said he wasnt an ATG, quite the opposite actually lol

The discussion is about why Hagler didnt fight at LHW like most great MW champs before.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  Ok give me the names of all the Unified Middleweight Champions that moved up. Not guys that once held a title.
                  Robinson
                  Hopkins
                  Fitzsimmons
                  Flowers
                  Tiger
                  could mention Leonard himself although he never fought at the full lhw limit

etc etc

Comment

• Originally posted by buddyr View Post
                    ok thanks. cuz I could have swore he had fights at 47 and 54. I guess I was wrong. Thanks again for the correction
                    so what does that mean?? anyway you look at it Duran fought 25 lbs over his division and Hagler did not fight one ounce over his division

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      Robinson
                      Hopkins
                      Fitzsimmons
                      Flowers
                      Tiger
                      could mention Leonard himself although he never fought at the full lhw limit

etc etc
                      You may want to recheck your list. I think only Fitzimmons was undisputed. In any event that's a very short list you came up withafter you said...
                      The discussion is about why Hagler didnt fight at LHW like most great MW champs before.
                      Last edited by TonyGe; 11-05-2017, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X