Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: If I Finished Jacobs, Probably Don't Have Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
    Differences

Mayweather=best of this generation
    Lara=solid B+ or A level fighter, hard to fight.
    Trout=undefeated, had a very hard time with Canelos head movement
    Cotto=4 weight champ future HOFer, beat the hell out of the same guy golovkin did, took less punches, stopped him only 1 rd later with Geale weighing 185 on fight night vs Cotto in the 150's.

Better resume is Canelo...period.
    His resume isn't going to be taking flush shots on the jaw and liver. His resume means nothing on fight night.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      His resume isn't going to be taking flush shots on the jaw and liver. His resume means nothing on fight night.
      Don't think so? Is that what you said about kovalev too?

Comment

• Canelo Fan Buying the Brovado, But I remember Willie Monroe. What Changed? Age.

Canelo suddenly Bravado with GGG stems from hope he aged enough. They wouldn't even risk fighting Monroe. At first, winner of Rosado v Monroe would be Canelo 160 tune up, well until monroe showed them it'd be tough.

First they say yea:

http://www.boxingscene.com/monroe-de...rs-say--108909

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...o-alvarez-next

“He definitely deserves the fight with Canelo or with any of the champions at 160,” Gomez said. “He’s a very good fighter, a very good boxer."

"He [Monroe] definitely deserves it."

BUT THEN THEY REALIZED SOMETHING, MONROE MAY MAKE IT DIFFICULT ON HIM THAN ON GGG. THEY COMPARED IT TO LARA. WYF!

"[Canelo] is never going to fight with Monroe. He doesn't fight or allows a fight to happen. You have to keep going after him to catch him. If that's the case [to go up against that kind of style], it's better for us to fight with Erislandy Lara," Reynoso said.

WHAT, MONROE, NO, MAY AS WELL FIGHT LARA. DID THEY FIGHT LARA, NO, THEY FOUGHT CHAVEZ. They knew if Canelo couldnt finish Monroe like GGG did, it'd look bad. GGG blew him up, didn't need it to come to him. They semi-ducked Monroe.

Don't forget, Canelo said he'd fight Golovkin "if I had too." Lol! That's a far cry from the current I dream of it.

Originally posted by Mirus View Post
        Ha ha . It is very funny that even Canelo said that "look at the opponent of Golovkin, he fights against bums". Canelo said this when GGG defeated mandatory boxer Wade. But even though GGG was mandatory to Canelo's belt, Canelo picked chinny tiny Amir Khan. Lol. Who fights bums?
        Exactly. Canelo team let it slip they viewed Monroe as too difficult.
        Last edited by Progrssive_Jedi; 06-22-2017, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Don't think so? Is that what you said about kovalev too?
          No. I wasn't sure who would win. To be honest I don't like the tactics Ward has used in the past so I'm not a fan of his. Personally I think G has the better resume when you factor in all his amature fights. At this stage of their careers it's irrevelant.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            No. I wasn't sure who would win. To be honest I don't like the tactics Ward has used in the past so I'm not a fan of his. Personally I think G has the better resume when you factor in all his amature fights. At this stage of their careers it's irrevelant.
            Lol alrighty then

Comment

• GGG is going to make easy work of Canelo. Just with GGG's jab alone, I say he dominates just like he did with Jacobs...that GGG jab is lethal but nothing compared to Kovalev's jab. Kovalev's jab are like uppercuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by PolitikDitto View Post
                worse

kovalev was actually competitive. little g will be completely outclassed.
                Ha ha Canelita will look like Lemieux. Golovkin will outbox then knock Canelita out.

Comment

Ok, well maybe he's actually just being honest and saying Ward would be too much for him, which would be true.

Everyone complains about Jacobs' weight on fight night. Ward would've been about 185 if it were at 168. According to all of the experts here, that means Jacobs and Ward are the same size had it been at 168....so, what's golovkins excuse there? Isn't Jacobs 6'1 or so? And Ward is also 6'1 Golovkin is 5'10. You see the hypocrisy here?
                  Damn... Jacobs is thin near Ward. Even Jacobs was bigger than GGG then Ward would be much more bigger. Do you imagine?

Comment

The Khan fight was for money, just like we ALL know that's what the brook fight was for golovkin, lets not try to pick apart too much here because golovkin just has not been in with better opposition.
                    Golovkin wouln't fight Brook if there were some mandatory fighter. And GGG could miss his date on HBO if he didn't fight Brook. It was Eubanks' fault. They wasted GGG's time. But Canelo was not in the same situation. In other words, Canelo ducked GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                      He has. But GGG looked average against him. He will be exposed again the same way Kov was against Ward, when he fights Canelo.
                      Average? So average fighters beat Jacobs and almost ko him? Do they win 19 title fights in a row all but one by knockout? Keep dreaming that delusion.
                      Last edited by Boxing Goat; 06-23-2017, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X