Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Memo Expects Canelo To Be HEAVIER Than Chavez on Fight Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
    He gets to over 170-175 at 155. Why would 185 be out of the question if he comes in at 164.5
    Cause he is moving up in weight not cutting I don't think he will gain that much for this fight maybe around 10 lbs

Comment

I expect BOTH fighters to come in at 180.

Canelo was 174 way back in 2013 when he fought Ausin Trout though so who knows. Maybe he does come in at 185 for this one.

Comment

Chavez Jr won't step on the scale but no way will Canelo outweigh him. Chavez is more or less a small cruiserweight who simply craps the pounds away..

Comment

Nah Memo, Canelo is not going to come in the ring weighing more than Chavez Jr.

The most I can see Canelo coming into the ring on fight night is 180lbs.

I'm pretty sure he'll be coming in either less or at the most 180lbs. The most I can see is 180lbs.

I mean absolutely Canelo can come in to the fight weighing more than Chavez Jr if he wanted to. But would that be in his best interest, of course not.
          Last edited by The Time; 04-16-2017, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            He gets to over 170-175 at 155. Why would 185 be out of the question if he comes in at 164.5
            Because he's not bulking up for this fight; he's getting as fight fit as he can, and then he's simply not boiling down much of the weight

If Alvarez was fighting 170-175, he'll likely be about that on fight night.

Andre Ward was a super middleweight fighter at the age of 29; once could argue that he was a big super middleweight. He's moved up to light heavyweight, and his body has filled in some, but he's not some massive 175lber now.

Saul Alvarez is already 26 years old; in terms of his body, unless he puts himself through a deliberate bulk, he's likely as heavy as he's going to get. Alvarez is going to fight on fight night, whether it's at 154, 160, or 168lbs, in that 170-175lbs range.

Comment

Nacho should have let Jr. go back to Mexico like he wanted. Too many In and Out burger joints in Cali.
              Doesn't matter what the weight difference is either way. Skills pay the bills and Canelo is too skilled for Jr.
              Only question is if the kO happens or if Jr. sustains 12 rounds of punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
                To be fair if your talking about Cotto and Khan amongst those you have to take into account that they are natural welterweights. Pound for pound means nothing at middle. Do you think Canelo could beat Jacobs? I think Jacobs is, even now, very underatted because of Pirog.
                Too be fair. Cotto was RANKED P4P #9 with the MW Belt. Trout around #17-19. Lara around the same AND STILL IS. Mosley was top #20. Never even thought of Khan??? But he would probably of been in the top 30???

Comment

Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
                  Amir khan will
                  LOL!!! Last I heard the story Canelo was at 215....

Comment

My bad Jacobs he a top 30 boxer IMO. But I can and COULD name 20+ better,

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                      They aren't bigger draws, but actually giving up that meaningless belt was a good financial move. Canelo avoids the designated financial split with Golovkin that came with the belt. He now can negotiate from a position of strength and given GGG's numbers on his latest PPV even the $15 million offer made to GGG is a bit generous. If the Canelo Chavez fight draws big PPV numbers and the other income streams exceed expections, giving GGG the belt is a stroke of genius. Perhaps GGG should focus on his stated goal of unifying all the middleweight belts and fight Saunders next. Given GGG's track record, I don't think a Canelo Golovkin fight will generate as much PPV revenue as some aficionados think. I have been known to be wrong before. To prove my point, I said that GGG would KO Jacobs within 7.
                      LOL ... As hard as you try and stay intelligent and neutral they want to force you to take a side.

Comment

Working...
                      X