Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor: Calling Me a Racist Ridiculous; Mayweather Responds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
    Ah right, I didnt see that bit. If anyone is going to say something stupid then it's Mcgregor. I don't think hes racist in any sense of not liking black people but he's not sensitive . I know he's insulted Brazilians and Christians too. He called Diaz a cholo if I remember rightly. I can see there being trouble at this fight too. The two sets of fans are totally polarised. Hopefully people remember this is a circus where the two fighters are in fact doing the kindest thing for the other guy. Making them tons of money.
    I'm being honest I know he ain't racist. It's fun to talk about though lmao. The hype around this fight is unbelievable. This fight has the potential to bring thousands of new fans into boxing if Floyd fights like Pretty Boy Floyd. Pretty BOY Floyd how ironic lmao...

Comment

People are stupid, that's why the world is in the shape it's in. Easy to be manipulated/taken advantage of.

Comment

Now it's about race?? No, it's about MONEY, & that's what these clowns hope to generate a lot of in this; the biggest circus on earth. Get that paper, fellas!

Comment

They are selling a PPV Fight, just as most of the guys on this board say racist sh|t, they dont mean to be racist, they are just trying to play the bad guy roll, and of course a white boy talking sh|t vs a black guy talking sh|t is gonna sell, if they only sell HALF of what may/pac sold, they are making MONEY. BOTH benefit from this SHOW............................AND IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE FIGHT, FLOYD IS GONNA SAY, "I'll whip your @ss in an MMA match", then they will get paid again next year or around christmas this year...

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
            Here we go with the double standards.

“Today he came out and did it again. You do not disrespect – I don’t care if it’s white women, black women, white men, black men, Latina or Latino, you don’t disrespect people

"As soon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little yellow chump.
            "That's not racist, calling someone who is yellow, yellow is just stating facts" - robbie w/e isaac clarke goes by now

Comment

Racism is not the way to sell this event. I just want to say a few things about Boxers (not boxing) and racism. I am from the south, South Carolina to be exact. I got involved in boxing at age 8 (1968) in Charleston, SC. I was introduced to boxing by a Cuban friend of mine who boxed and father was a pro boxer. I didn't even know what racism was back then, in my gym were Latinos, blacks, whites, Asians and all of the above. We were kids and we boxed, some better than others but regardless of race we helped each other. I went to school at Dorchester Elementary on Dorchester Rd and there were few if any non-whites in my school and I always wondered why other kids in my neighborhood went to different schools, there were only a few black and Latinos in our neighborhood then, in the summer we all played marbles and caught crawfish in the creeks together.

When I moved to Greenville, SC in 1971, I was in private Christian School for 2 years, I didn't know why and nobody in school did except for the Christian part. Eventually, I was introduced into public school that was when I figured out there was racism but it was both ways, we were divide into groups of our own ethnicity by us, we divided ourselves, although I always had friends throughout the groups. High School was something different and even worse as we were the first year of integration, I saw my first death in the beginning of the year in the lunch room when someone tried to cut in line and got knifed. I had no problem surviving, it's not that I didn't take sides, I did, all sides, whoever I thought was right.

In Baseball and Boxing there was no racism, we were a team, a boxing gym is as much of a team as a baseball team, or at least that's the way it used to be in gyms. We sparred young, old, amateur, pro, black, white, yellow; it didn't matter. And from Fly to Super we all helped and learned from each other. At the Phyllis Wheatly Center Boxing Club there was no racism, the late Silas Epps (Carolina's Boxing HOF) saw to that. He had two sons boxing at the time Lonnie (Top 5 USBA LHW 1978-1985) and Robbie (31-4) Professional Middleweight Contender in the late 70's early 80's and there was no deference shown regardless. Lonnie and I were both LHW, even though I was Novice and he was on the US Boxing Team he gave you what you could handle and you gave all you had, that's the way it was in the gym, regardless of race, weight, or experience. If someone crossed any hard fast rules Silas handled it without preference, blood on the canvas all looks the same.

I quit amateur boxing in the early 1980's but I have been to many matches, gyms and neighborhood street matches and the one thing I have seen very little of is Racism among fighters in Boxing. Growing up in the south as I and being middle poor class you would think that saw a lot of Racism, it was all around(MLK was killed the year I stared boxing) but it wasn't with the boxers themselves. Boxers know the pain and hard work it takes to box and as such there has always been respect among us regardless of color.

I don't know about the MMA-UFC group; maybe yes, maybe no. I was into Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido and Kickboxing for many years after and I never saw racism there, my mentor the late Belvin Eves steadfastly taught respect for all. So where does this come from or am I missing something here? I know that this is hyperbole and BS from the two camps but I hope that they don't turn the event into a race plagued event like Cooney/Holmes, it was bad then and would be bad now, not just for the sport but for everyone.
              Last edited by Gunpowdergreg; 07-14-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                I'm being honest I know he ain't racist. It's fun to talk about though lmao. The hype around this fight is unbelievable. This fight has the potential to bring thousands of new fans into boxing if Floyd fights like Pretty Boy Floyd. Pretty BOY Floyd how ironic lmao...
                Yeah, let's hope the crowd stay sensible if they play up the race angle though. Yeah Pretty Boy Floyd. Well spotted lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  Que racist tirade on Manny Pacqiuiao

This video shows it all. There is no misquote here, these are direct words from Mayweather. Coner also needs to STFU with his comments. Race relations get fuked with these types of situations. Boxing doesnt need it, it is toxic to the sport. People say race sells but it doesnt sell, it divides, hate grows as the result.
                  Last edited by richardt; 07-14-2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

"So much for the rivalry! Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor share private jet for flight from New York to London hours after almost coming to blows"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...plane-10798215

Comment

Yet they arrived together in the same jet for their next circus act lol

Comment

Working...
                      X