Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder's skills exposed by Atlas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said before I cringed on numerous occasions during that Szpilka fight, it was downright embarrassing but Wilder managed to paper over the cracks of a horrid performance with one right hand but I see him getting starched against Joshua or anyone at that level.

As usual people will say "he's got power doe, he's athletic doe, he's unorthodox doe" ..... what good is all that if he lack the basics. Dude is laughably underdeveloped.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      This is the guy America thinks can take AJ?

American here. Deontay is windmill trash.

Comment

Boxing is about making it work and it does not have to be text book or conventional to be very effective or hard to deal with.

Yea Wilder will get knocked out eventually because all it takes it one shot at the wrong time but pretty much any heavyweight will eventually get knocked out no matter what you think of their skill because heavyweight boxing is not generally a game of skills. It is generally a game of range and power. So that is not exactly saying some kind of revolutionary thing~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Boxing is about making it work and it does not have to be text book or conventional to be very effective or hard to deal with.

Yea Wilder will get knocked out eventually because all it takes it one shot at the wrong time but pretty much any heavyweight will eventually get knocked out no matter what you think of their skill because heavyweight boxing is not generally a game of skills. It is generally a game of range and power. So that is not exactly saying some kind of revolutionary thing~
          Good post. He has the size and he definitely has the range and power. Hard for guys close to 7 feet tall to move like a WW

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
            Too bad that pvssy in your avi won't step up and expose them.

Comment

"Heavyweights is not a game of skills"

Really guys??? Yeah I mean you won't find a Mayweather or Rigondeaux at heavyweight but it doesn't mean any 250 pound bum off the street with a punch can top the division.

Lord, the blasphemy that guys will spout to convince themselves that Wilder is good.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post

Really guys??? Yeah I mean you won't find a Mayweather or Rigondeaux at heavyweight but it doesn't mean any 250 pound bum off the street with a punch can top the division.

Lord, the blasphemy that guys will spout to convince themselves that Wilder is good.
                Wilder is good, just not great. Nobody said anything about bums off the street.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  Too bad that pvssy in your avi won't step up and expose them.
                  Too bad the pvssy/Donkey on the pic won't step up... Ever. Nearly 9 years into his career and 40 fights in and he still hasn't fought anyone lol AJ 3 years into his career with only 19 fights has a better resume.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post

Yea it is not a game of skill, because everyone slips up and when a big guy with a huge punch makes you pay you don't get another chance. In the lower weight classes you have margin for errors so skills matter more. Plus it is just harder for bigger guys to be fluid and precise with movements for a skill difference to really matter unless you have range on the other guy and power to back it up.

Heavyweights are always dancing on a razor blade, so if you are betting on skill it may work out or it may not.

Heavies shouldn't fight like lightweights and light weights should not fight like heavies and when that gets said about a fighter it is not a compliment.

I don't think you really know about heavyweight boxing if you don't get the point~
                    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 05-19-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to those windmills having Parker tasting canvas. Hopefully him and his backers aren't afraid to take the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X