Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are eastern europeans fighters as tough as latin american fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Nacho said khan was too much for his man and jmm openly ducked a mando against naz. Know you boxing esse
    Do that is ducked a rival?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      when Vitali made Chris Arreola cry or when Tszyu made Chavez's corner cry?
      Lmao Vitali made that Mexican waste of space cry indeed

Comment

I think, for the most part, we are products of our environment. Golovkin had choices of following his family into the Soviet army, the coal mines or boxing. Tough choices, tough guy. A lot of kids in Latin America face choices that are no less tough. I don't see anything genetic here.
        Life in the US is pretty soft for most of us, we might start off wanting to box but the reality of other avenues available to us makes the boxing avenue not very attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
          After that fight, he whooped the ass of Gary Russell JR.

Period.

Salido won, period.
          Yes because he got more experience. He was in his second pro fight and he learned. He improved a lot more since the Russell fight too.

Your thoughts on the weigh-in and refusing to do the re-hydration next day? Do you think he cheated?

Comment

i think braveness and toughness are two different things but nobody has a chin like ruslan

Comment

Well, I can say that they are at least as fundamentally sound as the Latin American boxers are concerned. However, when it comes to toughness; Who knows? Only time will reveal.

Comment

guy who said "any boxer who gets punched in the face for a living is tough etc. etc." Yes, TRUE. However I think it has been proven that usually boxers from a harder backround like mexico is usyally tougher than boxers from a more privileged upbringing, its why these giys dominate the sport. Guys like Joe Louis the brown bomber and Jake LaMotta, they came from tough backrounds its jo coincidence they were tough ass fighters they have a higher will to win, to survive. its instinct.

Thats what I believe anyway

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  Marquez was ducked for years by Hamed. Hamed's team knew Marquez had a hand injury and couldn't fight so they offered him a shot on about 4 weeks notice.
                  Explain when naz ducked him? Because the only time the fight was viable jmm didn't want any.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                    Do that is ducked a rival?
                    English you idiot, can you speak it?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      Explain when naz ducked him? Because the only time the fight was viable jmm didn't want any.
                      Manny Steward said when he was on Hamed's team he recommended avoiding Marquez.

Marquez was his mandatory for 3 years (from 1998) and Marquez lobbied for his shot. I believe he took it to Puerto Rico to put pressure on the WBO. He was finally offered the fight on short notice when he was sidelined with a hand injury.

Comment

Working...
                      X