Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: If I Finished Jacobs, Probably Don't Have Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Power equals respect: You have to respect GGG otherwise risk going to sleep. Jacobs was let off the hook and GGG says it in not those exact words but that's what he means.
    Of course he gave him respect, the man does have power but it's not like Earnie Shavers power or George Foreman where he's knocking guys out cold with one punch!

Now that Jacobs knows he can take the punches, in a rematch I think he'd hurt GGG Not to say he'll knockout him but hurt!

Lmao @ you saying he let Jacobs off the hook!

Not even he believes that, Jacobs was giving him that work and if Jacobs would've dropped or hurt then let me guess he'd say, I let Jacobs drop and hurt me to get the Canelo fight!

Just admit, you and all them other GGG fans thought Golovkin was gonna easily KO Jacobs but The Miracle Man himself showed Golovkin how to earn it and he barely did!

By round 8 Golovkin was actually getting a bit dirty which showed Jacobs was working him and put him totally out of his element of fighting bums and welterweights!

See, this is called when you fight someone who's isn't afraid and won't take no for an answer!

He looks indestructible against part time cashiers and guys on house arrest but when he faced Danny Jacobs who is own trainer said they would KO him early and don't then he looks like a complete asshat!

I guarantee GGG thinks Canelo is scared of him and will KO him but we saw what happened totally opposite against Jacobs!

Lol Jacobs was force feeding him 4 piece combos of hard leather and yelling in his face!

Canelo is gonna empty that gas tank till his punches goes from cinder block to cocoa puffs by round 9 and he'll be clueless!

All he knows is jab, jab, feint with the left hook then straight rignt, or jab , jab step in then left hook downstairs, and if you can't stop the jab then he'll just spam jabs and attack the body!

There's so many ways Canelo can counter that and he's gonna show you and GGG that in September!

Comment

Originally posted by hein1961 View Post
      Did anyone notice the condition of GGG Jacobs after the fight. Jabobs face went through a meat grinder and GGG......NO. Also Jacobs fell in his corner after ther 12th. He was DONE. I admire he held his own and made it evenly matched fight. I wonder if he knocks Canelo out within the first few rounds you haters out there will give him his due!
      Nice 1 post...whos alt are you? Oh, btw, do you recall a certain injury that golovkin had after that fight? Isn't that he supposedly wasn't signing to fight Saunders?

Comment

So many people had to come in here and explain what Golovkin was trying to say. This is the reason he won't be anything else more than a one trick pony. His claim to fame was he knocked everybody out and people were afraid of him. The Jacobs fight changed all that. Canelo used that to his advantage to get the fight made and even had Golovkin acknowledging that he's the B side. It's up to Golovkin to avoid being Canelo's cherry pick and win in a spectacular fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
          Of course he gave him respect, the man does have power but it's not like Earnie Shavers power or George Foreman where he's knocking guys out cold with one punch!

Now that Jacobs knows he can take the punches, in a rematch I think he'd hurt GGG Not to say he'll knockout him but hurt!

Lmao @ you saying he let Jacobs off the hook!

Not even he believes that, Jacobs was giving him that work and if Jacobs would've dropped or hurt then let me guess he'd say, I let Jacobs drop and hurt me to get the Canelo fight!

Just admit, you and all them other GGG fans thought Golovkin was gonna easily KO Jacobs but The Miracle Man himself showed Golovkin how to earn it and he barely did!

By round 8 Golovkin was actually getting a bit dirty which showed Jacobs was working him and put him totally out of his element of fighting bums and welterweights!

See, this is called when you fight someone who's isn't afraid and won't take no for an answer!

He looks indestructible against part time cashiers and guys on house arrest but when he faced Danny Jacobs who is own trainer said they would KO him early and don't then he looks like a complete asshat!

I guarantee GGG thinks Canelo is scared of him and will KO him but we saw what happened totally opposite against Jacobs!

Lol Jacobs was force feeding him 4 piece combos of hard leather and yelling in his face!

Canelo is gonna empty that gas tank till his punches goes from cinder block to cocoa puffs by round 9 and he'll be clueless!

All he knows is jab, jab, feint with the left hook then straight rignt, or jab , jab step in then left hook downstairs, and if you can't stop the jab then he'll just spam jabs and attack the body!

There's so many ways Canelo can counter that and he's gonna show you and GGG that in September!
          Good analysis...anyone who thinks that kid is scared of golovkin is fooling themselves. Canelo has that look in his eyes, almost like the thousand yard stare...that kid ain't scared.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            NEW YORK Going 12 rounds in his last fight and showing some more flaws helped his cause. That's the silver lining Gennady Golovkin took away from the most difficult fight of his career three months ago. According to Golovkin, had Daniel Jacobs not survived that fourth-round knockdown March 18 at Madison Square Garden, Canelo Alvarez "probably" wouldn't have finally agreed to fight him.
            [Click Here To Read More]

these rubbish comments are why nobody will miss Golovkin

that whole team doesn't possess an ounce of class

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Wow a well written piece of nonfiction. Well done.
              Fixed that for you, thank me later!

Comment

I think GGG will be the one to have success early, he's very aggressive and likes to come forward!
                I think he's going to be patient and use the jab until Canelo shows he can negate it and he will in spots - by countering with body shots.

This will play exactly into Canelo's hands who likes to see what his opponents like to do and don't do for a few rounds then he turns it up as he counters more and more!
                I agree. Canelo's strength is when his opponents come to him and he counters. So I can't argue that. But we have see how well he can handle a flush punch by a true MW.

The Jacobs fight showed how predictable GGG is.
                I thought the size of Jacobs with skill bothered GGG. I don't really think that influences the fight and can Canelo bounce around like that for 12? He has to sit down to punch. Jacobs showed he could punch without sitting down.

This time it will be from someone who's a better combination puncher and with faster hands!
                Everybody has a plan until they get hit.

Golovkin doesn't give a damn and that will be his undoing, him trusting his chin will catch up to him and it will be this fight! I think he rocks Canelo early and gets close to finish but Canelo will bounce back and start to ease in more of the fight!
                Nah...he's not going to have his chin out against Canelo. He'll fight off the jab and be cautious, at first...

Once he picks up what GGG wants to do and what he doesn't want to do..it'll be a wrap!

Golovkin isnt a good defender, he puts his gloves near his waist at times, he loses focus at times, ducks his head in too much especially when in a clinch, he doesnt move quick laterally, and has no power on his punches when you give him movement!

his foot speed is slow, hand speed slow, his power is mitigated when you come on the inside with him, his reactions to body shots is telling, and he cant fight off the backfoot well!
                Basically, Canelo needs to focus on the body, which he does every fight. I don't think GGG is this one trick pony. His pressure and shifting (ability to cut off the ring) is more mentally exhausting than anything. That will be impressive if Canelo can stay focused and overcome those two things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                  He couldn't finish Jacobs if he wanted too.
                  Based on what? Jacobs was knocked senseless before

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                    Yeah lol I got some h0mo p@ctard all butthurt, so he was a b1tch and red k'd me.... thats a puzzy for you
                    That didn't turn you red bro, that's an excuse.

I am definitely more credible than you and that's one indicator for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      That didn't turn you red bro, that's an excuse.

I am definitely more credible than you and that's one indicator for you.
                      I was green yesterday, doesn't matter...im not here to impress anyone, and how the **** are you more credible? Because you'd suck an swallow kovalevs load?
                      Last edited by Metho_4u; 06-22-2017, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X