Robberies which had a huge impact on the sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robberies which had a huge impact on the sport

Floyd vs JLC1 is always tge one which i think of

No "TBE", if that fight had gone to the legit winner, and i dont see a guy like mayweather handling a loss well, he probably would have ended up becoming Zab 2.0

Anyone think if other examples?

If Pacquiao rightfully got the 1st JMM decision. Would've spared us the final two fights.
    Same with Bradley 1.

Comment

Lara vs canelo, probably stopped a lara vs mayweather fight one were it would be highly unlikely floyd would win

Comment

Looks like none of the posters so far know what a robbery is. Close fights that can be scored either way aren't robberies.

Comment

Lara Williams

Comment

i would say floyd-pac.

the misscoring of that fight will have an effect on boxing for a long time.

it cemented a precedent that that the guy landing the cleaner punches and forcing his opponent into holding and bending over below the waist was being outboxed. now thats all you have to do...survive the killer ward-kov style. boxing ruined

Comment

This thread is insane lol.

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
              Floyd vs JLC1 is always tge one which i think of

No "TBE", if that fight had gone to the legit winner, and i dont see a guy like mayweather handling a loss well, he probably would have ended up becoming Zab 2.0
              Floyd vs Castillo wasn't a robbery. It was a close fight. I had it a draw myself. And even if Castillo had gotten the decision Floyd doesn't become "Zab 2.0". Thats f#cking silly. Floyd & Castillo likely fight again & instead of a 2 fight series it turns into a trilogy if anything where Floyd comes out on top 2-1 & then moves forward in a similar fashion as he did more or less. He may or may not have become as big as he did cuz he may or may not have gotten the Oscar fight, but Floyd would still be considered one of the top fighters of this era like he is now.

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
              If Pacquiao rightfully got the 1st JMM decision. Would've spared us the final two fights.
              Same with Bradley 1.
              The Bradley fight was a legit robbery & yea we obviously don't see Manny vs Tim II anytime soon if that decision woulda went the right way. Maybe we see Manny vs Tim II around the time that we actually saw Manny vs Tim III lol.

I thought the Manny vs JMM I fight was close & not a robbery. But the fact that one of the judges admitted to scoring a round incorrectly which would have given Manny the W there is an argument to be made it was a close outcome that got stolen from Manny if that makes sense. I'm not sure if this great rivalry gets entirely stolen from us if Manny had gotten the decision or not, but I do believe that when the guy who most fans like &/or feel is supposed to win gets the decision in a close fight then there is often less appeal or demand for a rematch so we might have never seen a rematch or as I suspect we might not have seen this even-ish series 3 more times which some might consider a good thing, but I'd consider it a bad thing historically.

Originally posted by MikeLazcan View Post
              Lara vs canelo, probably stopped a lara vs mayweather fight one were it would be highly unlikely floyd would win
              Again not a robbery. I had Lara winning, but it was a close fight & you can't call a close fight a robbery without looking a lil f#cking silly or biased.

And lmfao there is no way Lara would have gotten a fight with Floyd. I don't even think a fight between them got seriously discussed or even hinted at by anyone in the boxing business. Cubans have no fanbase to speak of & while I believe Lara is a highly skilled cat & I suspect he might have been the biggest threat to Floyd's 0 I don't think he would have gotten a Floyd fight whatever he'd have done in boxing unless he had moved down to 147 & beaten Oscar &/or Manny &/or somehow become a more marketable boxer to lure in bigger names including Floyd.
              Last edited by Eff Pandas; 04-01-2017, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Danny Garcia gift over Mauricio Herrera

The gift sent danny garcia into a bum feast to protect that 0 and turn herrera into string of hard no reward fights till he got spent and is no longer that guy who schooled danny garcia.
                Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 04-01-2017, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                  Same with Bradley 1.
                  This...but its good and bad because JMM IV was one of the greatest fights of all time.

Also, I don't think the first Bradley fight changed much, Pac which still arguably the best pound for pound fighter on the planet...although it did end up with Bradley taking 2 unnecessary beatings lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                    Lara Williams

Definitely a bad robbery, but I don't think it made a huge or even significant impact on the sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X