Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are eastern europeans fighters as tough as latin american fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    English you idiot, can you speak it?
    Ok, you can't say that a fighter ducked a rival only because his trainer said something like that.

Are you stupid?

When and how Márquez ducked Khan?

Márquez would destroyed Khan in less of 10 rounds.

Comment

Khan was discussed as an option for Marquez in 2010 after the Mayweather fight but Marquez came back down to 135. At that point he had two fights left on his Golden Boy contract. No ducking there as the fight wasn't offered or called for.

Marquez would have schooled Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
        Ok, you can't say that a fighter ducked a rival only because his trainer said something like that.

Are you stupid?

When and how Márquez ducked Khan?

Márquez would destroyed Khan in less of 10 rounds.
        So, if your trainer says the other guy has too much for you and you don't fight him, while Khan at the time was top 1 or 2 in the division, that means you are brave? gtfoh with that bs

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          Manny Steward said when he was on Hamed's team he recommended avoiding Marquez.

Marquez was his mandatory for 3 years (from 1998) and Marquez lobbied for his shot. I believe he took it to Puerto Rico to put pressure on the WBO. He was finally offered the fight on short notice when he was sidelined with a hand injury.
          I don't care what Manny said, the fact is Marquez received a record high payday, reported near half a million dollars. That type of money was unusual at the time, let alone for a fw contender who had a loss on his record.

JMM turned it down because he claimed he wasnt ready, yet he had been, like you say, mando for a while. So he knew the Naz fight was going to happen, why was he not ready?

And I dunno about any injury, from JMMs own match maker

"When the WBO said they were going to make a unification, I forgot who the hell they were supposed to be fighting. What happened is this, as soon as they told us no, we took another fight. As soon as we took another fight, then they called us when we had already signed for another fight and then they wanted us to fight Hamed, Curtis recalled, of those events. Now, I wanted to pull that fight, to fight Hamed. But Nacho said no. He would've gotten a half-million for the fight and Nacho turned that fight down."

Yet this is the same JMM who fought John in asia for less than 10% of that purse lol

Fact is, Naz offered fights to JMM, Morales and Barrera, only one of them took him up on that offer.

Comment

Depends more on the individual.

Comment

Originally posted by mexican_puppet View Post
              a 40 years old chávez.

And salido whooped the ass of a prime loma
              lollllllll

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                So, if your trainer says the other guy has too much for you and you don't fight him, while Khan at the time was top 1 or 2 in the division, that means you are brave? gtfoh with that bs
                Nacho never said that...

Comment

Working...
                X