Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Memo Expects Canelo To Be HEAVIER Than Chavez on Fight Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    Few weeks ago I created a thread about a 140 fighter that was 6'2''... I Guess he is heavier than Chávez Jr right? Fool. And you didnt say anything about Brook, which gained 10+ pounds of muscle. Canelo can do the same.
    Chavez some skinny tall guy? No he's a tall huge often fat fighter who his entire career has struggled making weight and re hydrated a ton. He's 2 full weight classes bigger then canelo. Again stop embarrassing yourself maxi pad and phuk off to GGG thread to suck him off.

And for Brook I predicted he would lose and doubled down when I saw all the muscle pics of him hitting the weights. Said over and over he was too big and it would blow up in his face. Canelo pics of him in training camp look just like those I saw in work outs a month or more from khan fight.
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-16-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
      yes I'm sure ppv superstars such as king khan and beefy Smith were much better ppv draws than what a Canelo vs ggg fight would be.
      They aren't bigger draws, but actually giving up that meaningless belt was a good financial move. Canelo avoids the designated financial split with Golovkin that came with the belt. He now can negotiate from a position of strength and given GGG's numbers on his latest PPV even the $15 million offer made to GGG is a bit generous. If the Canelo Chavez fight draws big PPV numbers and the other income streams exceed expections, giving GGG the belt is a stroke of genius. Perhaps GGG should focus on his stated goal of unifying all the middleweight belts and fight Saunders next. Given GGG's track record, I don't think a Canelo Golovkin fight will generate as much PPV revenue as some aficionados think. I have been known to be wrong before. To prove my point, I said that GGG would KO Jacobs within 7.

Comment

i don't think that's possible

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
          Chavez is way bigger than canelo no matter what weight they fight. It will be dumb if canelo gets fat overnight just to avoid being out weighted, i will be really disappointed at his team... he should be 160 on the scale and 177-78 on fight night ..
          Canelo and his people are pros and pretty smart at that. Alvarez will come in at the weight that he and his team think is best for Canelo. I do have to thank Memo for his silly comments because they do serve as raw meat for the Canelo haters and generate more interest in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
            They aren't bigger draws, but actually giving up that meaningless belt was a good financial move. Canelo avoids the designated financial split with Golovkin that came with the belt. He now can negotiate from a position of strength and given GGG's numbers on his latest PPV even the $15 million offer made to GGG is a bit generous. If the Canelo Chavez fight draws big PPV numbers and the other income streams exceed expections, giving GGG the belt is a stroke of genius. Perhaps GGG should focus on his stated goal of unifying all the middleweight belts and fight Saunders next. Given GGG's track record, I don't think a Canelo Golovkin fight will generate as much PPV revenue as some aficionados think. I have been known to be wrong before. To prove my point, I said that GGG would KO Jacobs within 7.
            I think based on demand Canelo vs ggg could do around a mil ppv buys. As far as the financial split, correct me if I'm wrong but that would've only been the case if it went to purse bid. Seeing as Canelo and golden boy knew once they best cotto that they'd have to negotiate with ggg I think they had enough time to come to an agreement. I know the wbc gave them 2 weeks after the khan fight but I'm sure an extension would've been granted if they had been negotiating in good faith.

Comment

Canelo probably gonna be in the mid 170s but 180+ probably a little too big at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Whoa. Calm down angry dude. OK I hold my hands up - Lara may not be significantly smaller than the others, but the point is made 16, 17 and even 20lbs weight gain amongst the top JMWs is not out of the ordinary which was kind of what I was getting at. You manage to respond as if you think that was some kind of attack on Canelo or yourself, which it wasn't, though I apologise if it sounded that way.

Gotta say though I'm amongst the many who think that there should be a return to same day weigh-ins. Doesn't make sense to me that guys should be able to gain an advantage based on the ability to gain and lose large amounts of weight in a short time rather than on their skills and abilities in the ring. With regards to JMW I think basically most of these guys would more naturally be fighting at MW but the landscape of the sport (specially in the US) with JMW being a much more lucrative division made the price of that extra dehydration worthwhile for the opportunities it could potentially afford.
                You do know why same-day weigh-ins are gone, right? Boxers were dying back then..

Comment

Ca$hnelo will weight 205 pounds on fight night, deal with it Sinaloenses and salty NASCAR fans, .

Comment

Really hoping that Canelo finally weights himself to see how heavy is coming to fight.

But I would be shocked if he came heavier than Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                      He gets to over 170-175 at 155. Why would 185 be out of the question if he comes in at 164.5
                      I think because with that height he wuuld be slow as hell, plus he's not used to carry that much weight, being very heavy is gonna hurt more than help.

Comment

Working...
                      X