No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    I wasn't much of a fan but the heart, grit, determination and skillset he showed against Pac, Provo and JMM made me a fan and at one stage, he was the best welter outside of Pac/May.

It's sad that we never got to see him against Khan or Mayweather but hey, he had a good career.
    ... Yes... the same here.................

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      People really going to give Bradley a pass for avoiding half the WW division while he was there? He ducked Khan at 140 FFS.

Top Rank fighters get away with avoiding fighters from other promotions. Shit is ridiculous.
      yeah, he declined a fight with khan to fight pac. So he fought a better opponent for more $ . meanwhile khan spent yrs ducking the best in the welter weight division while waiting for fights with pac or mayweather that never happened. There was another opportunity for them to fight but then khan turned it down which was why vargas wound up getting the shot vs Bradley for a vacant title.

Comment

Great career and only officially has lost to Manny Pacquiao. Had a real slugfest with Provodnikov that will be remembered. Shame though that we never saw him against Cotto or Khan. Would have really enjoyed those match ups

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
          yeah, he declined a fight with khan to fight pac. So he fought a better opponent for more $ . meanwhile khan spent yrs ducking the best in the welter weight division while waiting for fights with pac or mayweather that never happened. There was another opportunity for them to fight but then khan turned it down which was why vargas wound up getting the shot vs Bradley for a vacant title.
          Wrong he ducked Khan to fight Casamayor. Bradley's excuse was "what if I lose?"

At no time during Bradley's ducking of Khan was a Pacquiao fight certain. Even when he got the fight with Pacquiao it was only because the negotiations with Cotto failed.
          Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 08-06-2017, 07:34 AM.

Comment

At no time during Bradley's ducking of Khan was a Pacquiao fight certain. Even when he got the fight with Pacquiao it was only because the negotiations with Cotto failed.
            literally nothing you said there was true. Lol. Seriously, do you think khan strikes fear in the heart of anyone, nevertheless Bradley??

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
              literally nothing you said there was true. Lol. Seriously, do you think khan strikes fear in the heart of anyone, nevertheless Bradley??
              It's all true. Didn't you follow boxing at the time?

Comment

Respect to Bradley.

Thank you for the memories, the great fights and for entertaining us. I'm glad he appreciates the fans. Bradley is a class act. I wish he and his family the best.

Looking forward to seeing more of Bradley behind the mic during broadcasting of fights.

Comment

People really going to give Bradley a pass for avoiding half the WW division while he was there? He ducked Khan at 140 FFS.

Top Rank fighters get away with avoiding fighters from other promotions. Shit is ridiculous.

You've got a guy who has a master resume, arguably better than Golovkin, better than Ward, better than Lomachenko, and yet still doesn't get the respect he deserves because of ONE fight that wouldn't have elevated him anyway.

This is the problem with boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    You've got a guy who has a master resume, arguably better than Golovkin, better than Ward, better than Lomachenko, and yet still doesn't get the respect he deserves because of ONE fight that wouldn't have elevated him anyway.

This is the problem with boxing fans.
                    You smoking crack. His resume isn't that good.

Comment

Enjoy retirement, champ. God bless

Comment

Working...
                      X