No announcement yet.

Robberies which had a huge impact on the sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
    Kovalev getting robbed against Ward, now we have a hometown gift boy as P4P #1, that's just a black mark for the sport

DLH's legacy was tarnished by getting robbed against Tito and losing to Mosley (should have been a NC due to Mosley being roided to the gills)

Castillo beating Floyd and getting shafted. Imagine how Floyd's career would have panned out if he had that rightful L on his record. He would have been less of a ***** and fight more legit threats, for sure
    Not a one of those fights you mentioned was a robbery. By definition a close fight can't be a robbery.

And here we go again. Watch the Castillo I fight on youtube, there is simply no way Castillo won 6 rounds much less 7. If they would have found a way to give him 7 rounds it would have been a bad decision. And that was an easy fight to score. There weren't many close rounds. Floyd clearly won 6 rounds and Castillo clearly won 4 rounds, only two rounds were close, and even those were relatively easy to score.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
      you have to be pacquiaos relative or a floyd hater to come up with a case that manny won that fight. he lost in slow motion more convincingly. stop it. floyd dictated the pace, he controlled manny all night with jabs and pac could never adjust. he kept doing the same thing over and over that wasnt working. 118-110 floyd easy fight to score. guerrero has a better argument of beating floyd than manny does.
      Pac deserved to win the fight because he was the one landing clean flush punches and thats my whole point. That fight was a robbery because it confirmed that the way we look at boxing is not in terms of who is landing what but who is doing what we want them to do and that is completely subjective and its why boxing has become so political. a fighter can win almost solely on reputation or keeping a fight slow and tactical even if he loses the slow and tactical battle as did floyd and ward for example.

examples of this type of scoring can be found when people say floyd dictated the pace. instead of focusing on the action and punches you focus on how you thought the pace should go if pac were to win. the fact that it was a slower and more tacticial fight does not give floyd the automatic win.

you say he controlled manny with jabs. well his jabs were mostly falling short, hitting gloves, or barely grazing pac. hardly clean effective punches. if you look at more accurate punch stats taken from the fight they both landed a very similar amount of punches but it was pac with the much cleaner flusher punches while it was floyd with mostly grazing, slapping, or push off type punches. also the vast majority of pacs clean punches were power shots whle the vast majority of floyd were jabs. now if these were ggg power jabs he would certainly have a much better case but the majority of his jabs were just barely grazing or landing. they were stay away from me type jabs. this can be an effective way of winning but you have to make sure your opponent isnt catching you with the harder shots and in more of the roudns pac was catchin him with the harder shots so his stay away jabs were not effective.

also my other point was that the fight was given to the guy who constantly grabbed hold and bent over below the waist when his opponent was trying to do work. this confirms another bad precedent. the thinking illegal moves are defense precedent. or thinking illegal moves are ring generalship. floyd should have been punished by the ref for doin these type of moves but since the ref was kenny bayless he did nothing. the second line of defens against illegal moves should have been the judges. they should have given the close rounds to the guy forcing the other into doing illegal moves just to keep up. the third lin of defense should be the fans who saw this but a lot of them have been so conditioned to seeing these type of moves that it has become normal. another reason this fight will go down as having the biggest impact on boxing and in a negative way.
      Last edited by daggum; 04-01-2017, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        Pac deserved to win the fight because he was the one landing clean flush punches and thats my whole point. That fight was a robbery because it confirmed that the way we look at boxing is not in terms of who is landing what but who is doing what we want them to do and that is completely subjective and its why boxing has become so political. a fighter can win almost solely on reputation or keeping a fight slow and tactical even if he loses the slow and tactical battle as did floyd and ward for example.

examples of this type of scoring can be found when people say floyd dictated the pace. instead of focusing on the action and punches you focus on how you thought the pace should go if pac were to win. the fact that it was a slower and more tacticial fight does not give floyd the automatic win.

you say he controlled manny with jabs. well his jabs were mostly falling short, hitting gloves, or barely grazing pac. hardly clean effective punches. if you look at more accurate punch stats taken from the fight they both landed a very similar amount of punches but it was pac with the much cleaner flusher punches while it was floyd with mostly grazing, slapping, or push off type punches. also the vast majority of pacs clean punches were power shots whle the vast majority of floyd were jabs. now if these were ggg power jabs he would certainly have a much better case but the majority of his jabs were just barely grazing or landing. they were stay away from me type jabs. this can be an effective way of winning but you have to make sure your opponent isnt catching you with the harder shots and in more of the roudns pac was catchin him with the harder shots so his stay away jabs were not effective.

also my other point was that the fight was given to the guy who constantly grabbed hold and bent over below the waist when his opponent was trying to do work. this confirms another bad precedent. the thinking illegal moves are defense precedent. or thinking illegal moves are ring generalship. floyd should have been punished by the ref for doin these type of moves but since the ref was kenny bayless he did nothing. the second line of defens against illegal moves should have been the judges. they should have given the close rounds to the guy forcing the other into doing illegal moves just to keep up. the third lin of defense should be the fans who saw this but a lot of them have been so conditioned to seeing these type of moves that it has become normal. another reason this fight will go down as having the biggest impact on boxing and in a negative way.
        All that text for an opinion so ******ed. Very sad.

Comment

Holyfield Lewis 1 was pretty bad IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            All that text for an opinion so ******ed. Very sad.
            care to address my points at all? your opinion is ****** isn't the best way to win a debate. if you have a reason floyd shold have won then say it. and no compubox isn't valid since its been disproven so please tell me why a guy who landed the much cleaner punches in a boxing matchc should lose to a guy who was cheating nonstop through the fight? please tell. you have a reason besides it was floyd right? please say it.

Comment

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
              Looks like none of the posters so far know what a robbery is. Close fights that can be scored either way aren't robberies.
              Jlc-may 1. Kotelnik-Alexander. Garcia-Herrera.

Comment

Lennox Holyfield 1

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  care to address my points at all? your opinion is ****** isn't the best way to win a debate. if you have a reason floyd shold have won then say it. and no compubox isn't valid since its been disproven so please tell me why a guy who landed the much cleaner punches in a boxing matchc should lose to a guy who was cheating nonstop through the fight? please tell. you have a reason besides it was floyd right? please say it.
                  You honestly think I am going to address someone as deluded and ******ed as yourself? Funny guy. No matter what logic comes your way there's no way you would ever accept anything that doesn't correlate with the fantasy you've convinced yourself of.

Literally no one agrees with you because you are literally completely delusional. I say delusional because you genuinely believe what you say. At first I thought it was just a joke.

Oh no I forgot it's a conspiracy

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLazcan View Post
                    Lara vs canelo, probably stopped a lara vs mayweather fight one were it would be highly unlikely floyd would win
                    That fight may have been a robbery to you. Polls have been done with fans and boxing writers and the majority thought Canelo deserved to win. I thought Canelo won. He chased Lara all fight and landed the harder punches. Lara ran like a scared rabbit. He landed few hard punches. Most of his punches were thrown on the run and weren't hard punches.

Comment

Antuofermo Hagler
                      Leanord Hagler
                      Chavez Whitaker
                      Trinidad Oscar
                      Hollyfield Lewis
                      Bradley PAC
                      Ward kovalev

Comment

Working...
                      X