Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Davis vs. Salido Being Eyed For Mayweather-McGregor PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Davis is a champion. It's a double standard. Either Salido is shot with nothing left in the tank and irrelevant or he's still competitive and has some good fights left in him. Pick one, but you can't have it both ways.
    Are champions all as good as each other?

Clearly, Loma is much better fighter than Davis, champion or not

You can argue you should treat champions similarly, but honestly, Davis is a paper champion until he proves himself, and should be judged that way

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Are champions all as good as each other?

Clearly, Loma is much better fighter than Davis, champion or not

You can argue you should treat champions similarly, but honestly, Davis is a paper champion until he proves himself, and should be judged that way
      You try telling that to the Loma haters. If Davis beats Salido he gets credit for doing something Loma didn't do, if Loma takes a rematch and beats Salido he is accused to beating a has-been.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        You try telling that to the Loma haters. If Davis beats Salido he gets credit for doing something Loma didn't do, if Loma takes a rematch and beats Salido he is accused to beating a has-been.
        I wouldn't worry so much about what those posters would think

Davis isn't going to leapfrog into the divisional limelight for beating a much older Salido. Loma is head and shoulders above the rest

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Again, which fighter at 126 has fought Lomachenko? I'll wait!
          your not one of those are you??? FKN EVERYONE scurred... Damn your dumb. Tell your mental midget quit fkn retiring then. All he does is talk, talk,talk. Fights 1 time and then... RETIRES. I mean takes a vacation for over a year.

Comment

How do you fight LSC, Mares, and Frampton, if they don't want that work? Abner Mares fought LSC in August 2015. He didn't fight again until until he fought Cuellar in December 2016! And now he's fighting LSC when? But you didn't mention that. Lee Selby fought Eric Hunter in April 2016. His next fight was versus Andoni Gago in March 2017! But you didn't mention that. I know thereare a lot of people who are not satisfied with GRJ's productivity, but all I will ask is which fighter has fought Vasyl Lomachenko? Was it Rigo, LSC, Frampton, Selby, Valdez, or GRJ?
            Also who the FUK has Russell beat thats so F'n GREAT your willing to look like a RTARD for??? His best win is agasint 100 year old Jhonny Gonzalez. Cue your dumb triangle response about Mares.

Comment

• I personally prefer something a lot tougher for Davis-- maybe a strong, top 5, 135 lber. I don'think Floyd and Arum would be willing to work together for a Davis-Loma fight, not this year at least. I'm a fan of both fighters.

Salido is a waste of time for Davis (although Salido is the only guy to beat Loma professionally). It's not too bad as a stay busy fight, however.

Comment

• Suggested this right after he beat Liam Walsh! Very smart move to give Salido a bigger offer than likely what Arum was offering to get him to fight Davis on a HUGE STAGE like that! That will likely be the best fight and most competitive fight on the Card

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  your not one of those are you??? FKN EVERYONE scurred... Damn your dumb. Tell your mental midget quit fkn retiring then. All he does is talk, talk,talk. Fights 1 time and then... RETIRES. I mean takes a vacation for over a year.
                  Why haven't you applied that standard to Mares or Selby? Should we apply that standard to Rigo too? GRJ has lost once, and that was to a fighter ranked in the Top 10 P4P. That guy moved up a weight class because no one else in that weight class wanted that work! Has LSC, Frampton, Mares, or Selby, ever fought a fighter in the P4P Top 10?

Comment

• I personally prefer something a lot tougher for Davis-- maybe a strong, top 5, 135 lber. I don'think Floyd and Arum would be willing to work together for a Davis-Loma fight, not this year at least. I'm a fan of both fighters.

Salido is a waste of time for Davis (although Salido is the only guy to beat Loma professionally). It's not too bad as a stay busy fight, however.
                    Every young fighter can benefit from facing an experienced, crafty(dirty) opponent early in their career. Salido is no pushover, he gave Garcia and Loma problems. I doubt Davis will be able to blast him out like he did Walsh.....

Comment

Why haven't you applied that standard to Mares or Selby? Should we apply that standard to Rigo too? GRJ has lost once, and that was to a fighter ranked in the Top 10 P4P. That guy moved up a weight class because no one else in that weight class wanted that work! Has LSC, Frampton, Mares, or Selby, ever fought a fighter in the P4P Top 10?
                      Both Frampton and Leo grace the P4P top 10. Some have them even ranked P4P top 10 STILL.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...takes-top-spot

But back to Gary??? Again how do you fight someone who only fights once a year???

What work??? I would bet Leo to beat him. Rig. ALL DAY!!! Mares 60/40. If odds right I would put $$$ on Mares. Selby?? He's worse than all of the above....

You know what would make a SHT ton of $$$$$ Gary Russell vs. Frampton in NYC on St. Patty's Day!!!!

I could dig him against both MexiCANS in Sept. or May.

BUT he has to QUIT RETIRING.

Comment

Working...
                      X