No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder's skills exposed by Atlas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    This is the guy America thinks can take AJ?

How long ago was that fight? That's why I am not a fan of Wilder. Looks like a regular street brawler in there.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      I thought we were all already in agreement that AJ should be favored against Wilder and that Wilder isn't more technical or more skilled than AJ. However, with Wilder...it literally only takes one punch. The man can concuss you with the first punch he lands. That's a scary thought.
      So erm, Wilder's fights in the last 2 years:

Stiverne = R12 UD
      Molina = R9 KO
      Duhaupas = R11 TKO
      Szpilka = R9 KO
      Arreola = R8 RTD
      Washington = R5 TKO

The guy 'literally only takes one punch' and 'can concuss you with the first punch he lands', so I take it he didn't land 1 clean punch against Stiverne (actually, he had a broken hand so i'll overlook that 1 fight)? Took 9 rounds to land a clean punch on Molina? 11 rounds on Duhaupas...

If he truly has such 1 punch power that he can end a fight with a single punch then his fundamentals must be so bad that he cannot land 1 single flush punch until the later rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        How long ago was that fight? That's why I am not a fan of Wilder. Looks like a regular street brawler in there.
        They fought in January 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Boxing is about making it work and it does not have to be text book or conventional to be very effective or hard to deal with.

Yea Wilder will get knocked out eventually because all it takes it one shot at the wrong time but pretty much any heavyweight will eventually get knocked out no matter what you think of their skill because heavyweight boxing is not generally a game of skills. It is generally a game of range and power. So that is not exactly saying some kind of revolutionary thing~
          You mean knocked down, right? There are some heavyweights who have never been KOed.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            They fought in January 2016.
            Damn. I thought it would have been earlier. Now I see why he wasn't been pushing for certain fights.

Comment

last year i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
                So erm, Wilder's fights in the last 2 years:

Stiverne = R12 UD
                Molina = R9 KO
                Duhaupas = R11 TKO
                Szpilka = R9 KO
                Arreola = R8 RTD
                Washington = R5 TKO

The guy 'literally only takes one punch' and 'can concuss you with the first punch he lands', so I take it he didn't land 1 clean punch against Stiverne (actually, he had a broken hand so i'll overlook that 1 fight)? Took 9 rounds to land a clean punch on Molina? 11 rounds on Duhaupas...

If he truly has such 1 punch power that he can end a fight with a single punch then his fundamentals must be so bad that he cannot land 1 single flush punch until the later rounds?
                His power is overrated.... I'm not even convinced he hits harder than Wlad. He'll need more than one punch to beat Joshua or it will need to be something that Joshua doesn't see coming. Is Wilder good enough to set up a right hand that AJ won't see??? I don't think so.

Comment

Comically bad but i'll give him some credit as bad as his competition is I am very surprised some total bum hasn't cleaned his clock already.
                  I really can't think of a more flawed, vulnerable world champion ever. The guys seriously shocking even casuals I know have had their minds completely blown witnessing his lack of technique and windmilling.

Comment

You mean knocked down, right? There are some heavyweights who have never been KOed.
                    Very few go out without getting knocked out, and the guys that do not get taken out are the insanely tough guys not really the skillful one.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Comically bad but i'll give him some credit as bad as his competition is I am very surprised some total bum hasn't cleaned his clock already.
                      I really can't think of a more flawed, vulnerable world champion ever. The guys seriously shocking even casuals I know have had their minds completely blown witnessing his lack of technique and windmilling.
                      the audley fight still cracks me up.

Worst thing, he hasn't improved since then

Comment

Working...
                      X