• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Paper One vs the novice Andre Direll

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      i would say floyd-pac.

the misscoring of that fight will have an effect on boxing for a long time.

it cemented a precedent that that the guy landing the cleaner punches and forcing his opponent into holding and bending over below the waist was being outboxed. now thats all you have to do...survive the killer ward-kov style. boxing ruined
      Great point. That fight was improperly scored. Floyd did not land very many telling blows and he was forced to hold and was outboxed. Many of Floyd's punches were picked off. That ruined boxing and we are still seeing the effects of it.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
        Danny Garcia gift over Mauricio Herrera

The gift sent danny garcia into a bum feast to protect that 0 and turn herrera into string of hard no reward fights till he got spent and is no longer that guy who schooled danny garcia.
        Herrera should never have got the fight in the first place because he lost and robbed Mike Dallas Jr

Comment

The Roy Jones loss in South Korea.
          That decision led to suspending judges and an investigation by the IOC of many years, despite what some articles say, it didn't changed the point system, the decision of changing to a computerized system was made before the games, but the Roy Jones Jr vs Park Si Hun decision lead to a huge movement in the amateurs.
          Recently something similar happened with the Michael Conlan decision that lead to a lot of suspended judges.

Comment

I don't know about having an impact on the sport but the Julio Cesar Chavez/Pernell Whitaker decision had a significant impact on the legacies on both fighters. If Pernell Whitaker won that fight he would probably have have a greater ATG status. It would have been the opposite for Chavez. The Frankie Randall loss was insignificant because no one knew who he was. More impactful on the sport was the bad stoppage of Chavez/Taylor I. (I know Chavez fans don't like that one). It made headlines in the media for the wrong reasons. The Don King era was just bad for the sport.

Comment

Daniel Jacobs!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                i would say floyd-pac.

the misscoring of that fight will have an effect on boxing for a long time.

it cemented a precedent that that the guy landing the cleaner punches and forcing his opponent into holding and bending over below the waist was being outboxed. now thats all you have to do...survive the killer ward-kov style. boxing ruined
                you have to be pacquiaos relative or a floyd hater to come up with a case that manny won that fight. he lost in slow motion more convincingly. stop it. floyd dictated the pace, he controlled manny all night with jabs and pac could never adjust. he kept doing the same thing over and over that wasnt working. 118-110 floyd easy fight to score. guerrero has a better argument of beating floyd than manny does.

Comment

off the top of my head I always think about chavez sr and whitaker

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                    Definitely a bad robbery, but I don't think it made a huge or even significant impact on the sport.
                    Of course it did. It was a fight that was supposed to help catapult Lara's career.

Comment

Kovalev getting robbed against Ward, now we have a hometown gift boy as P4P #1, that's just a black mark for the sport

DLH's legacy was tarnished by getting robbed against Tito and losing to Mosley (should have been a NC due to Mosley being roided to the gills)

Castillo beating Floyd and getting shafted. Imagine how Floyd's career would have panned out if he had that rightful L on his record. He would have been less of a ***** and fight more legit threats, for sure

Comment

Working...
                      X