Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart of a bull in this guy. Much respect to Bradley

Comment

I wasn't much of a fan but the heart, grit, determination and skillset he showed against Pac, Provo and JMM made me a fan and at one stage, he was the best welter outside of Pac/May.

It's sad that we never got to see him against Khan or Mayweather but hey, he had a good career.

Comment

Good decision. He's been in some wars and was starting to show it. Boxing is not a sport to hang around too long in. He's made his money, time to enjoy it.

Not quite HOF-worthy for me but he had a very good career nonetheless and has much to be proud of. Enjoy retirement champ.

Comment

He had a very good career and that first Pacquiao fight was a lot closer than some want to admit. It wasn't the pure robbery people say. Not saying Bradley won, but Pacquiao was missing for a lot of the fight, watch it without biased HBO commentary.

Very talented fighter but probably time to retire if he feels like it. I think that Provodnikov fight took something out of him too. He always looked a bit more vulnerable after that one. If he's got plenty of money and achieved what he wanted in the ring, there's no point in carrying on to end up getting KO'd by someone who couldn't lace his gloves at one point, because that was coming.
          Last edited by TheBigLug; 08-06-2017, 05:19 AM.

Comment

We need to hear what Bradley's wife has to say first before we know his retirement is official.

But seriously Bradley had a great career. Had a great run at 140, he could have done more at 147, but he was already looking for big money fights when he moved up. I think he still had a lot left in the tank and he could have really tested Thurman and Spence. He could have still beaten guys like Porter, D. Garcia, Horn, Khan, and Broner, but he decided to retire. I respect that.

Funny how we were lead to believe that Pac vs. Bradley III would be Pac's last fight, but it ended up being Bradley last. I wish him the best.

Comment

bradley in hes young hungry lion days would beat a lomachenko based on how hungry he was. and he did have skill and used to train very hard. a bit of a body builder, but still a great boxer in my eyes. enjoy your retirement champ. witter fight was great.

Comment

[QUOTE=soul_survivor;17924017]I wasn't much of a fan but the heart, grit, determination and skillset he showed against Pac, Provo and JMM made me a fan and at one stage, he was the best welter outside of Pac/May.

He was a beast at 140 and ok at 147. No was was he the 3rd best at 147. I love Tim but he is way overrated at welter.

I have my reasons why I think people rate him so high here and on Espn. But that's another story.

Similar to Andre Ward in many ways style wise just a little more crude. Like Ward mixed with Shawn Porter. He could box at times but he could go to war just as well.

Anyway god bless the bald man and his retirement.
                I still remember the Kendal Holt fight. That was one of my favorites from desert storm.
                Last edited by Mrsantiago; 08-06-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Best of luck champ. You gave us some very entertaining fights. Enjoy life with your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    People really going to give Bradley a pass for avoiding half the WW division while he was there? He ducked Khan at 140 FFS.

Top Rank fighters get away with avoiding fighters from other promotions. Shit is ridiculous.
                    i agree with you lol i was just being a bit sarcastic....

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                      Why certainly not? I just don't understand what is wrong on this board.

He only lost to Pacquiao.

In my book he might really have a better record than Andre Ward who is a certain HOF on this board.

Wins over Junior Witter, Casamayor, Holt, JMM, Manny, Nate Campbell beat undefeated fighters like Alexander, Lamont Peterson, Jessie Vargas.
                      Because he's just not good enough. He has a solid resume yes, but is it HOF worthy? Maybe my standards are too high.

Don Curry isn't in the HOF.

Marlon Starling, Lloyd Honeyghan, Buddy McGirt, Micheal Nunn etc, all really good fighters of their era like Bradley

Go back even further you've got Salica, Overlin, Lytell the list goes on and on.

Bradley is a good fighter but he's not HOF level. But the standards are pretty low these days. After all, Mark Too Sharp Johnson is in there so who knows.

In 5 years time the ballot is going to consist of Marquez, Klitschko, Cotto and probably Mayweather and Pacquaio so I think him getting in is unlikely atleast on the first ballot anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X